We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Mythbusters: Urban psychedelic legends Options

endlessness
#61 Posted : 11/16/2011 9:46:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote the source of your information. What publication is this from?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PrimalWisdom
#62 Posted : 11/16/2011 10:20:31 AM

Everything the light touches

I had a strange experience a few years back. I had been using acid for a good few years and one day I was visiting my parents. I was busy making tea with my mom and suddenly the walls started breathing, I felt like I was coming onto acid. I had to sit down and it got quite intense to the point where I had OEVโ€™s & CEVโ€™s very similar to acid. I had no mental effects like acid usually gives me. I felt fine but was just tripping balls. It passed in about 3-5 minutes, it was pretty enjoyable though. I consider it a flashback, but heck it could have been anything really.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

endlessness
#63 Posted : 11/16/2011 10:49:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ricaurte research showing major damage in the brain was completely flawed because they used methamphetamine instead of MDMA.

I suggest you read more into this MDMA thing, its not as simple as some might make it out to be. Please read this thread I posted some about it
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26775

In post nr 10 I post a link to a review of MDMA neurotoxicity studies.

One factor you got to take in account is to read the full research, not just the abstracts or simplified review of the studies, because you have to check for methodology. Most researches into MDMA dont take in account factors such as: dehydration/excessive dancing/other drug use in life, etc.. You cannot talk about MDMA brain changes if they are analysing the brain of a person who has been also taking it in hot places, dancing all night, dehydrating, taking other drugs, etc.. So when they talk about "control" group, what kind of control group is it? Etc etc. And animal studies are also something we need to be wary of. Always ask/research: what animal was it (and how similar are those animals to humans regarding that specific neuroreceptor/physiology/pharmacology)? What dosages was it? What was the route of administration ? etc

In any case it seems there are some possible negative consequences to MDMA if taken regularly and in high doses (or for animals injected with absurd amounts), but how that relates to people taking in reasonable doses, with other safety precautions, in sporadic use, its unsure. Again, check the thread above, there's some more info about it.

Shaolin
#64 Posted : 11/16/2011 11:34:12 AM

Stiletto Stoner

DMTerrestrial wrote:

These holes are just neurons being destroyed, not marble sized holes. When you look at a image of brain activity spots light up in different colors.

"The concept of "holes" most likely comes from a misinterpretation of SPECT (and other) scans which show the levels of activity (or lack thereof) in certain areas of the brain, by measuring glucose usage, blood flow, and other proxies for activity. Such scans do not, however, show the physical structure of the brain"

". SPECT provides a "snapshot" of cerebral blood flow since scans can be acquired after seizure termination (so long as the radioactive tracer was injected at the time of the seizure)"

And a quote from the same article you've linked

"Current ecstasy users had slightly lower SERT density than non-users, but the former ecstasy users were indistinguishable from people who had never used the drug".

Also the study from where the picture is, used the following protocole:
"baboon was treated with MDMA (5 mg/kg, s.c.,twice daily for four consecutive days)".

So a baboon named Shaolin would have to inject himself with 350mg of MDMA, twice a day, for four days.
subcutaneous (subcut)
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

The Traveler
#65 Posted : 11/16/2011 1:59:54 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

endlessness wrote:
Quote the source of your information. What publication is this from?

Check attachted document.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

soulfood
#66 Posted : 11/16/2011 3:27:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

There isn't a guy in your local psych ward who thinks he's an Orange.

Even if he did think he's an Orange, he couldn't request you don't peal him because oranges don't have lips. An Orange would know this.

Also, if you're arms looked like snakes on any hallucinogen, you would not cut them of. That sort of behaviour is much more likely to be a result of an overdose of a deliriant like.tropanes.

Also, how would he cut off his second ARM!?!

The above 2 stories I first heard at the age of 12 from an anti-drugs roadshow that visited my school. I've since heard the story's repeated several times from people who.think they know better.

