We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSA extraction advice Options

Pile of cats
#1 Posted : 6/12/2014 2:48:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got around 1000 HBWR seeds and I'd like to go for a visionary experience on them like Kash talks about in his tek but the problem is that in the country I live in the govournment are taking more and more chemicals off of shelves supposedly because of people using them for extractions and even explosives (right..) Toluene, Xylene, iso alcohol seem to be impossible to get hold of unless they're in mixtures. Would defatting with naptha and pulling with Acetone yield a pure enough product so that I could aim for a visionary experience without too much nausea and vasoconstriction? I already have somewhat bad circulation to my hands and feet so this is definitely something I'd like to avoid. Is there another tek I could use which would yield a purer product?

Is anyone aware of what actives there are in peppermint essential oils that could be responsible for potentiating LSA?

Thanks for any help Wink

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

lifebinder
#2 Posted : 6/12/2014 4:18:40 PM

Ethnobotanical Chemistry Initiate

Can you acquire dichloromethane or chloroform those two organic solvents will do the job as substitutes for Toulene or Xylene.Naphtha should do well but I would not recommend it. Smile

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 6/12/2014 6:07:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash speaks of other methods as well. If you already have bad circulation, you have been cautioned. Peppermint oil is theorized as potentiating acetylation specifically. This then also probably potentiates LSA. It is the acetylated action of peppermint supposedly allowing a more cleaner, richer, colorful and spiritual experience. Mint could be one of the missing links to Kykeon. Start low to avoid any negative vaso effects. Cannabis is good for altering any nausea-related effects and intensifying the experience something-fold.

Quote:
Would defatting with naptha and pulling with Acetone yield a pure enough product so that I could aim for a visionary experience without too much nausea and vasoconstriction?

If correctly done it's possible but crude. You may want to follow up with further steps.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=43058&p=2

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Entheogenerator
#4 Posted : 6/12/2014 9:38:05 PM

Homo discens

It might be worth mentioning that although pure LSA is reported to cause less vasoconstriction than full-spectrum extracts of HBWR to some degree, LSA is still a vasoconstrictor in and of itself. I might suggest keeping a vasodilator like theobromine, ethanol, or cannabis on hand if you decide to proceed.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

IANS
#5 Posted : 6/12/2014 9:43:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This might not be up to par with other tek's, but its easy and without any nausea, and without any notable vasoconstriction. I would guess you could sub everclear (151 proof grain alcohol).

1: Powder baby hawaiian woodrose seeds.
2: Soak in naphtha 2+ days.
3: Filter and discard naphtha, rinse with clean naphtha.
4: With seed matter completely dry, re-powder if necessary (the finer the better).
5: Soak in %91 isopropyl alcohol for 2 days (should do 2nd pull).
6: Filter alcohol and evaporate.
I Am Not Someone Who Isn't Me!

lifebinder
#6 Posted : 6/12/2014 9:46:58 PM

IANS wrote:
This might not be up to par with other tek's, but its easy and without any nausea, and without any notables vasoconstriction. I would guess you could sub everclear (151 proof grain alcohol).

1: Powder baby hawaiian woodrose seeds.
2: Soak in naphtha 2+ days.
3: Filter and discard naphtha, rinse with clean naphtha.
4: With seed matter completely dry, re-powder if necessary (the finer the better).
5: Soak in %91 isopropyl alcohol for 2 days (should do 2nd pull).
6: Filter alcohol and evaporate.

The problem with this tek is that you lose a moderate amount of LSA.SWIM finished trying this tek a year ago because Kash's topped in every aspect except maybe the materials you need to invest in.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 6/13/2014 5:55:26 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Its the acetylated action of peppermint supposedly allowing a more cleaner, richer, colorful and spiritual experience.

Wut?
what?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Pile of cats
#8 Posted : 6/13/2014 8:33:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm going to strive after being able to follow Kash's tek which was my thought when I bought the seeds but the country I live in is completely ridiculous with these kinds of things. I tried to obtain rubbing alcohol for sterilizing for mushroom cultivation from a pharmacy the otherday and they don't even have it and I looked into it and It too has been taken off the shelves because of how flammable it is. dichloromethane and chloroform I'm guessing are also off the list but I will look into them. High proof alcohol is also very difficult to obtain. I think the highest is an 80% abv rum which I have to make a special order on.

When I do get around to dosing the lsa I'll make sure to combat the vasoconstriction the best I can and I'll have cannabis on hand.

lifebinder
#9 Posted : 6/13/2014 12:06:13 PM

Pile of cats wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm going to strive after being able to follow Kash's tek which was my thought when I bought the seeds but the country I live in is completely ridiculous with these kinds of things. I tried to obtain rubbing alcohol for sterilizing for mushroom cultivation from a pharmacy the otherday and they don't even have it and I looked into it and It too has been taken off the shelves because of how flammable it is. dichloromethane and chloroform I'm guessing are also off the list but I will look into them. High proof alcohol is also very difficult to obtain. I think the highest is an 80% abv rum which I have to make a special order on.

When I do get around to dosing the lsa I'll make sure to combat the vasoconstriction the best I can and I'll have cannabis on hand.

I feel you man but believe me you will not be disappointed by Kash's method Smile ,on the topic of chloroform you can do it yourself with bleach and acetone(you should have access atleast to that Sad )and some distillation will be required after the reaction . And another thing ,can't you order some chemicals (such as IPA,non-polar solvents etc.)from the internet ?

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 6/13/2014 3:30:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
Cognitive Heart wrote:
Its the acetylated action of peppermint supposedly allowing a more cleaner, richer, colorful and spiritual experience.

Wut?
what?

Is that incorrect? From what I've gathered on the forum, peppermint potentiates LSA when combined? A few users speak of their experiences being stronger from doing this specifically.

What are your thoughts, benzyme?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

benzyme
#11 Posted : 6/13/2014 4:03:20 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

acetylation would be adding an acetyl group to one of the amine/amide groups, but peppermint oil has no acetyl group to donate. what some people claim is that peppermint oil contains acetaldehyde, and although it may contain trace amounts, it is not added to LSA's amide group under the conditions that said people propose.

doing a quick search, I stumbled upon this thread

I don't know specifically what the author's approach was (those proposed structures look highly dubious, actually...each amine group has a very different pKa), but the starting compound would need to be protonated (acid added) to do any sort of conversion.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

lifebinder
#12 Posted : 6/13/2014 4:43:55 PM

benzyme wrote:

doing a quick search, I stumbled upon this thread

This definitely seems interesting ,if any of you manage to do a successful attempt into converting it ,I might give it a try. LSA is my favorite of the psychedelic family so far Smile

Cognitive Heart
#13 Posted : 6/13/2014 6:14:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, benzyme! Cleared a lot up there.

Thumbs up