We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Tolerance? Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 5/20/2014 6:46:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems.as.a.pretty established fact here and other websites that tolerance to DMT builds rapidly and that after a smoking session one must wait a hour for tolerance to drop before smoking more DMT or effects won't be felt.

I'm in the middle.if reading Strassmans book The Spirit Molecule in whichthere were specific studies done in regards to tolerance and DMT. The volunteers were given .4mg per kg Iv in succession immediately.following coming back from the previous dose.

No tolerance was found and they all got just as out there if not further out then they had the prior dose. If I recall right the entire session took about two hours in which four doses of DMT where given I believe at the 30 minute mark.

I read constantly.you have to wait at least a hour to smoke again. And I'm wondering where this comes from?, is thus a urban legend or direct experience? According to strassmans studies tolerance doesn't build that quickly.

In my own experience the first time I used DMT I only waited about a half hour before launching off again with the same dose and damn near broke through.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

IANS
#2 Posted : 5/20/2014 7:33:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

One time swim smoked for 4 straight hours with no brake what-so-ever. Each time was better then the last until swims body said no more. Idk, swim dove in head first smoking much and often at first.

I don't know a definite answer exist for this question. You'll have them cosmic full moon nights when the stars are aligned, and others when you cant get outa the stall.
I Am Not Someone Who Isn't Me!

Pihuechenyi
#3 Posted : 5/20/2014 9:09:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not quite such an established fact:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=161803

This thread has a discussion already with lots of people reporting no tolerance.

Al-Wasi
#4 Posted : 5/20/2014 10:50:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to know. Had I found that thread I wouldn't of posted.

That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Entheogenerator
#5 Posted : 5/21/2014 5:13:23 AM

Homo discens

wakeup wrote:
It seems.as.a.pretty established fact here and other websites that tolerance to DMT builds rapidly and that after a smoking session one must wait a hour for tolerance to drop before smoking more DMT or effects won't be felt.

This has never been the case for me. I have experienced no change in efficacy between doses administered back-to-back.

I remember one of the first times I encountered DMT someone told me that you had to wait an hour before dosing again, but he had no explanation for why this was. Needless to say, I did not heed his recommendation. Pleased
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

V01D
#6 Posted : 5/22/2014 7:55:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I highly suggest you try Changa at some point good sir!

It not only eliminates any potential tolerance issues, but gets you further with each experience.

Peace, love, and light!

<3

ymer
#7 Posted : 5/23/2014 5:48:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope, no tolerance for me. The more and more often I smoalk the stronger it gets.

darklordsson
#8 Posted : 5/23/2014 6:24:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ymer wrote:
Nope, no tolerance for me. The more and more often I smoalk the stronger it gets.

Yep me too its like stacking blocks, the more you use, the more it piles up, gets stronger and is a joy to ride!

Global
#9 Posted : 5/23/2014 12:44:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

With DMT's classically unpredictable nature, it's easy to smoke and then instantly try again and get little to nothing and assume it's tolerance, but it could have easily gone in the other direction. IME when you go for multiple attempts in a row, you're raising the stakes significantly such that it could result in unbelievably amazing experiences or extremely negative situations.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

captive
#10 Posted : 5/26/2014 10:00:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry to break the mould, but i have definitley had tolerance. we hit ± every half hour for 2 hours. each hit was noticeably less intense. but, we started the dmt after peaking on lsd so it may also have been the acid wearing off. so, it was not exactly a controlled experiment. but there was consensus amongst us that there was dmt tolerance.

my (totally unqualified) opinion regarding IV would be that you are virtually pumping it directly into your brain, of course there would be no tolerance. and similarly with vaping - if the dose is high enough your body would not be able to break the dmt down fast enough. this makes sense as in the experience that i mentioned above, we were treading fairly lightly in terms of dose. so maybe this is why there was tolerance for us.

anrchy
#11 Posted : 5/26/2014 10:40:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

captive wrote:
sorry to break the mould, but i have definitley had tolerance. we hit ± every half hour for 2 hours. each hit was noticeably less intense. but, we started the dmt after peaking on lsd so it may also have been the acid wearing off. so, it was not exactly a controlled experiment. but there was consensus amongst us that there was dmt tolerance.

my (totally unqualified) opinion regarding IV would be that you are virtually pumping it directly into your brain, of course there would be no tolerance. and similarly with vaping - if the dose is high enough your body would not be able to break the dmt down fast enough. this makes sense as in the experience that i mentioned above, we were treading fairly lightly in terms of dose. so maybe this is why there was tolerance for us.

?

I have had times where I thought tolerance played a role to then turn around and have no show of tolerance buildup whatsoever. I assume that if you could build a tolerance it would be more common amongst users. If a follow up dose does not have the assumed effect, it would have to be something else causing it and not tolerance.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

captive
#12 Posted : 5/26/2014 11:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:

I have had times where I thought tolerance played a role to then turn around and have no show of tolerance buildup whatsoever. I assume that if you could build a tolerance it would be more common amongst users.

That makes sense. But also differs from my experience - but then again there are lots of other factors to consider. Guess my/our sample would have to be bigger to get to any real conclusions. Confused Although for me, logically, dose would still come into the equation.

wingchun
#13 Posted : 5/27/2014 10:23:17 AM

Sifu

DMT Tolerance or similar effects - personal observations....

In my experience, Tolerance exists, but you have to smoke multiple times a day,
every day, for a long time....e.g. 3 months or more. There is a definite
reduction in the "blast out of reality" effect. I am not convinced it is
a typical form of pharmacological tolerance, it may be more an exhaustion of
Serotonin precursors, etc, as diet and sleep appear to directly impact the
tolerance effect.

Fresh fruit juices, Broad spectrum multivitamins, B group vitamins, and high nutrient / anti oxidant foods, some with mild maoi effects seem to help, along with a good sleep...

I have noticed if very tired, spice has much milder effects.

IMHO DMT ups the AMPS on the cephalic-caudal DC current that exists in all living things.
If the mitos are running low on charge, there's no charge/power to overclock the Central and Distributed Nervous Systems.

I wonder if spice effects cellular clocks in other ways ?
- Has anyone noted a change in rate of hair growth ?

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 5/29/2014 1:39:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

wingchun wrote:
I have noticed if very tired, spice has much milder effects.

One time I smoked DMT when very tired and literally fell straight to sleep!

Never felt inclined to test out theories of tolerance formation...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli