We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
egg whites and ayahuasca Options

benzyme
#21 Posted : 11/6/2011 1:36:17 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

not if you know how to elute it. Wink
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Shaolin
#22 Posted : 11/6/2011 9:05:50 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Tona wrote:
Okay, I take back what I said earlier :-). While egg does the job, the carbon is really much better. So if you have both, use carbon. If you have only egg, use egg. By the way, powdered carbon is REALLY hard to filtrate, so I strongly recommend to try filtrate it at first with just water.

Can you elaborate a bit on "much better" ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

benzyme
#23 Posted : 11/6/2011 9:08:15 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

if egg white (albumin) worked better than AC, don't you think they'd be using it in laboratory applications and water purification systems? AC can withstand acidic or basic conditions, albumin will change its conformation.
the day I start using eggs in my extraction, is the day I start using "food-grade" chemicals Laughing (no way)

rofl @ column full of powdered albumin
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

PsilocybeChild
#24 Posted : 11/7/2011 2:58:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
not if you know how to elute it.

Care to be less vague?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

benzyme
#25 Posted : 11/7/2011 3:15:06 AM

analytical chemist

not vague at all, and i don't know how to spell it out any clearer...

if you understand how solvents systems work to separate and remove analytes from the stationary phase (activated carbon), you wouldn't need to worry about your desired analyte sticking to it. it's simple chemistry, and the applied art of separation science.

eggs are for cooking, eating, and culturing influenza-A viruses (for vaccines). and vandalism.
if you want to add egg (yuck) to your aya, and use so-called "food-grade" solvents, by all means, knock yourself out. just know that there are much more effective means of doing the same thing.

Tona
#26 Posted : 11/7/2011 10:26:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
if egg white (albumin) worked better than AC, don't you think they'd be using it in laboratory applications and water purification systems? AC can withstand acidic or basic conditions, albumin will change its conformation.

I never said egg white work better than AC. Actually I read your post and tried by myself. In my second post I admitted that it actually worked better for me. For those who wonder how did I use it: I used separatory funnel with cotton on bottom and than filled it with some tablet AC. Also, for those who wonder if DMT can be trapped in AC: nope. AC traps only large molecules. But you might want to add some water when you are finished, to get all brew that is stuck on sides and on AC.

There is some info about tannins on wiki:

Quote:

Tannins are a mixture of large and medium size molecules. Carbons with a combination of macropores and mesopores adsorb tannins. The ability of a carbon to adsorb tannins is reported in parts per million concentration (range 200 ppm–362 ppm).

Quote:
the day I start using eggs in my extraction, is the day I start using "food-grade" chemicals (no way)

rofl @ column full of powdered albumin

I am not suggesting anything to you. You are obviously experienced chemist. I just wanted to share my experience with other laymens. I dont see how columns are relevant to this. Egg works, even in acidic conditions (mine was ph=4,2). I am gonna repeat myself, but okay.. AC is better, but egg is sufficient enough to eliminate nausea and purge (with reasonable dosages).

Tona
#27 Posted : 11/7/2011 10:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
Tona wrote:
Okay, I take back what I said earlier :-). While egg does the job, the carbon is really much better. So if you have both, use carbon. If you have only egg, use egg. By the way, powdered carbon is REALLY hard to filtrate, so I strongly recommend to try filtrate it at first with just water.

Can you elaborate a bit on "much better" ?

"much better" Yeah, it was kinda exaggerated. Both worked same as far as I can tell. But the thing is, I cant tell exactly. Both were very clear.

PREV12