Quite funny really, but misleading is still misleading.

deadlight
#67 Posted : 11/16/2011 5:19:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

in my shool i asked my teacher is when people said acid, they meant like acid acid like car battery acid. She said yes. ?!

i also heard that it collects in you're spine and when you clck you're back by streaching or whatever, it comes out and gives you flashbacks

haha flashbacks man what a load of bull iv only ever had one and it was cool. way i see it if you get a flashback thats some good investment! £5 a month ago and you're still feelin it?! yipeee

Magicman
#68 Posted : 11/16/2011 6:31:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know all the comments about it were from a while ago , but it may still be useful;

Those hallucinations as you doze off are called hypnagogic visions and I get them , only in the weeks after psychedelics though, then they decrease.
Nothing to worry about as far as I know, don't know what causes it or what it is indicative of , but they can even be fun. Smile

The inverse of those are called hypnapompic visions, you get them as you wake up.

Doodazzle
#69 Posted : 11/16/2011 6:45:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MDA and MDMA:

Hole in the noodle eh? Olney's Lessions is what they are called. They are caused by PCP, when adminstered in elephantine doses to rats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olney's_lesions

Also, possibly caused by DXM

http://www.erowid.org/ch...ls/dxm/dxm_health1.shtml

Now, unto my other E-related pet-peeve of an urban myth, it goes like this:

Some recreational using party dude "is this Sas or Molly"

party girl "it's Sas"

Me "Er, and what's the difference?"

party dude "like, duh, everyone knows Sas is from natural sources, Molly is straight up MDMA, synthesised. "

By inference, we can read that the term Molly was invented to distinguish actual MDMA from "rolls" which can contain any mixture of DXM, caffien, MDMA, speed, dope, ect ect.

MDMA and MDA are both synthesised from natural sources, derived from the chemical sasafrole which takes it's name from sasafras, one of the plants containing this chemical. Molly and Sas are just marketting terms. In common parlance (in my area), anything in powdered from is usually called Sas, pressed pills are called Molly, and blue/green or purple pressies which are always cut with garbage and are sure to put a frown on Mr Party Guys face are termed "rolls".
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Doodazzle
#70 Posted : 11/16/2011 6:52:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh and haha, abou the infamous Orange guy/orange-juice guy. On the History channel, back in 2006 or 7 they did a series of 1 hour long shows about various drugs, one about wee, one about speed, ect. On the LSD episode they had some expert guy, a reputable scientist type who was in college during the 60's. He related the Orange Juice guy myth "one time I met this guy, who just stood there terrified. It turns out he thought he was a glass of OJ and was scared I might spill him".

I doubt this was an actual occurance, and the origins of the story...rather, some silly headed proffessor was relating an anecdote he had once heard, and never verified (It never happened. If prooven wrong, I swear I will eat my hat. Tell saint peter, this bet I'm waging extends beyond the mortak coil). What made me laugh was this PHD wielding dumb ass sitting there relating a myth that everyone has heard, on TV, as if we hadn't already heard it and all known it to be BS.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Fractalyzed
#71 Posted : 11/16/2011 7:08:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think one of the major problems in accurately studying the effects of MDMA on the brain is the lack of purity.

"Ecstasy " has such a huge array of drugs attached to it.

Most people that roll, have done other drugs too. Besides that however, lets say someone has rolled countless times in their life and just smoked weed, maybe acid and shrooms (not shown to create holes). How sure are we that they have gotten pure MDMA throughout their use? Pure MDMA is incredibly hard to come around. When buying ecstasy, it's usually cut with a whole bunch of other things that we really have no idea what they are.
Especially now in an era with RCs, the combination can be anything.

Wax
#72 Posted : 11/16/2011 10:05:29 PM

LUVR

And this folks is why we need legal, standardized drugs.
We cannot let brain holes become the next plague Smile
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

biopsylo
#73 Posted : 11/16/2011 10:24:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the "sass" that i have come across is yellow/brown, and smells strongly of menthol (or safarole?) sass gives me leg cramps!

where the "molly" is clear/ white shard or powder and no real smell (that i recall).

cross check "rolls" on dancesafe,org , or get a test kit- there can be just about anything in there, and imo not worth it for a cheap bzz

DMTerrestrial
#74 Posted : 11/18/2011 6:32:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Ricaurte research showing major damage in the brain was completely flawed because they used methamphetamine instead of MDMA.

I suggest you read more into this MDMA thing, its not as simple as some might make it out to be. Please read this thread I posted some about it
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26775

In post nr 10 I post a link to a review of MDMA neurotoxicity studies.

Been busy lately. Slowly reading into the information. Thank you!
I can think of nothing more important for the survival of our species and those we live with then for us all to have access to the psychedelic experience.

hixidom
#75 Posted : 12/18/2012 8:44:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Already posted? Maybe.

