We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Mythbusters: Urban psychedelic legends Options

infinitynlove
#81 Posted : 1/23/2013 2:03:25 AM

Mushroom Explorer

REF : Flashbacks:

I definitely had what felt like a flashback or a flashback like experience.

I had been drug free in all forms for about 4 years ( have taken a LOT of acid when younger ) I was meditating and then stopped, I was just lying on my bed feeling nice and relaxed and I looked at the walls and they where kind of melting, not intensely, just a bit, like on 100 - 150ug of LSD.

it was a dim lit room and at first I couldn't believe it and thought it must be me tired, I turned the light on and I visually felt like I was tripping and everything was kind of melting, I rubbed my eyes and washed my face in the bathroom and it was still happening but it seemed less, after a bit of squinting and trying to stare at things to see if they would stop wobbling, it just kind of wore off and stopped, it must of lasted 5 - 10 mins max, I felt 100% normal at the time though, it was just all a visual distortion with no mental effects whatsoever.

I convinced myself this was a flashback, but I don't know if it was or not?
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#82 Posted : 1/23/2013 2:25:48 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

i experience stuff like that everyday

flashbacks just a term with a lot of stupid cultural conotations attached to it. no one even knows what it 'is' anyways. i wouldn't focus on it or get hung up on words and categorically placing experiences into mental slots of designated meaning

but fact is, you can deliberately build the neuronal connections to altered states of consciousness to the point where you can get to some pretty far out states without ingesting anything at all, and sometimes spontaneously. this is what people have done for millenia in the amazon and other places all over the world. its just like building any other muscle, skill, or practice

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

infinitynlove
#83 Posted : 1/23/2013 6:05:12 PM

Mushroom Explorer

universecannon wrote:
i experience stuff like that everyday

flashbacks just a term with a lot of stupid cultural conotations attached to it. no one even knows what it 'is' anyways. i wouldn't focus on it or get hung up on words and categorically placing experiences into mental slots of designated meaning

but fact is, you can deliberately build the neuronal connections to altered states of consciousness to the point where you can get to some pretty far out states without ingesting anything at all, and sometimes spontaneously. this is what people have done for millenia in the amazon and other places all over the world. its just like building any other muscle, skill, or practice

i never knew that!

maybe it was down to the meditation and that triggered it?

peace
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

infinitynlove
#84 Posted : 1/23/2013 6:08:31 PM

Mushroom Explorer

spinCycle wrote:
Just remembered a drug 'education' film they showed us in Jr High. It was an older black and white film from the 50s and the male characters were all greasers, no hippies yet existed and whoever made this probably knew nothing of the Beats.

Anyway, the main thing I remember was that after they 'scored' their marijuana they went into an alley and smoked a joint and began laughing, then they smashed the necks off of soda bottles against a brick wall and started drinking from the sharp broken bottles while blood flowed from their mouths down their faces and onto their shirts and the narrator said, "Because he had smoked Marijuana, Johnny did not know he was swallowing broken glass." Surprised

In another film a guy on duty in the Navy does LSD and the blips on his computer screen turned into a monster and chased him screaming around the ship. They actually had an animated monster in that one. Naturally, he ends up incurably insane.

Very few things I ever saw made me as curious about what drugs actually did as those films. I figured if they told lies like that to keep us away, whatever it was must be pretty good. Very happy

Wow they are proper lies!

if i cut my lip stoned i would sooooo know about it and probably have half a panic attack!

He must of got some bad acid, wish i could be chased by a monster on acid ! it would be really fun, i would be giggling and running at the same time!

DeMenTed
#85 Posted : 1/23/2013 6:09:49 PM

Barry

One myth i got told years ago was rather disconcerting at the time. I had taken around 50 liberty cap mushrooms and i was heavily tripping and someone trying to freak me out told me that the mushrooms can start to grow inside you and you trip forever!! I'm glad it was a myth Very happy

Parshvik Chintan
#86 Posted : 1/23/2013 6:46:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:
someone trying to freak me out told me that the mushrooms can start to grow inside you and you trip forever!!

that's as silly as saying if you eat watermelon seeds you will grow watermelons inside you.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

spinCycle
#87 Posted : 1/23/2013 7:04:32 PM

Life is Art is Life

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
that's as silly as saying if you eat watermelon seeds you will grow watermelons inside you.

I was actually told this as a kid. Big grin

Edit: As an aside, watermelon is one of my favorite foods to eat when coming down from tripping. Ecstatic delight!
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

universecannon
#88 Posted : 1/23/2013 7:26:57 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yea watermelons good. My favorite thing on mushrooms is oranges, Or maybe a mango

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

chemicaly changed
#89 Posted : 3/11/2013 5:08:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Once I woke up at night and i was still somewhat asleep and i was seeing colors and hearing a buzz like dmt! i was conscious and after i was more awoken it stopped. I came back to bed and told that to my gf. It was pretty intriguing Smile
Everything I write is pure insanity and should not be taken seriously.

Mush !!!

SKA
#90 Posted : 3/11/2013 12:02:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thepureskunk wrote:
Could you add Flashbacks to your list Traveler?

Lots of govt propaganda when i was a teen saying that you could have flashbacks any time in your life after doing lsd, mushrooms etc.

I've never had one Very happy

I sure did experience Flashbacks. Often in the month after a psychedelic experience.
But they're just not as intense as they are portrayed to be by mindless media.

