We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HELP, QUICK!: Please stop with caps in titles and ´QUICK´ requests Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 5/27/2014 4:07:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These sort of thread titles are self-centered and don´t help the quality of the community. Nobody in the Nexus is gonna suddenly click the link faster just because you say it`s quick (in fact, it may make people NOT want to answer it). People will answer when they answer, and you just gotta be patient and accept that, whether its a minute after you post, a day, a week or never. Also, trying to call more attention to your own thread by using caps means you consider your thread more important than others.

All threads are born equal, nobody here has preference in being answered. Please use the thread title to describe the content of the thread, not how much in a hurry you are or the speed you want it to be answered. If you don´t describe what is inside the thread, it makes the thread only for you, which is a very selfish way to use the forum, since nobody in the future will be able to make use of the thread by searching relevant keywords.

If you don´t think your question deserves it´s own thread, use the extraction help thread, or go to the chat and ask.

The only exception to this rule is medical emergencies.

If this trend continues, we will start simply removing those threads regardless of content.

Please understand that whatever is posted in the forum is for the whole community, present and future, not for yourself only.

Thank you!

(and yes, I know I just did what I asked people not to do, just trying to prove the point Very happy )

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anrchy
#2 Posted : 5/27/2014 9:27:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You hypocrite!

Haha but yes this kind of thing gets old. The title should display the contents of the thread. It would be even more helpful for searching if we had some sort of checkboxes to choose to create some sort of extra categorization. For instance if I'm creating an extraction help thread I have a check box I can tick that says "extraction help" and then anyone searching for those specific type of threads can choose that option in a drop down menu.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 5/27/2014 9:50:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed! Caps are unnecessary. Without them, it keeps the Nexus balanced and equal.. as already described. Even if they are just capital letters, they can be distracting 100%. Though, this should never discredit what someone is trying to explain but instead said person needs to be informed. Good refresh post! Emergency section would be ideal.

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Synkromystic
#4 Posted : 5/28/2014 7:02:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

a1pha
#5 Posted : 5/28/2014 9:18:40 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

This is one of those threads to bookmark for future bumping.

Thanks, endlessness..
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 5/28/2014 9:41:55 AM

Homo discens

a1pha wrote:
This is one of those threads to bookmark for future bumping.

Thanks, endlessness..

Way ahead of ya. Big grin

Good call, endlessness!
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine