We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Converting 5MEODmt HCl to freebase? Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 5/31/2014 1:15:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can someone explain or post a link to a conversion tek for converting HCl 5 Meo to freebase.

I've searched here and Google and can't seem to find it.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/31/2014 1:36:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The process should be equivalent for most substances.

You could for example mix with sodium carbonate and a bit of water, let it dry, pull with acetone or IPA or ethanol and evaporate it to yield your freebase 5-MeO-DMT

Pandora
#3 Posted : 5/31/2014 7:07:12 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hopefully benzyme will chime in on this thread. . . .

Awhile back he gave me an easy, at-home tek to do this and it worked nicely.

I cannot recall the details, but I seem to remember it was something like endlessness said, but that by the end toluene and ammonia were involved.

I recognize how ridiculously vague this is.

Hello, calling benzyme, . . . Sir benzye, you are being paged to the extractions courtesy phone . . .
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

benzyme
#4 Posted : 6/2/2014 7:27:15 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

dissolve salt in warm water, basify with dilute ammonia (pH 8 - 10), extract with a somewhat polar solvent(ethyl acetate, dcm, or chloroform). xylene would probably work too
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Pandora
#5 Posted : 6/2/2014 9:22:32 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

benzyme you parked in the white courtesy zone. I had to tow your Chemistry-mobile after 20 mins, Big grin . I wasn't bummed. Same thing happened awhile back with dreamer042 and I towed his Cactus-mobile. Now I have some sweet rides in my collection. Twisted Evil
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Synkromystic
#6 Posted : 4/17/2015 12:56:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is similar to how I finally base and clean my harmalas....

5 meo dmt hcl dissolved in water. In a separate container mix sodium carbonate with water. Add sodium carbonate water until freebase 5 meo precipates. Decant the liquid, and or filter the solids (if they are not too fine to be filtered). Wash with clean water.

The process has the added benefit of not using any solvents. Any experts care to comment?

Also, does anybody know the molecular weight of 5 meo dmt hcl vs. 5 meo dmt freebase? Just wondering what kind of weight it lost with the hcl.

Swarupa
#7 Posted : 4/17/2015 1:17:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this, great!

I was going to insufflate the HCL but i very much dislike noseburn, vaping some freebase is much more desirable for when i finally take the plunge with this one

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 4/17/2015 7:44:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Synkromystic wrote:
[...]
Also, does anybody know the molecular weight of 5 meo dmt hcl vs. 5 meo dmt freebase? Just wondering what kind of weight it lost with the hcl.

The wiki. Although I see there's no MW for the HCl, Just add 36.46 AMU.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

1ce
#9 Posted : 4/19/2015 11:35:15 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

I dunno weather to cry or report this to the useless thread department. Neutral

null24
#10 Posted : 4/20/2015 2:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Frankly, idk why? 5meo hcl is better than gold imo.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Swarupa
#11 Posted : 5/14/2015 7:10:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Frankly, idk why? 5meo hcl is better than gold imo.

Why's that? For sublingual use?

Dante
#12 Posted : 7/21/2015 2:01:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone who tried the teks posted above has any feedback? Endlessness one seems the easiest to perform. Thanks.
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard