We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro Cactus - Masking the taste Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 7/9/2009 11:19:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ha...there isnt much that could possibly mask the taste...its so strong tasting...all adding anything to it will do is make you hate it more...brown sugar will just make it sweet..but still EXTREMELY bitter...best thing you can do is have some OJ or apple cider in another cup to chase it with..but let me tell you ....pedro juice is the nastiest thing you could possibly ever try to drink
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kannamate
#2 Posted : 7/9/2009 11:42:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some stevia could be an option with a chaser though definitely.

Infinite I
#3 Posted : 7/11/2009 10:45:59 PM

JC

You could put it in yoghurt. Swim would put a little bit in at a time then cover it and swallow, rather than just mixing it all in, it helped mask it then he would take a drink of water after each spoonfull, or you could powder it and put it in capsules.

Does anyone know if you took a load of capsules would they all burst in your stomach, someone told me you can only take so many at a time because they wont open up, im sure it was 6 he said, I dont know if this is true, but it would be cool with cactus.

antichode
#4 Posted : 7/12/2009 12:07:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux's cactus jelly tek on this forum looked like the best way to eat if after its been frozen

pinche
#5 Posted : 7/12/2009 12:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont think you could ever mask the taste.But i used to suck on a Blow Pop right after taking a shot of cactus juice and it helped a lot with after taste.But you still have to drink the cactus snot and its aweful.Ayahuasca is like chocolate milk compared.

I tried putting the dried powder in caps a few times and got mild effects at best.For 18 inches of cactus its like 30 or 40 caps.I dont think this method is worth it.I would go with an extraction.Try 69ron's d-lemonene tek.

fractal rider
#6 Posted : 7/12/2009 7:29:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim always takes the tea and chew on some lemon for getting rid of the tast6e it is very usefull lemons
om namah shivaya

Partyinacan
#7 Posted : 7/14/2009 6:07:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found using lemon/lime juice to increase the sour taste helps cut the bitterness a little. Lemon-lime soda helps too. Definitely use a chaser between chugs. But yeah its awful stuff no matter what and makes me gag just thinking about it. The d-lemonene tek is a much better option. Consuming a dose the size of a pea is much better for body AND mind! Laughing
All words appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real events, persons, thoughts, or activities is purely coincidental. All postings made by Partyinacan should be considered lies or fiction since he has no idea what's going on or where he is right now.

SanMan
#8 Posted : 7/15/2009 6:08:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just put on that Fear Factor face and don't stop to savor the flavor. Just down it and don't look back!

Make Joe Rogan proud.Laughing

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 7/15/2009 7:12:13 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yeah try fight bitterness with sourness - and bite into a red onion after each gulp - it clears the palette nicely.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

'Coatl
#10 Posted : 9/23/2009 4:22:37 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I've come to just accept that it's impossible to make this shit taste any better Smile
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb