We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Mythbusters: Urban psychedelic legends Options

3rdI
#101 Posted : 9/14/2013 5:10:00 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Sounds like an LSD scare story to me.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Squirrel
#102 Posted : 9/14/2013 5:20:47 PM

DMT - Not yet

Ya maybe i looked it up on google and couldnt find anything, was just seeing if you guys would know becuase you know its the nexus haha

Nathanial.Dread
#103 Posted : 9/14/2013 5:29:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I was in middle school, I think it was LSD-soaked temporary tattoos. Some of them were supposed to have strychnine in them, as well.

Even at a young age, I had to wonder why someone had that much LSD, why they would give it to children instead of keeping it for themselves Razz

According to Snopes' entry on the LSD Bluestar Tattoos, it is patently false.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Squirrel
#104 Posted : 9/14/2013 5:39:23 PM

DMT - Not yet

Haha ya i dont know why they had so much and gave it away.

Wax
#105 Posted : 9/14/2013 7:34:25 PM

LUVR

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
When I was in middle school, I think it was LSD-soaked temporary tattoos. Some of them were supposed to have strychnine in them, as well.

Even at a young age, I had to wonder why someone had that much LSD, why they would give it to children instead of keeping it for themselves Razz

According to Snopes' entry on the LSD Bluestar Tattoos, it is patently false.

Blessings
~ND

Haha, I remember this! I went to the county fair once with my mom and the police had a little box full of drugs and paraphernalia (don't know if the drugs were real) but I remember seeing a peyote button. My mom asked me if I had ever seen any of them and I replied "Ya..." freaking out she asked me which ones. I pointed to the white out and temporary star tattoo, hahaha!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

idtravlr
#106 Posted : 9/14/2013 10:27:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha! This reminds of an episode of an old TV show in the 80's called Quincy. It was all about LSD laced stickers and kids killing themselves on it. It was so ignorantly written it's not even funny.
I had actually always thought that the strychnine thing was real though. I thought trace amounts of it was used to bring on initial body load effects quicker. Good know it's not. Smile
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Nathanial.Dread
#107 Posted : 9/15/2013 1:04:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
Haha! This reminds of an episode of an old TV show in the 80's called Quincy. It was all about LSD laced stickers and kids killing themselves on it. It was so ignorantly written it's not even funny.
I had actually always thought that the strychnine thing was real though. I thought trace amounts of it was used to bring on initial body load effects quicker. Good know it's not. Smile

I don't know where this whole LSD/Strychnine pairing came from. Whenever you hear about dangerous acid, there's usually someone talking about how it's got strychnine in it.

I am 90% sure that strychnine isn't psychoactive, or active in any more interesting way beyond it's toxicity. Maybe it's just because it's potent enough that you could fit some on a blotter, but if that were the case, why don't we hear about LSD laced with botulinum toxins?

Blessings
~ND

idtravlr
#108 Posted : 9/16/2013 12:50:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:

I don't know where this whole LSD/Strychnine pairing came from. Whenever you hear about dangerous acid, there's usually someone talking about how it's got strychnine in it.

I am 90% sure that strychnine isn't psychoactive, or active in any more interesting way beyond it's toxicity. Maybe it's just because it's potent enough that you could fit some on a blotter, but if that were the case, why don't we hear about LSD laced with botulinum toxins?

Blessings
~ND

I don't know either. It was always what I was told when I first started using LSD and I could never find any information to substantiate or contradict the idea, so I always just took it as a real possibility.

Now, it appears that strychnine is actually an indole alkaloid (which would suggest that it very well could be psychoactive in humans) and is considered a psychoactive chemical in animals. Here's a blurb:
Quote:
Psychoactive drugs, such as caffeine, amphetamine, mescaline, strychnine, LSD, marijuana, chloral hydrate, theophylline, IBMX and others, can have strong effects on certain animals. At small concentrations, some psychoactive drugs reduce the feeding rate of insects and molluscs, and at higher doses some can kill them[citation needed]. Spiders build more disordered webs after consuming most drugs than before. It is believed that some plants developed caffeine in their leaves as a natural protection against insects.

From this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/...oactive_drugs_on_animals

So, perhaps there is some merit to the rumor...
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

oetzi13
#109 Posted : 9/17/2013 3:36:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

About strychnine in the hairs of peyote buttons....There is nothing poisonous at all in there?
Someone I know sure is glad to find out about that. It will save a lot of time!
Just don't

Nathanial.Dread
#110 Posted : 9/18/2013 12:57:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Found this buried in the Wiki entry for Strychnine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strychnine#Symptoms wrote:
In low dosages, strychnine can act as a stimulant and has been used by athletes to enhance their performance. Strychnine made headlines back in 1904 during the St. Louis Olympics. At that time there were no rules yet about the use of performance enhancing drugs. The American Fred Lorz won the marathon competition but was disqualified just after crossing the finish line because officials learned he had taken a car ride for part of the race. The next man to finish was the British-born US athlete Thomas Hicks. He won the gold medal but not without a little help. About 10 miles from the finish line Hicks begged his trainers to let him stop running and give-up the race. His trainers refused and gave him a dose of strychnine as a stimulant to keep him going. They also gave him raw egg-white and brandy. As a result Hicks had to be carried across the finish line and it took four doctors to revive him so that he could leave the stadium. More recently at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, strychnine was used to optimize the athletic performance of Wu Dan, a female volleyball player from China. Dan was the first person to test positive for drugs at the Olympics, testing positive for strychnine despite claiming that she had not ingested any. The strychnine was contained in capsules that Dan was taking without the knowledge of the team doctor. She took the capsule as a tonic because she was feeling a bit tired. The Olympic committee banned her from any more competition but stated that Dan didn’t intentionally cheat.[13]

Emphasis mine.

I've got to say: with the vast array of performance-enhancing drugs out there (some of them very dangerous in their own right), I imagine that it takes a special kind of brain to choose strychnine as your drug of choice. Stop

Perhaps you could combine strychnine with LSD to make a little speedier, and maybe someone, way back when, actually did.

Blessings
~ND

GOD
#111 Posted : 9/17/2014 9:14:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The strichnine story was a typical press scare ?

How do people explain others who have sensory effects similar to descriptions of the effects of weak LSD ...... that have never had LSD ? Do they have flashbacks ?

What about the BIGGEST drug myths ? = Machine elves and alien contact ?

I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

oversoul1919
#112 Posted : 9/17/2014 9:44:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD wrote:
The strichnine story was a typical press scare ?

How do people explain others who have sensory effects similar to descriptions of the effects of weak LSD ...... that have never had LSD ? Do they have flashbacks ?

What about the BIGGEST drug myths ? = Machine elves and alien contact ?

How are elves and aliens myth? Yes, they're experienced subjectively, but they're very common part of DMT experiences.

GOD
#113 Posted : 9/17/2014 10:22:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

>How are elves and aliens myth? Yes, they're experienced subjectively, but they're very common part of DMT experiences.

The myth isnt that people see them after takeing DMT . Thats a persons psychoilogy = when they read books by people that they believe in about machine elves being a part of a DMT trip they then see them .

The myth is that they realy exist .

This is from memory if its wrong please someone explain ---- >

Maybe people should look at where the story comes from . Has anyone ever seen storys about machine elves being a part of a DMT trip before mckenna read gulivers travels , went to the jungle with his brother and friends , had a nervous breakdown so bad that his friends abandoned him and then his brother abandoned him ........... then there was the bit with 14 days and nights without sleep .......... all of that while ab/useing drugs .

Then after he wrote that LOADS of people started seeing machine elves on DMT . The story went round the web . Now there are people claiming to see machine elves on salvia and other drugs .

Think direction placebo , conditioning , faith healing ,

The first thing that an explorer who uses drugs needs to know is that its a drug experience and hallucinations are not real .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

oversoul1919
#114 Posted : 9/17/2014 10:37:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD wrote:
>How are elves and aliens myth? Yes, they're experienced subjectively, but they're very common part of DMT experiences.

The myth isnt that people see them after takeing DMT . Thats a persons psychoilogy = when they read books by people that they believe in about machine elves being a part of a DMT trip they then see them .

The myth is that they realy exist .

This is from memory if its wrong please someone explain ---- >

Maybe people should look at where the story comes from . Has anyone ever seen storys about machine elves being a part of a DMT trip before mckenna read gulivers travels , went to the jungle with his brother and friends , had a nervous breakdown so bad that his friends abandoned him and then his brother abandoned him ........... then there was the bit with 14 days and nights without sleep .......... all of that while ab/useing drugs .

Then after he wrote that LOADS of people started seeing machine elves on DMT . The story went round the web . Now there are people claiming to see machine elves on salvia and other drugs .

Think direction placebo , conditioning , faith healing ,

The first thing that an explorer who uses drugs needs to know is that its a drug experience and hallucinations are not real .

You seem quite confident about your opinion. Good luck with that.

Guyomech
#115 Posted : 9/17/2014 10:52:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

A broad group of DMT users (myself included) have seen, interacted with or otherwise experienced entities while under the influence. Is this entirely because of TMK's suggestions? I think we can rule that out because of the traditional healers who use DMT mixtures and describe interactions with entities as being a standard part of the experience, which dates back for many, many generations before McKenna's time.

That said, whether the entities are "real" or not is a question that breaks down the closer you look at it. Are YOU real?

GOD
#116 Posted : 9/17/2014 11:00:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What in your opinion was opinion in what i said please ?

OK i'll turn it around ---- >

What evidence is there for machine elves ?

Has anyone seen any refeence to machine elves on DMT tips before mckenna talked about it ?

Has anyone seen any reference to machine elves on salvia or other drug trips before the machine elves on DMT story ?

If a person who says that they see pink elephants , daemons and angels and believes in them and claims that they are real is psychotic ....... What about people who do the same with machine elves ?

The guy who wrote the psychedelic information theory wrote a good article about machine elves has anyone read it and dissagrees ?

I'm asking because i'm on a site that wants to be a psychedelic university and i think that the subject should interest serious people .

dreamer042
#117 Posted : 9/17/2014 11:11:02 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

GOD wrote:
The guy who wrote the psychedelic information theory wrote a good article about machine elves has anyone read it and dissagrees ?

This has been discussed.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=30705
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

oversoul1919
#118 Posted : 9/17/2014 11:16:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD wrote:

What in your opinion was opinion in what i said please ?

OK i'll turn it around ---- >

What evidence is there for machine elves ?

Has anyone seen any refeence to machine elves on DMT tips before mckenna talked about it ?

Has anyone seen any reference to machine elves on salvia or other drug trips before the machine elves on DMT story ?

If a person who says that they see pink elephants , daemons and angels and believes in them and claims that they are real is psychotic ....... What about people who do the same with machine elves ?

I'm asking because i'm on a site that wants to be a psychedelic university and i think that the subject should interest serious people .

Terrence McKenna just called them "machine elves". Indigenous people of Amazon called them "helping, healing spirits". Does it really matter how we call them? Here we go, I'll call them "clockwork gnomes". What now?

"What in your opinion was opinion in what i said please ?"

Exactly what you said in your previous post, that DMT experience is a hallucination, and "not real". I respect that opinion, but as long as you state it as an opinion, not a fact. Once you go convincing me about that, while you, in fact, don't truly know what the heck is going on, I have a problem with you. Read the attitude page once again.

I think I should stop here, before this thread go into abyss. Have a nice day.

GOD
#119 Posted : 9/18/2014 12:02:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

" A broad group of DMT users (myself included) have seen, interacted with or otherwise experienced entities while under the influence "

I have seen snow white and the 7 thousand dracula dwarfs on a strong Psilocybin trip . They chased me out of the woods with axes and broad swords. But they werent realy there . Noone else saw them .

" Is this entirely because of TMK's suggestions? "

Sugestions ...... sugestability .......

Did you read about machine elves before you had your experience ?

" I think we can rule that out because of the traditional healers who use DMT mixtures and describe interactions with entities as being a standard part of the experience, "

Did any traditional healers talk about or describe machine elves ? Before mckenna ?

People who dont know believe in things ? Before people found answers by useing a system called science based on proven facts and causality they thought that events and illnesses were caused by spirits and ghosts ........ but they arent ....... that was just their way of describeing things . Those ghosts and spirits dont exist . I dont have to prove that . People who claim that machine elves are real have to prove it if they want to be taken seriosly ....... and be called a psychedelic expert from a psychedelic university .

" That said, whether the entities are "real" or not is a question that breaks down the closer you look at it. Are YOU real? "

No it isnt . I am real . If you deny that you deny the whole of science . Its a self confirming interlaced system . If you deny that i am real you deny that you are real and you deny that your experiences are real . Do you deny reality ? Where are the facts and proof for machine elves ? Besides people saying ...... i saw machine elves ( after hearing / reading about them ) ......... and my trips are real ?

" Terrence McKenna just called them "machine elves". Indigenous people of Amazon called them "helping, healing spirits" "

Did they see the same things ? Is there some sort of empirical trip reality where its always the same ? If so why are trips so different ?

" I respect that opinion, but as long as you state it as an opinion, not a fact. Once you go convincing me about that, while you, in fact, don't truly know what the heck is going on, I have a problem with you. Read the attitude page once again. "

I read that page directly before i posted . I also read the other ones about agession , argueing and takeing onself / what one says / believes to seriously . I am not preaching . I am talking about a common myth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology I am not trying to convince you of anything . Its not about you its about the myth . And reality is not my opinion . Do you deny science and reality / the concept of reality ?

Just because a person believes things it doesnt make them facts .

Are there any facts or indications that there are machine elves liveing in a real and seperate to our world that we can enter when we take DMT ? Besides subjective claims from people who have taken a trip ?

I want a sensible conversation and i want to hear other peoples opinions and see as many facts as possible .

A question ........ If a person doesnt like / agree with what i am talking / asking about does that mean i am breaking the rules ?

GOD
#120 Posted : 9/18/2014 12:50:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here is another one ...... is it a myth ?

I have read that Peganum Harmala is ---- >

Dangerous if a peson takes over three gramms

It is hallucinogenic in slightly bigger doses

That in big doses its poisonous

So questions ...... are those myths ? Is there any scientific data that shows that it is dangerous ? I mean specificly that plant and the harmala alkaloids in it .

( I didnt come here to have arguments or proove anything . I think that the thread is a VERY good idea and i am talking about MYTHS . I want to know facts and what people think ).

«PREV45678NEXT»