We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Mythbusters: Urban psychedelic legends Options

SaintSpader
#21 Posted : 7/12/2009 6:02:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know after I did acid (about three weeks ago) that when I cracked my back one night, I started seeing mild hallcenogenics. Such as my phone changing colors (screen) and balls of green/yellow.

Only happened twice.

All posts are fictional stories made up in complete insanity. None of this is true, nor is it meant to be taken as true. If you believe anything I say, write, post, upload, or describe...you are a fool. If any of the stories I post make sense, it is simply a coincidence.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#22 Posted : 7/12/2009 6:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, but what about people who see that type of thing that have never used LSD?

What about people who see flying saucers and aliens visit them who’ve never used LSD?

What about people who see ghosts and talk to dead people who’ve never used LSD?

The brain can do a lot of strange things without the use of LSD.

I just don’t believe LSD causes these things. I think some people just don’t have all their marbles and LSD just makes it more obvious.

SWIM has used LSD thousands of times and never once had any weird things like that ever happen to him. Not once. Nor have any of his friends.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

WSaged
#23 Posted : 7/12/2009 6:34:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed 69ron!

I have twisted my neck too far, felt a sharp pain & saw mild, colorful hallucinations.
This has happened long before & also after taking LSD countless number of times!!

I never felt any connection between the two!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

69ron
#24 Posted : 7/12/2009 6:44:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know what I'm saying sounds insulting, but I'm not trying to sound that way. I think the brain is fully capable of doing these weird things on its own and doesn't need LSD to do it.

People see aliens and swear they really saw them.

People see ghosts and swear they really saw them.

Again, these are people that haven’t used any psychedelics.

I’m sorry that I don’t believe it, but I don’t.

People can imagine all sorts of crap if they let their minds get out of control. Your mind is capable of created a completely non-existent reality without the use of drugs. We do this all the time. It’s called dreaming.

Anyway, these weird things are caused by the brain malfunctioning. That’s my view on it. If you’re going to take that as being insulting, then that’s your take on it. That’s my belief. The fact that all of these weird things associated with LSD and other psychedelics also happen to people who never use drugs is a very clear indication that these are things the brain is fully capable of on its own.

If you see crap that isn’t there and you’re not using drugs, you have a few marbles missing. Don’t blame the LSD. Get yourself checked out. People who never use drugs also see crap that isn’t there.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jumiem
#25 Posted : 7/12/2009 6:57:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw through my eyelids a few times, or so it seemed.
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

SaintSpader
#26 Posted : 7/12/2009 7:41:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I want to know how you found thousands of hits of acid =P

SWIMs have trouble finding one....

In fact, it took he 6 months to find my first hit...now hes working on 10 more.
All posts are fictional stories made up in complete insanity. None of this is true, nor is it meant to be taken as true. If you believe anything I say, write, post, upload, or describe...you are a fool. If any of the stories I post make sense, it is simply a coincidence.

Jumiem
#27 Posted : 7/12/2009 8:20:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Myth : You can die if you fall asleep on LSD.

Used to scare me and my friends awake all night back in the day.
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

Xstacy
#28 Posted : 7/12/2009 8:21:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe the brain can create these weird places because of DMT? I mean we dont know if pinial gland is doing it or not, but we do dream and much of it is like a really bad trip sometimes.(or a good trip if sex is involved) I think we do not know and the gland is a THEORY but that doesnt make it a myth, just an unproven theory. We dont go around saying String theory is a myth, we just cant prove it yet. Maybe thats the same with the DMT in our brains when we sleep?

Just a thought.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

idtravlr
#29 Posted : 7/12/2009 8:59:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ever since my first LSD trip I've been able to look at a surface (walls, floor, ceiling, couch cushion, etc.) and make it "breath", "roll" like a wave, and "pattern overlay" at will, and without the use of any ingested chemical assistance. It's possible that I or all of us have always had this ability, but I never would have noticed it if I hadn't had an LSD experience to relate it to. It's also possible that LSD unlocked something in my brain that allows me to see things in this way. I've spoken to others who have observed this phenomenon as well, so I know I'm not an isolated case.

I'm not making any claims about knowing the cause of this or if it's tied to drug use in any way, it's just something I have observed.

My guess it that others on this forum experience this as well. Yes? No?

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

MagikVenom
#30 Posted : 7/12/2009 9:21:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
LSD contains strychnine myth

What I find interesting about this myth is that SWIM knew someone who actually did mix strychnine with LSD and put it on blotters (the guy was eventually caught and was arrested). He heard about this myth and decided to try it out and found the combination to be quite nice.

How did this myth get started?

Also, the myth about peyote hairs containing strychnine, how did that get started?

