We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Repotting Sally Options

Caacia
#1 Posted : 5/17/2014 3:50:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi nexians!
When re-potting my Salvia divinorum should I break up the root ball from the previous pot or just plop the round cylinder of dirt in the new soil?
This is my only Salvia I have at the moment and I dont want to stress it out too much but I do want the best for its growth, can disturbing Salvias roots be fatal?
How do you repot?
Fluff out the roots?
Bare root it?
or bury the old soil in the new?
Well I don't know, I guess I said it to invoke thought.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Wax
#2 Posted : 5/17/2014 6:11:09 PM

LUVR

I would leave the root ball in one piece, not sure if it matters too much if you rough it up a tiny bit although sally is really picky and prefers to be left alone so I would be as minimally invasive as possible, thats always worked for me.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Orion
#3 Posted : 5/19/2014 3:45:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If she is heavily root bound I would try to fluff out the outer roots. Give her the biggest possibly space for roots in a light airy soil mix with plenty of perlite and/or vermiculite.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.