We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pulling with limonene confusion? Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 6/7/2014 1:05:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was planning on using limonene to pull on next extract but I'm rather confused. I read all the teks and noticed they all say to add the limonene right after the lye. Then let it sit for sale few hours before pulling.

Is.it OK to just follow any tek and then when pulling just do so as you would with naphtha or is it necessary to add the limonene right after the lye an.let it sit together?

I normally add lye, let it sit for quite a few hours although I plan on letting it soak overnight next time, and the pull by adding naphtha shaking, let it separate in a few minutes and the pull it off.

Can I do this same process substituting the naphtha with limonene or does the limonene need to soak for hiurs with the lye In order for The DMT to bind with it.

Also will salt mess up limonene?, I read in a thread it can interfere.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 6/7/2014 1:17:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can use it in the same manner of naptha but only to a certain extent.

Reports say dmt is very soluble in limonene however so are many 'oils' etc, this is no problem as when using limonene you dont freeze precip or evaporate you separate the limo and mix with FASW or FASI or FASA or any pH4 acidic solution to isolate the alkaloids and purify the extract.

Al-Wasi
#3 Posted : 6/7/2014 1:36:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. Now do any of the NASA Nasi Nasw have any advantaged or disadvantages? I was planning on using NASI as I plan to get DMT fumarate and then freebase it.

As I stated before I heard salt can interfere with limonen and mess with solubility. Does anyone know if this is accurate as I plan on following Cybs tek and pulling with limo instead of naphtha.

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

DreaMTripper
#4 Posted : 6/7/2014 1:49:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salts fine with limo , you can use limo in cybs tek and then FASW after. Naptha cant be used as a solvent in FASI or FASA but can be washed repeatedly with FASW to get fumarates.
Amorfati (legend!) had an interesting idea that you could FASW then make a paste with sodium carb, dry it and extract using heptane with an eye dropper so you could go straight to freeze precip with.minimal solvent.
The anhydrous acetone or IPA paste and pull is equally effective.

Al-Wasi
#5 Posted : 6/7/2014 2:24:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you say FASW? I was planning on pulling with limo and then FASI as in blab and then freebasing the salt

This will work right. My main thing is avoiding use of naphtha.

DreaMTripper
#6 Posted : 6/7/2014 2:45:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats fine then , just make sure its anhydrous.
Its late and Im tired and a bit stoned and read your NASA sentence as a question meaning using naptha and fumaric acid..
As for differences between FASW and FASA/FASI there is plenty of threads discussing it.