We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Kleanstrip vs Crown napha Options

Cenarion
#1 Posted : 5/19/2014 1:09:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Are they the same?

Kleanstrip is $8-9 a quart
http://www.lowes.com/pd_...46_0__?productId=3162199

Crown is $12.99 a gallon.. (4x as much)
http://www.lowes.com/pd_...41_0__?productId=3024053

I haven't found any information on this comparison.

It seems to good to be true for 4x the amount. Do they function the same in extract?

anyone please lmk

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bdevall158
#2 Posted : 5/19/2014 1:31:14 AM

Mind Wanderer

Im unsure of the actual differences but from my experienece i tried crown and got 0% yield and got pretty sad until i tried kleanstrip afterwards and thats when the goodies came out. Idk what would be different but it definatley showed with the crown pulling absolutely nothing
LOVE & LIGHT

Entheogenerator
#3 Posted : 5/19/2014 4:30:33 AM

Homo discens

Hitojin wrote:
Are they the same?

Kleanstrip is $8-9 a quart
http://www.lowes.com/pd_...46_0__?productId=3162199

Crown is $12.99 a gallon.. (4x as much)
http://www.lowes.com/pd_...41_0__?productId=3024053

I haven't found any information on this comparison.

It seems to good to be true for 4x the amount. Do they function the same in extract?

anyone please lmk

Your best bet would probably be to look up the MSDS for this "Crown Naphtha".
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

IANS
#4 Posted : 5/20/2014 2:21:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Crown smells fowl, MSDS states 95% to 100% pure. Older outdated MSDS states 99-100% pure. Who knows.. Don't use it. MO Stop
I Am Not Someone Who Isn't Me!

Roebic
#5 Posted : 5/20/2014 3:13:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would also like to add that I noticed very low yields with Crown though I have not used any other solutions to compare it's effectiveness with the same batch of root.

yield tends to stay at around .5% at most, and it takes more pulls than it should (30-40 mg off the first pulls out of 100g bark).

I shall report back when I get a chance to find another naphtha, though everything is pointing to the crown, considering each process is done perfectly.

Thanks for pointing this out as I just figured it was weak bark, unfortunately I think crown is the only thing sold locally so finding something else might take awhile.

Du57mi73
#6 Posted : 5/20/2014 3:41:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have used both. Crown smells horrid. Kleanstrip is my absolute favorite VM&P. It works great and you can get a gallon for $14.99 at the ACE near my place.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

Al-Wasi
#7 Posted : 5/20/2014 5:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is somewhat on topic so.I'll.post here. I recently.read in a tek to only use.vmp naotha and not.lighter fluid. Ie zippo or other brands.
However Cybs salt tek states to use lighter fluid and it is actually.pictured in the supplies used for the extract.

Can anyone comment on why other tek state to not use anything but VM P naptha.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

wearepeople
#8 Posted : 5/20/2014 5:33:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check what your solvent contains here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8080
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

faceless
#9 Posted : 5/22/2014 7:15:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting! I have always used crown and never really had any problems with it to warrant another brand, but all of this information about Kleanstrip makes me want to test the waters! Thanks for this.

edit:
I just checked their list and Crown VM&P isn't on it.

I thought all naptha smelled horrid - am I wrong? What exactly makes Crown less quality than Kleanstip?

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 5/22/2014 8:39:14 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Don't forget, you can't rely on a brand as being "ok" to use.

You have to test any can that you buy to ensure it evaps cleanly.

These solvents are not sold for use in procedures where the end product is intended for ingestion and are not quality controlled to that standard.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Du57mi73
#11 Posted : 5/28/2014 5:20:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

faceless wrote:
edit:

I thought all naptha smelled horrid - am I wrong? What exactly makes Crown less quality than Kleanstip?

What list?

If it says VM&P then you are pretty much in the clear for use, but you should always do an evap test to make sure before using any new brand.

As for the smell... Well.. I prefer to say that Kleanstrip smells "fresher". But crown smells like some dirty gasoline. Do a side by side and you will definitely notice how much cleaner the kleanstrip smells.

I assume the difference comes from the temperature used to distill the two napthas. One has more heavier hydrocarbons than the other. They also come from different original sources of petroleum, so composition is inherently going to be different.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

faceless
#12 Posted : 5/28/2014 3:23:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Don't forget, you can't rely on a brand as being "ok" to use.

You have to test any can that you buy to ensure it evaps cleanly.

These solvents are not sold for use in procedures where the end product is intended for ingestion and are not quality controlled to that standard.

Very true. Thanks for the reminder.

Du57mi73 wrote:
faceless wrote:
edit:

What list?

If it says VM&P then you are pretty much in the clear for use, but you should always do an evap test to make sure before using any new brand.

As for the smell... Well.. I prefer to say that Kleanstrip smells "fresher". But crown smells like some dirty gasoline. Do a side by side and you will definitely notice how much cleaner the kleanstrip smells.

I assume the difference comes from the temperature used to distill the two napthas. One has more heavier hydrocarbons than the other. They also come from different original sources of petroleum, so composition is inherently going to be different.

http://ilrc.ucf.edu/samp...detail.php?sample_id=352

Thanks for the info. Smile

Du57mi73
#13 Posted : 5/28/2014 4:20:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow that website is very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Al-Wasi
#14 Posted : 5/31/2014 6:18:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not understanding the link k to check solvents. They all have a different comb of chemicals. Kleanstrip has six while zippo fluid and ace vmp have like four.

What exactly are we looking for?
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

DansMaTete
#15 Posted : 5/31/2014 6:55:03 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Naphta is a mix of different chemicals. It comes from pretroleum distillation and, depending on the temperature used for the distillation, components are differents.

IMO, the best is the one with more lighter molecule (pentane, hexane, heptane) and you want to avoid those with addidives (anti-rust, dyes,...) or mixed with aromatics solvant (xylene, toluene,...). Pure heptane or hexane is the best of the best for me but i can't find any where i live.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Du57mi73
#16 Posted : 5/31/2014 10:42:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ This.

They evap faster, smell better, and grab more with lighter hydrocarbons.

That website basically just tells you which hydrocarbons are present in the given solvent.