We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
favorite freeze preciptation container Options

Baffald
#1 Posted : 7/9/2009 3:44:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

itwoodbnice
#2 Posted : 7/9/2009 4:36:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

http://www.walmart.com/c...t.do?product_id=10258694

These baking dishes are great for my friend. They have lids that i poked 2 holes in to allow slow evap and hopefully bigger crystals. Also they are easy to scrape off.
Anything posted is for entertainment only and should not be taken seriously.

Baffald
#3 Posted : 7/9/2009 5:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use a long thin flexible non-serated steak knife. I most of the issue when you get down to the left overs is static electricity and the clinging of the spice to the sides. Once scraped I just re-use the jars and freeze again. I bought a case of those smaller half pint jars are my Acme suppermarket for like $10 which is cheaper than I have found on the net.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 7/9/2009 5:29:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I use commercial sauce jars Smile Some aren't as air-tight as others so I always use pressure tests by filling with water and heating then shaking. If it doesn't leak then it's all good.

I've also stopped scraping out jars and started washing them out with acetone which I store collectively and carefully until all pulls are done, then add a little naphtha and let it all evap slowly for easily gatherable crystals.

I got sick of squashing crystals into an uncollectable mush, but there is a greater risk of oxidation this way.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 7/9/2009 5:55:10 PM

The Great Namah

Mason jar.

No spilling, no steaks that smell like naphtha, no mess.

Easy to get naphtha out, easy to dry xtals, easy to remove xtals.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 7/9/2009 6:56:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

just use a table knife...never had any problems scooping the goods out
it's a sound

Seven
#7 Posted : 7/9/2009 8:03:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim uses the wide mouth mason jars, and recovers the spice with a mini spatula.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

droplet
#8 Posted : 7/9/2009 8:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a good xacto knife kit is all you need if your dont have small hands...

a good X217 blade is all you needon the end of the stylus...

blade types

DoingKermit
#9 Posted : 7/9/2009 9:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fiashly wrote:
What do you use for freeze precipitations? Obviously glass is best, thick glass seems to work better than thin glass because it holds the cold while you pour off the solvent without getting overly-heated by your hands. Something with a cover too.

I have found some glasses that would be ideal in terms of shape but they don't have lids. I have heard it suggested that you should pour off the solvent and then pop the container back in the freezer upside down for an hour or two to dry out the crystals but if you just used plastic wrap as your lid that isn't really a possibility.

I have used drinking or measuring glasses with improvised lids (where I did not turn it upside down in the freezer for the final drying, I left it out and it melted and then I evaped it, which was not ideal) and I have used small pyrex baking dishes with lids (that I did leave upside down in the freezer to finish drying) that worked out better.

So what do you use?

I sometimes use my glass measuring cup cuz the mouth is nice and wide... and it has a spout to pour out naphtha (not that it makes much difference). you say you can't put it back in freezer upside down cuz you don't have a lid. I just put paper towels down under the overturned measuring cup and leave it in the fridge a few hours and the naphtha gets absorbed into the paper towel leaving no stinky solvent smell behind.

I do however have the best freezer ever, as it has 6 different drawers. 4 have food in them and 2 are empty. So even if i get naphtha all over the place, i don't get it all over my food Smile

soulman
#10 Posted : 7/9/2009 10:30:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim uses the lid from one of these

http://www.debenhams.com...01_10001_19017_220923_-1

Nice and shallow so most/all of the cystals collect on the base
You have to go within or you go without

benzyme
#11 Posted : 7/9/2009 10:50:52 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

soulman
#12 Posted : 7/9/2009 10:58:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

???????

How does SWIY get the crystals off that form on the sides?
You have to go within or you go without

benzyme
#13 Posted : 7/13/2009 11:55:48 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

soulman wrote:
benzyme wrote:

???????

How does SWIY get the crystals off that form on the sides?

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck