We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
poor yields with mhrb Options

itwoodbnice
#1 Posted : 7/8/2009 4:10:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

First i would like to say hello to everyone. I have just joined the forum and have been lurking for about a month. Excited about being here and hoping to learn a lot.

My dog has been performing his first extraction and so far so good. She has been using the straight to base method and has been seeing results. Nice white crystals after recrystalization.

She has been seeing some problems though. After 3 pulls from 500g total yields are just over 2g. I know that others are getting almost much more from their extractions and she was wondering if anyone knows if she could be doing anything wrong. I would like to point out that this is her first extraction. She had problems with her napatha disappearing but that was solved with adding more NaOH. Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.

Also I would also like to say that durring recrystalization a large percentage is being lost. I have read that you will see a 10% loss but she is looking at like 40%. After 1g was desolved into 30ml of napatha it yielded .6g. precipitation period took a toal of 2 days. Any help would be appriceated.
Anything posted is for entertainment only and should not be taken seriously.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 7/8/2009 5:41:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

How long was your bark soaking before you pulled it? Sometimes I leave my bark solution sitting out back and then pull again in maybe a week or 2 and have made up for many low yields this way.

Anyway I'll outline quickly how I do an STB.

1.Add water to vessel.
2.Slowly add NaOH until it is fully disolved
3.Slowly add bark, shaking every now and then to make sure it doesn't dry clump together.
4.Shake the living shit out of it, then leave for an hour or 2. If there are too many bubbles on the add more NaOH then shake all again as before and leave for as long as you care to. I'd say 24 hours minimum. Some use a little heat to speed things along, but patience is far superior.

I try to leave for 2-3 days after which you should have a pretty smooth looking liquid with very few bubbles, if any.
5.Add desired amount of solvent and roll very gently until you get bored. If rolled gently enough the solvent won't get too into the solution but the DMT should pretty much jump into it if you left it to soak long enough. Solvent 'loss' is more likely to occur the more erratically you shake it.

After this it's all about seperating, freezing and repeating which shouldn't cause much loss. Only thing I'd say is don't use a coffee filter to seperate DMT from solvent, but decant the solvent off carefully and leave the crystals to dry in the freezing vessel.

If you are doing this all to perfection then you should probably consider a change of supplier (use the supplier section of this site) or to pull oxidsed DMT from old bark refer to jorkests D-limonene and fumaric acid approach. I have use it on "exhausted bark" and increased my yield by as much as 80%.

Also can you go into more detail on how you were recrystalising?

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 7/8/2009 6:02:24 PM

The Great Namah

Keep doing naphtha pulls, you will be suprised at how much is still in there. I've left naphtha sit in a jug I thought was out of spice for a few weeks, only to come back and find that I pulled another 700mgs from it!!!

Also, after a recrystalization evap all of the remaining naphtha/heptane, you'd be suprised at what's left in there as well.

THROW NOTHING AWAY! Not even the yellow crap that comes out of a recrystalization, there's plenty of spice in there as well.

Best of luck. You WILL get better with each extraction.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

itwoodbnice
#4 Posted : 7/8/2009 6:16:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

during recrystalization she desolves 1g into 30ml of napatha in a shot glass. It sits for about 3 hours and then is again pulled and put in a baking dish leaving the yellow oils at the bottom. left out for 1day and then into the frige for about 12 hours. Then in to the freezer.

the leftover spice in the shot glass looks like it is about 50mg worth after it is completely dried so i know that the majority of the spice is transfered into the baking dish.

itwoodbnice
#5 Posted : 7/10/2009 2:40:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well i took some advice from a member on here and added 2 tablespoons of lye to my soup and the next pull yielded about 1.5g... I guess that the ph decreases over time and more NaOH is needed to keep the ph up to around 13. My pulls are still coming in and i have totaled about 4.5g so far!

Thanks for the help.