Wikipedia: "List of Misconceptions About Illegal Drugs"
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

spinCycle
#76 Posted : 12/18/2012 8:53:18 PM

Life is Art is Life

My parents literally thought Marijuana could kill you, like one hit too many and you just dropped dead. They were taught to equate it with Heroin.

One that I heard several times as a teenager ('70s) was that Marijuana could make you grow breasts on any part of your body. I kid you not, I could not have made that one up.

Udderly ridiculous, of course Very happy though the idea of one on each elbow always seemed kind of interesting.
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

bonger
#77 Posted : 12/19/2012 11:34:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really think the not coming back thing is true........my dads friends little brother spilt close to a vial of lsd on his hand and sat under a tree for ten years, sounds like every other urban story but i met every individual involved except the gone one he passed away after about ten years of being undr the tree. i guarntee other people out there can attest to this also in the carribean/west indies they make a bevrage called joyjuice which is often angel trumpet mixed with morning glory in which i know someone who drank it and was never right again def didnt come back ended up walking into a kmart dressed in all white with a unloaded shotgun.

no one has to believe me but both these stories are true

also in highschool people used to always say "if your wigging out on lsd take bendryl" pretty sure thats another myth too lol

fractalicious
#78 Posted : 1/19/2013 4:54:18 AM
Dave

Could possibly then based on this premise a person have an accutely bad psychotic episode and flashback to this stressful event in theory.

More of the same drug just like a smell place something that relates to the bad trip could retrigger a flashback to the episode.

69ron wrote:
Flashbacks are not related to the drug being in the body. Most flashbacks happen to people who've experienced something that was very stressful or blissful, such as being in a war, or being in love for the first time. My uncle was in the Vietnam War, and had flashbacks to it for many years afterwards. He never used psychedelic drugs.

Flashbacks are a phenomenon that has been occurring to human beings all around the world for thousands of years. They are simply a natural occurrence.

Sometimes something as simple as a scent can trigger a flashback to something. In a flashback you can experience the emotions, memories, even the sounds of that past event. Some flashbacks are so severe that people actually SEE pieces of that memory appear before their eyes.

Itโ€™s a fascinating subject, but has actually nothing to do with psychedelics.

With that being said, SWIM had never had a flashback and has used LSD thousands of times.

The difficulty of performing a given task is directly proportional to a persons capability for confusion![color=red]

null24
#79 Posted : 1/23/2013 12:28:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I swear the one that has always bugged the tar outta me was the "Xtc is LSD and heroin combined". Jeez! Really? I even hear kids STILL repeating this, even some who are into the whole 'scene'. Silly. Its unfortunate that there is so much disinformation in drug culture. From the 'officials', like my 9th grade math teacher who told me that pot makes your eyes bleed to the user who states: 'hey my buddy has some awesome mescaline microdots'. It is hard to find good reliable info on these substances.
Why, when I was young we had to try and dig up nonexistent information where we could, and often relied on unreliable sources, like dealers. I am dismayed at the thought of all the experiments and fun I could have had if I'd had access to the info when I had time and fewer responsibilities. Or then again, we all might be dead if I was able to do these things. Happy days, all...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*ฮณฮฝแฟถฮธฮน ฯƒฮตฮฑฯ…ฯ„ฯŒฮฝ*

spinCycle
#80 Posted : 1/23/2013 12:46:44 AM

Life is Art is Life

Just remembered a drug 'education' film they showed us in Jr High. It was an older black and white film from the 50s and the male characters were all greasers, no hippies yet existed and whoever made this probably knew nothing of the Beats.

Anyway, the main thing I remember was that after they 'scored' their marijuana they went into an alley and smoked a joint and began laughing, then they smashed the necks off of soda bottles against a brick wall and started drinking from the sharp broken bottles while blood flowed from their mouths down their faces and onto their shirts and the narrator said, "Because he had smoked Marijuana, Johnny did not know he was swallowing broken glass." Surprised

In another film a guy on duty in the Navy does LSD and the blips on his computer screen turned into a monster and chased him screaming around the ship. They actually had an animated monster in that one. Naturally, he ends up incurably insane.

Very few things I ever saw made me as curious about what drugs actually did as those films. I figured if they told lies like that to keep us away, whatever it was must be pretty good. Very happy
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

«PREV23456NEXT»