We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Detailed extraction and problems. Need help Options

revistillagossard
#1 Posted : 7/9/2009 4:30:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello! First of all, i wanna say im very proud to be able to join this beautiful community and make my first post.

I hope the news were as good tough, but nothing close...hehe.

A friend of a friend tried to make a dmt extraction using Vovin´s Tek but the naphta is in the freezer now and nothing is visible yet (4 hours had passed since the extraction)

FOAF made some mistakes wich lead to not follow the procedure very well, heres the full story:

he used 110g of Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark (verified quality) for this batch, becouse it was his first time and didnt took a lot of care in loosing some alkaloids, just make sure he could get some spice.

300 Ml of ph 4 HCL and warm distilled water solution where added to the bark and stirred for 20 minutes, then let it sit inside a hot water bath for 10 minutes, then stirred again 10 minutes and then let sit for another 10 minutes. The final pH of the solution was 4.5-5. Then he filtered it trough cotton and funnel.
This was made 2 times and the final juice was placed into the fridge.
He made a third acidic extraction which lasted 14 hours inside a hot bath and with a little bit more acid water (3.6).

After the 14 hours, the first 2 extraction where taken out of the fridge (FIRST DOUBT OF BIG MISTAKE!, FOAF previously put his mini-fridge to the max and the 2 first extractions got frozen!!). He then let it melt again into liquid to room temperature and heated to somewhere around 45 degrees, and filtered it again this time trough paper filters.
He filtered it a couple of times until he got a burgundy-red liquid which he could see trough (with some light). he also mixed it with the 3rd extraction that took 14 hours and never got frozen...he filtered it trough cotton and then trough paper also, and then mixed to the first 2 extractions that got frozen, unfrozen and then filtered.

He then made a defating, HERES MY SECOND BIG DOUBT he used the new Zippo lighter fluid which reads in the label "Synthetic isoparaffinic hydrocarbon". He was unable to get any VMP Naptha or any other lighter fluid.
The contents separated very nicely and the solvent layer was discarded.

Then he basified the solution using a mixture of lye and warm distilled water adjusted to pH 12.5, at the begining he had 500 ml of dark purple-red liquid, at the end, he doubled the ammount of liquid to 1100 ml of ph 12 basified solution, which turned in a very dark-black color passing trough all the gray/white colors.

He then made 3 extractions each one with 70 ml of this new Zippo lighter fluid. He placed it in a bath of hot water so the solvent was warm to the touch. He added it to the extrac. He then stirred it turning it upside-down for a period of 10 minutes. Placing it under the sink with hot running water from time to time. Then he let it sit in hot water.
In just 5-10 minutes the 2 layers had become DISTINCTLY clearly separated, with a very thin line in the middle which was a little bit more gooish aspect. The solvent cleared totally and it was collected then.

6 Hours had passed since the solvent was collected and the solvent in the freezer doesnt look transparent at all, after 40 minutes in the freezer the solvent became very blurry/cludy. Im sure is the solvent that has changed becouse i already cleaned it from the outside and i can see it very cloudy, but no crystals or anything resembling DMT yet.

My friend got very very scared becouse after doing these extractions, he remembered he had stored the paper filters that had collected the slimy matter in the bottom of the jar that got frozen (the one with the firs 2 acidic extractions) and he checked them again, now they were almost dry, and instead of powder it was a red-black goo with a very crystaline layer on the top. Since hes a very curious person he smelled it and burned some down to check the smell.

SURPRISE! my friend has tried dmt a couple of times before and recognizes inmediatly this discnstinct smell like burning tire/synthetic stuff, and this thing DEFINETIVELY smells like that stuff he has tried, when burning it or just by smelling it.

He evaporated some of the solvent to see if any crystals formed, with no luck, nothing, nada.

What was wrong? is this new synthetic solvent bulls9it? Did he made a big mistake by letting the acidic extraction to freeze? Does this black goo, which he got from fridge-decanting the first 2 acidic solutions could have all the DMT inside? Whats the best way for extracting the dmt from this goo then? if its not filtering it with paper?.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and pariente, and knowledge....he still haves all his hopes inside that solvent jar which is at -4 degrees celcius in the freezer...With very cloudy aspect.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

revistillagossard
#2 Posted : 7/9/2009 2:46:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just and update.

My friend took the solvent out of the freezer after 14 hours and NO CRYSTALS WERE FOUND.

He forgot to mention that when he basified, he splitted his liquid in 2 and he still haves 500 ml of ph 8.0 liquid waiting to get final basification and extraction...this if there is a chance of any alkaloids to be in there.

He analized the black/red goo he got from his fridge decanting, its now totally dry and looks like blak crystals mixed with some mimosa root bark, and it REALLY smells like dmt... he is very tempted to re-disolve this goo in warm acidified water, filter it, basify it and try to extract....could this be an option?.

Another question. Can he use the solvent he putted on the freezer to try this extraction? and maybe even use it again to try an extraction from the remaining 500 ml? If so, could this over-saturate the solvent in order to help freeze precip?

Or should he change solvent before trying anything else?

Thanks a lot and help is needed a lil soon! hehe Very happy

PD: The solvent layer when first collected from extraction was quite clear, then put in the freezer and it turned quite white-cloudy (cant even see-trough), then now its going back to roo temperature and its going clearer, but still stays cloudy.

At some points there is a visible milky-stuff inside the solvent that is not totally dissolved in it.
Could this be the spice?

HEEEELP

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 7/9/2009 3:02:40 PM

The Great Namah

I wouldn't use lighter fluid to save my life man.

Use VM&P Naphtha, found in most hardware stores. Also white spirits have been used with some success.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

revistillagossard
#4 Posted : 7/9/2009 3:04:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The problem is that i live in a country where naphta is very controlled and impossible to get puren since the petroleum companys are owned by the goverment, not by private enterprise. So its very difficult to get VM P. I heard lighter fluid will do the trick if u use freeze-precip and do washes.

Annyways, taking aside the health risk from the solvent....should it extract and work?

Another thing...i never boiled my root bark...i just got it hot around 40/50 degrees celcius. Is this a mistake?