Usually these Flashbacks last very short, maximally 1 minute, and allthough certain
visual patterns, emotionons/sensations & memories from the trip are relived, it's not
ant all like suddenly having a +++ psychedelic experience for 1 minute.

Flashbacks are usualy very mild, brief and never have been impairative. The media makes
it sound as if one can get a Flashback while driving on the highways & becomming too
disturbed to drive safely. But it's more like a faint set of sensations & perceptions remeniscent of a trip one recently had; It's not at all impairative or disturbing.

I found that after having had enough LSD, Mushroom & DMT experiences, smoking a Cannabis
joint can pretty effectively trigger a Flashback of these Psychedelics. I can only say I
find this most convenient. Flashbacks are like a bonus gift, not a bad side-effect at all.

Another Psychedelic myth I've often heard:
If you eat mushrooms or take LSD you will see gnomes & elves.
I have had plenty of LSD & mushroom experiences, yet have never
encountered entities whilst under their influence. I did "see"
a snake-like hideous, yet beautyfull dragon creature "swimming"
mid air through my living room, but it was more like a strong
case of visual imagination than actually SEEING a dragon.

On DMT journeys I have SEEN entities: Snakes, Humanoids, Goats,
Felines, Insects & Lizzards. Not imagined strongly...no seen.

hostilis
#91 Posted : 3/30/2013 9:42:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So!! I heard the funniest LSD myth in a different forum just now. It seems like this person is COMPLETELY serious. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this is false.

If you have pure LSD crystals, and you go into a dark room with it in a jar and shake it, it will spark... Drool Laughing Surprised Wut?

*facepalm*

HERE Is the thread it is one. heatlessBBQ is the one who originally posted it.

Have any of you EVER heard this??

EDIT: Post moved. Didn't see this thread.

3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Cavemen
#92 Posted : 3/30/2013 10:27:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is pure electricity, man! Haha. Haven't heard that one but I am gonna use it on my friends who already give into the LSD propaganda anyways. Big grin

The most common myth I hear people regurgitating: if you crack your back, you get a flashback.

nameless
#93 Posted : 3/30/2013 10:35:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am sure you have never read TiHKAL by Dr. Shulgin, entry #26, page 491 at the bottom "A totally pure salt, when dry and when shaken in the dark, will emit small flashes of white light". This is referring to a pure salt, i.e. above 99% purity and almost completely insoluble.

NOT MYTH, FACT
The problem with wisdom is that it cannot be taught, but ignorance can.

Cavemen
#94 Posted : 3/30/2013 10:39:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that you mention it, I recall reading that sentence in TiHKAL.

It's no wonder why LSD feels like electricity on your tongue.

Another myth: LSD alters your DNA Shocked

Philosopher
#95 Posted : 3/30/2013 11:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you take lsd it stays in your spine forever. My friends actually believe this and think I'm the crazy one
We are surprisingly similar.

hostilis
#96 Posted : 3/30/2013 7:24:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nameless wrote:
I am sure you have never read TiHKAL by Dr. Shulgin, entry #26, page 491 at the bottom "A totally pure salt, when dry and when shaken in the dark, will emit small flashes of white light". This is referring to a pure salt, i.e. above 99% purity and almost completely insoluble.

NOT MYTH, FACT

Crazy!!!
That's awesome

My grafting guide

hostilis
#97 Posted : 3/30/2013 7:25:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Philosopher wrote:
If you take lsd it stays in your spine forever. My friends actually believe this and think I'm the crazy one

I've heard this one. Also, when you pop your back it sends you into a trip... Never happened to me. Although I do know that when I'm frying popping my back feels GREAT!! Lol.

My grafting guide

rave420
#98 Posted : 7/18/2013 1:23:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

about those flashbacks...

it's interesting to note that most higher developed organisms have the machinery needed to create DMT via biosynthesis. We have all the right enzymes, proteins and building blocks lying around. That does not mean the body spontaneously creates it, but in biology, if your body possesses one set of enzymes degrading the compound, you can safely assume your body also has a pathway / mechanism for undoing that change. It's just that the degradation of DMT is thermodynamically more favored than it's creation. I bet it needs an active input of energy in may different steps to actually create DMT from Tryptophan. Hence a special reaction pathway must exist affording / expending energy in it's creation, and with no apparent short term or long term benefit, these pathways may have once existed and worked, but through evolution and time, started to go dormant by today.

This is why you don't find DMT anywhere in the body / tissue / fluid. It would be very interesting to get fresh, second old biopsy samples from brain tissue immediately after one dies. i am willing to wager on the fact that DMT indeed exists, but after minutes, even the remaining dead cells in the brain have degraded and removed any such evidence.

Tough call. Certainly not related to flashbacks, but i thought i may share my insight.

Ringworm
#99 Posted : 7/18/2013 6:09:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hostilis wrote:
Philosopher wrote:

I've heard this one. Also, when you pop your back it sends you into a trip... Never happened to me. Although I do know that when I'm frying popping my back feels GREAT!! Lol.

I'd love to have a longer, more descriptive comment here, but I NEVER miss my appointment with the chiropractor....
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

Squirrel
#100 Posted : 9/14/2013 4:57:59 PM

DMT - Not yet

Hey guys i don't know if this is true but didn't something happen that some people were giving stickers to people and kids saying that you have to lick it to make it sticky but it was actually LSD. Someone at my work told me so I was just wandering haha

«PREV34567NEXT»