We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
visual & artwork thread enigmaticus Options

Pebble on the Beach
#1 Posted : 7/8/2009 1:06:15 AM

C r a c k B l i p T o o t T o o t ! ! !

like i said in the enigmaticus thread.

Here you can upload drawings, doodles, color schemes, paintings and photos of specially dressed dishes that are your reminisence of hyperspace.

This way we can accumulate visual data for inspiration or implementation in the project
"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
and
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
Bertrand Russell

All things are possible, everything is permissable

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 7/8/2009 1:11:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

here are some images i mess with...not sure where it fits but it might strike somebody
Jorkest attached the following image(s):
fire.png (205kb) downloaded 1,371 time(s).
face1.jpg (29kb) downloaded 1,363 time(s).
face2.jpg (42kb) downloaded 1,360 time(s).
face3.jpg (43kb) downloaded 1,361 time(s).
face4.jpg (23kb) downloaded 1,354 time(s).
face5.jpg (21kb) downloaded 1,351 time(s).
it's a sound

Pebble on the Beach
#3 Posted : 7/8/2009 1:14:47 AM

nice one, keep em coming!
and
Bertrand Russell

۩
#4 Posted : 7/8/2009 2:09:26 AM

here are some things I've made . .
(heart beat, butter face, untitled)

۩ attached the following image(s):
06b7b08a-7d5f-42e4-9ae5-d8aac7186835.JPG (50kb) downloaded 1,348 time(s).
orbsycli_butterface.JPG (92kb) downloaded 1,354 time(s).
74ba739b-6895-4117-8e1a-f6474519206d.jpg (164kb) downloaded 1,348 time(s).

Ginkgo
#5 Posted : 7/8/2009 2:27:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely wonderful. I especially like the ones from Slidewinder. Keep them coming, brothers and sisters! Smile

Raven
#6 Posted : 7/8/2009 6:31:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what a wonderful thread! wd !!
I'm new at DMT-NEXUS. PM and introduce yourself.
One day I will do DMT. I await the day it picks me.
There is a link between DMT, Meditation and dream experiences.

Pebble on the Beach
#7 Posted : 7/8/2009 7:11:04 AM

Hey droplet,

I've taken the liberty of copying your drawing to this thread to add to pile

Great work BTW

and
Bertrand Russell

vegantoker
#8 Posted : 7/8/2009 3:27:17 PM

Matt

This is awesome! It would be fun if you guys tried using some of the Lexicon definitions as the
main subject. Then we will post the pictures everyone likes on the Wiki page for the term.

We have some really good artists here!

@ slidewinder: I especially like the second and third ones you posted. The third one looks like
the opening scene to a DMT video game or something Cool

Visit the Hyperspace Lexicon and contribute to the discussion. Help define the previously indiscribable!
Disclaimer: Everything I say about my actions is a lie. Just because I talk about this stuff online does not mean I really do it. I don't. Drugs are bad and I love Jesus too much to do drugs.

droplet
#9 Posted : 7/9/2009 7:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks pebble...

Pebble on the Beach
#10 Posted : 7/9/2009 8:12:04 PM

Come on people!
I just know there are more of you out there doodling away, so just chuk 'em here.
and
Bertrand Russell

WSaged
#11 Posted : 7/9/2009 8:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a cool site that uses a mathematical formula to make something similar to a fractile pattern.

Parity Flip

There are controls to the left side of the screen that allow you to control the speed, size & formulas that create the pattern.

I'm not sure how this could be incorporated into this idea, but it may bat least lead to more ideas if nothing else.

Enjoy, I've spent hours adjusting the pattern, trying to get it to more accurately resemble the constantly changing geometric shapes encountered with DMT.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

tryptographer
#12 Posted : 7/10/2009 9:42:01 PM

tryptamine photographer

Great initiative to put it all together in this thread, and already so many brilliant contributions!
Here are a few examples of 3d experiments - multiple internal reflections and a 'water bubble' inside a dodecahedron. I made some shaders to modify color depending on angle and distance, and soap bubble-like material. Might come in handy for 3d work for Enigmaticus (love that name!). It's even animateable.

Who knows the SHE launch tomorrow will inspire some of us!
Starting to get a little bit jittery...Laughing
tryptographer attached the following image(s):
restore04a1.jpg (300kb) downloaded 1,255 time(s).
restore5a1.jpg (194kb) downloaded 1,254 time(s).

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 7/10/2009 10:16:22 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

tryptographer wrote:
Great initiative to put it all together in this thread, and already so many brilliant contributions!
Here are a few examples of 3d experiments - multiple internal reflections and a 'water bubble' inside a dodecahedron. I made some shaders to modify color depending on angle and distance, and soap bubble-like material. Might come in handy for 3d work for Enigmaticus (love that name!). It's even animateable.

Who knows the SHE launch tomorrow will inspire some of us!
Starting to get a little bit jittery...Laughing

AWESOME! Really beautiful, I'm impressed. I think it's very usable for the Enigmaticus.

tryptographer
#14 Posted : 7/10/2009 10:41:17 PM

tryptamine photographer

OK thanks! I'm still digesting the whole Enigmaticus idea, it's a big chunk. Some reading up to do on Silverlight... I suppose it can handle AVI or quicktime animations?
Perhaps too bandwidth-heavy if too much animation is put into it, but I'll start working on an animation of that first pic anyway. I can animate everything with that software: the coloring of the shaders, the camera, the geometric shapes...

And I can start manual sketching and 3d modeling some kind of alien spaceship console with tentacles and many eyes - comes in handy any time Smile

DoingKermit
#15 Posted : 7/10/2009 10:58:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have loads of artwork to post up... just no scanner Sad

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 7/10/2009 11:00:45 PM

"No, seriously"

tryptographer wrote:
OK thanks! I'm still digesting the whole Enigmaticus idea, it's a big chunk. Some reading up to do on Silverlight... I suppose it can handle AVI or quicktime animations?
Perhaps too bandwidth-heavy if too much animation is put into it, but I'll start working on an animation of that first pic anyway. I can animate everything with that software: the coloring of the shaders, the camera, the geometric shapes...

And I can start manual sketching and 3d modeling some kind of alien spaceship console with tentacles and many eyes - comes in handy any time Smile

Next week I try Silverlight 3. That has VC1 and H.264 build in. *sweeet*

And love your idea about the spaceship console.

WSaged
#17 Posted : 7/10/2009 11:28:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

And love your idea about the spaceship console.

I don't have the talent to even show you what I mean, but the spaceship-console thing should be organic, like it is a being of some kind itself.
Maybe instead of a smooth metal or plastic-like texture, it could be scaly or cellular in structure & moving a bit every now & then..."getting comfortable again", like a sleeping cat does.

Also, I'm no artist, but I can get any sound files submitted, up to par & make sure they are all going to be at the appropriate loudness level for whatever they are to be paired with visually. Also I can edit them to loop perfectly once loaded in.
If you want me to do this, 24bit WAV files with NO CLIPPING are what you should give me, to keep the quality legit & equal among the sources!!
I'll take care of making the MP3's.
That way there won't be some sounds that are all jacked up & distorted & others that are pristine & great!

Traveler, is there a way to handle this without having to involve my Email?
Like an FTP or something I can go to, to download the tracks, then upload them again when their ready to go on into the Enigmaticus?

Cheers

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Traveler
#18 Posted : 7/10/2009 11:37:31 PM

"No, seriously"

warrensaged wrote:
Traveler, is there a way to handle this without having to involve my Email?
Like an FTP or something I can go to, to download the tracks, then upload them again when their ready to go on into the Enigmaticus?

I can create an FTP for that. This is planned for Sunday (together with the SVN server for sourcecode).

WSaged
#19 Posted : 7/10/2009 11:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool!

It would be best to do a bunch of them at once & have some kind of picture or small video of the artwork, to match them too esthetically.

I'm guessing a lot of it will be somewhat ambient, so the whole 24bit WAV file thing is important guys!!

The more dynamic a track is & the more ambiance there is in a track, the more it will distort if not properly reduced to a lower bit rate & especially if being converted to MP3 or other losey DATA-compression algo, in the end!!

Cheers!

WS

The Traveler
#20 Posted : 7/10/2009 11:55:02 PM

"No, seriously"

The current Enigmaticus has been updated and includes music already, you can check it out if you like. I already made a playlist of 5 songs you can listen to.

123NEXT»