Where did this strychnine link to psychedelics first manifest?

In small doses, strychnine is a very pleasant stimulant. It was once given to patients who were complaining of feeling lethargic. It’s still used for this purpose in some countries. Like LSD, it’s very potent and very cheap. Stimulants typically go well with most psychedelics.

I imagine that this myth, though 99% false, actually originated from an actual real case. Does anyone know about this?

The amount of strychnine required will not fit on Blotter or micro dot dum de dum case closed.........

Thats a bad myth J it seems your parents could have done a bit better job looking out for you. damn sorry about that man

69ron
#31 Posted : 7/12/2009 12:59:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:
The amount of strychnine required will not fit on Blotter or micro dot dum de dum case closed.........

No, 1 hit of acid can hold up to 3 mg of drug. All you need is 500 micrograms of strychnine to feel it, and even less so if its mixed with LSD.

SWIM has had hits of blotter containing strychnine before. He personally knew the guy who synthesized the LSD. He extracted the strychnine from Nux vomica. He diluted it to 250 micrograms of strychnine and 50 micrograms of LSD per hit.

Said acid was more visual, and more euphoric than normal LSD, but also dangerous. The strychnine increased the potency of the LSD. It’s a nice combination, but dangerous for people who like taking 10 or more hits of acid. Its more for people who like small doses of LSD.

Anyway, he did this BECAUSE he heard about it being done before. This was after the rumor of strychnine being added to LSD was already popular.

He was arrested a few years after that. SWIM doesn’t know him anymore. He hasn’t seen him in over 15 years.

69ron
#32 Posted : 7/12/2009 1:12:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SaintSpader wrote:
I want to know how you found thousands of hits of acid =P

SWIMs have trouble finding one....

In fact, it took he 6 months to find my first hit...now hes working on 10 more.

SWIM stopped using acid many years ago. He used to buy sheets of acid all the time. He used acid about 2-3 times a week for many years, sometimes as much as 3 times a day (tolerance would build up so he’d double and quadruple the dose to get it to work). Each sheet contained 100 hits. In SWIM’s years he’s had over 30 different sheets of acid. That’s over 3000 hits. Some was so potent that 1/4 of a hit was strong enough to produce very decent visuals. Others required a few hits for that. SWIM is not really sure how many doses he’s used over the years, probably over 2000 times.

SWIM has not suffered any negative effects from it at all. In fact, SWIM is one of the best software engineers at his company and gets raises and bonuses all the time. If anything, the massive LSD used in SWIM’s past has made him more intelligent.

69ron
#33 Posted : 7/12/2009 2:34:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Myth: LSD blotters are so tiny that only LSD is strong enough to be active on a blotter.

This is not true. There are countless substances that can fit on blotter at active doses. A good sized blotter can hold up to 3 mg of drug.

Hyoscyamine, scopolamine, and atropine are psychoactive substances which are active starting at doses of 100 micrograms. The maximum safe dose of hyoscyamine and scopolamine is 1500 micrograms, or 1.5 mg. That amount can easily fit on nearly all blotter paper.

Strychnine is active at 500-1000 micrograms and up. An effective light stimulant dose of strychnine can fit on blotter paper.

DOB (4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine) is potent enough to be active on blotter paper. This is a potent and long lasting hallucinogen. There is proof of this being on blotter paper on the DEA web site.

Nicotine is also active at 300 micrograms and can fit on blotter paper. Nicotine goes quite nicely with most psychedelics. Shamans commonly use nicotine containing plants with ayahuasca and other similar psychedelics.

Those are just some examples. There are a lot more, and some interesting ones that have recently been created in the lab such as Bromo-Dragonfly which is active at 500 micrograms. This is a potent hallucinogen. There is proof of Bromo-Dragonfly being on blotter paper on the DEA web site.

SWIM has had DOB on blotter, unknown psychedelics on blotter, real LSD on blotter, LSD mixed with hyoscyamine, LSD mixed with strychnine (SWIM saw the guy MAKE IT and put the strychnine in it, no bullshit), LSD mixed with all sorts of other unknown crap, and of course blotter with nothing at all on it. LSD chemists get bored of the same old same old and start mixing other stuff with the LSD to liven things up a little. Most of the LSD that is cut with other stuff is often better than pure LSD is. SWIM likes the LSD with the hyoscyamine (unless too much hyoscyamine is added). That's the kind that makes your face red and your pupils super dilated, and can make it difficult to urinate if too much is added. SWIM's favorite mix (I can hear people chuckling in disbelief about this one) is LSD with strychnine. Yea, it's that good, but it's dangerous. It can cause convulsions in some people. And 10-15 hits could kill you. The LSD with the hyoscyamine is also dangerous. 20-30 hits could kill you. The worst blotter was blotter that contained DOB. SWIM hated it! That crap lasted 3 whole days!

The main reason SWIM stopped using LSD was because it was getting harder and harder to get real LSD. Eventually about 90% of the acid didn't even have LSD on it. Usually it was something similar to DOB. Yuck.

polytrip
#34 Posted : 7/12/2009 3:32:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
69ron wrote:
MagikVenom wrote:

No, 1 hit of acid can hold up to 3 mg of drug. All you need is 500 micrograms of strychnine to feel it, and even less so if its mixed with LSD.

SWIM has had hits of blotter containing strychnine before. He personally knew the guy who synthesized the LSD. He extracted the strychnine from Nux vomica. He diluted it to 250 micrograms of strychnine and 50 micrograms of LSD per hit.

Said acid was more visual, and more euphoric than normal LSD, but also dangerous. The strychnine increased the potency of the LSD. It’s a nice combination, but dangerous for people who like taking 10 or more hits of acid. Its more for people who like small doses of LSD.

Anyway, he did this BECAUSE he heard about it being done before. This was after the rumor of strychnine being added to LSD was already popular.

He was arrested a few years after that. SWIM doesn’t know him anymore. He hasn’t seen him in over 15 years.

I once took nux-vomica with acid. It indeed increased the strength of the acid significantly and it was very nice.
It does work out very well. The only side effect during the trip was that i could not focus on any activity, that my memory and attention span where shortened. Someone brought me a cup of coffee and i said: "oh, that's nice of you". Then the person said: "well, you just asked for a cup of coffee", so then i went:"oh yeah, i remember now i did, you're right". This sort of things went on for the entire evening.
another thing that was quite remarkable, was that i managed to get some sleep at the end of the night, while acid usually keeps me awake for a long time.

WSaged
#35 Posted : 7/12/2009 5:17:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
There are a lot more, and some interesting ones that have recently been created in the lab such as Bromo-Dragonfly which is active at 500 micrograms. This is a potent hallucinogen. There is proof of Bromo-Dragonfly being on blotter paper on the DEA web site.

Can you tell us a bit more about what Bromo-Dragonfly is?
Sounds like one of those lame "smoking blends" that they sell at on-line headshops. (I'm guessing that's not the caseWink )
Or a new floor cleaner Laughing

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

polytrip
#36 Posted : 7/12/2009 5:39:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
warrensaged wrote:
69ron wrote:
There are a lot more, and some interesting ones that have recently been created in the lab such as Bromo-Dragonfly which is active at 500 micrograms. This is a potent hallucinogen. There is proof of Bromo-Dragonfly being on blotter paper on the DEA web site.

Can you tell us a bit more about what Bromo-Dragonfly is?
Sounds like one of those lame "smoking blends" that they sell at on-line headshops. (I'm guessing that's not the caseWink )
Or a new floor cleaner Laughing

WS

This is one of the many 'research chemical's' available. Like many of the DOx's it's long lasting and sometimes confused with/sold as LSD. There are a few known lethalities because of this. It is known to be a vasoconstrictor and in extreme amounts this can lead to amputations and gangrene.

69ron
#37 Posted : 7/12/2009 6:14:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's called Bromo-DragonFLY because the molecule looks like a dragon fly. Pretty cool actually.

Here's an image of the molecule:
69ron attached the following image(s):
200px-R-Bromo-DragonFLY_svg.png (7kb) downloaded 645 time(s).

MagikVenom
#38 Posted : 7/12/2009 7:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
MagikVenom wrote:

Thanks for the correction Ron. I am happy to admit I am wrong. I hope you kitties learn something. I got a nonsense headache from readinging this lately.

crakkbakk
#39 Posted : 7/15/2009 9:15:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I smoked a good bit of DMT for several days straight and then had an unrelated traumatic experience later. Every time I attempted to talk to my friends about the experience I started tripping, not a breakthrough but the body buzz was 100% and everything was psychedelic.

This was not unpleasant at all. If anything it helped me talk to people about it.

VisualDistortion
#40 Posted : 7/15/2009 9:42:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:

Never coming Back:

There is not a known single case of this ever occurring. In some susceptible individuals it may be possible that hallucinogens can precipiatate or make worse pre-existing pathologies. ALthough this is wishful thinking or anecdotal.

I actually have a friend who's Uncle did mescaline and by the end of the experience he was schizophrenic. Question is, how is it possible to know if the condition was completely the drug's fault or if his schizophrenia was a pre-pathology that was precipitated by mescaline.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

PREV1234NEXT»