We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Beginning the Salvia Divinorum Realm Options

Inner Paths
#41 Posted : 9/12/2014 1:54:41 AM

Secretary of the Interior

Please do try it, I find it makes the experience more visionary (not visual though, I keep a good distinction between visionary and visual, I find salvia inspires grand visionary scenes but less on the typical, psychedelic eye candy visual side if that makes sense) and shamanic. If you're getting great results from passiflora then you'll get even nicer results from a plant source with way more harmalas in the mix. Of course your results may vary.

Happy traveling friend!

"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DreaMTripper
#42 Posted : 9/13/2014 10:57:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Inner Paths wrote:
Please do try it, I find it makes the experience more visionary (not visual though, I keep a good distinction between visionary and visual, I find salvia inspires grand visionary scenes but less on the typical, psychedelic eye candy visual side if that makes sense) and shamanic. If you're getting great results from passiflora then you'll get even nicer results from a plant source with way more harmalas in the mix. Of course your results may vary.

Happy traveling friend!

Very much so, a treu visionary entheogen for me, although I would say its incredibly visual in an alien sense once Ive broke through just not classicly psycedelic. At low doses I get an awkward discombobulation, medium doses I can feel and sense salviaspace, high Im all in there. The only classic psycedelic visual on salvia that I have had is a slowly rotating purple prism floating in nothingness and some ridiculous tracers as if consensual reality is concertining.

Passiflora smoked is quite sedating for me I imagine it would smooth over the initial salvia clunkiness quite well.
On my list is pink lotus stamens to try beforehand. Some harmalas some quids and some extract now that would take you deeeep Smile

Inner Paths
#43 Posted : 9/14/2014 10:20:14 AM

Secretary of the Interior

DreaMTripper wrote:
Very much so, a treu visionary entheogen for me, although I would say its incredibly visual in an alien sense once Ive broke through just not classicly psycedelic. At low doses I get an awkward discombobulation, medium doses I can feel and sense salviaspace, high Im all in there. The only classic psycedelic visual on salvia that I have had is a slowly rotating purple prism floating in nothingness and some ridiculous tracers as if consensual reality is concertining.

I think your comment about medium doses sums it up well. Definitely a feeling and sensing of salviaspace to the visions, almost more in the minds eye than in the visual cortex like your classical psychedelics, very dreamlike in a sense. Though I have had what you would call proper strong visuals at medium doses and even occasionally at lower doses, especially in conjuction with pre-doses of harmalas and evenly spaced out dosing at 15 minute intervals of the shepherdess. She can be very enigmatic, that's for sure!
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

Cognitive Heart
#44 Posted : 12/8/2014 3:42:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Upon returning to salvia one again, I have some reports to share. Smile This time around was with 20x dried leaf, bedroom, various times of the day. No measurement was used, I felt completely comfortable, mostly due in part to SHE, but also within myself as well. Big grin However, that goes without saying, use a scale if necessary!

Experience 1:

It was mid day. I chose to begin realming once again with this new dried leaf I have. Through self communicating to the space around me, I then load up a pinch to start. This re-introduction feels it should flow low at first.

I get myself comfortable on my bed and begin with meditative and coherent thought. I breathe slow and deep to relax myself and light the material slowly and surely cleared. I immediately feel the sensations creeping up. Fuzzy feelings. We then slightly begin (and yes this deity and I) begin to lift up nicely. Quite grounded. Nice aesthetics starting all around me. This experience was not powerful, but merely a greeting and warm welcome. The benefits during the afterglow were supreme. Excitement for more experiences.

Experience 2:

Next day, nightfall-SHE. I feel immediate tugs to smoke again. Loaded up more than a pinch and took usual technique. Once cleared, I begin to shift / ascend into something familiar but quite alien. My surroundings and body begin to unzip. This feeling of being tear-open into infinite universality fills me up quite quickly. I feel the pulls from so many directions. My family seems to be a common re-occurance with these realms. As I grin it feels like my mouth is stretching long distances. I am struck in awe of these feelings and begin to laugh intensely at everything. Language is suppressed. Mild visuals. Strong senses of being here forever before. Laughing I come to baseline smoothly and now have a greater appreciation for life. Time has considerably shifted.

More experiences on the rise! Thumbs up I left out one other trip as it did not provoke me in any way due to the similarities with Ex:2. I will be trying Harmala dosaging once available.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Cognitive Heart
#45 Posted : 5/25/2015 2:48:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tonight I have felt a calling. And so it continues with this ever-expanding relationship and development with this highly mysterious and beautiful ally. Smile

Before engaging myself, I start out drinking a tea made from passiflora incarnata (wholeplant passionflower, 1 tbsp) to help sooth any anxiety or nervousness, and to great avail. This also might potentially aid in being completely swept up into salvia-land. With that said, I make my way over to the nearby woods to find a quiet and comfortable tree to sit under and meditate briefly.

Darkness approaches the night sky, all is calm.. the trees sway ever so slightly in the wind.. I slowly begin to pack a full bowl. Right before I flick my spark, I hear a sound.. a buzzing sound. Oh no! Mosquito's! Why now? Those blood suckers! Sad I barely react and keep my cool and move to another location quite abruptly. I then again sit myself down. I wait.. zero bugs follow me or surround me. And perhaps the eucalyptus oil I spread on my skin earlier is helping to ward them off.

I return to my prepared headspace. I then begin to light the remains of 10x extracted material.. long and deep the Shepperd speaks.. wait.. something is wrong here. I look down into my bowlpiece and realized there was no Shepperd left. Wut? Just under a pinch was left! Where did it all go!? Confused This poor salvia! It must have poured all out as I got up to move earlier. Rolling eyes First time this has happened. I must remember to place my thumb over the bowlpiece when moving! Well, there was no chance of finding it on the ground, so I smoked what was left.. which was hardly anything. I was really feeling the pull tonight, too. Oh well. Laughing The dry material that fell out shall soak up within the earth.

After finishing the very small pinch, I only felt a very mild tingling. This may help enhance my dreams tonight. I also feel a little more self-aware with some subtle energy increase. Some other typical very low dose effects and improvements in well-being. I shall get some restful sleep tonight.

Considering I didn't get to what I wanted (at least visuals and all-encompassing experience), I will continue with something a little more powerful quite soon.. it lays in my drawer, awaiting its intake into my body, mind and heart. Something of the 40x extract kind.. Wink

Until then my friends.. Pleased
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

travsha
#46 Posted : 5/27/2015 7:47:47 PM

Share Love ~

Cognitive Heart wrote:
I have an enhanced leaf extract of 10x that I'd like to begin with. The last thing I want is for the experience to be too much for the first few times since I enjoy encounters that slowly work up to the masterpiece.

1. First off, is this a good starting point or should I begin with 5x? I am aware that with exposure to smoking Salvia, the effects become stronger with each session, correct? A kind of reverse tolerance so to speak?

For me personally, I dont like the extracts at all. If I was going to smoke, regular leaf is plenty strong enough, and personally I stopped smoking after the first time I tried quidding because quidding is better in every single regard in my opinion. I probably smoke salvia 50-80 times (never counted), and I will never smoke it again. If for some reason I was going to smoke it I would go with dried leaves instead of the extract.

If for some reason I did extract I would use the lowest possible. I have done 100x and I dont recommend it.

Quote:
2. As far as bases go, I'd like to use plant material to place the Divine plant upon. Which plant is best used for this? I was thinking along the lines of Mullein to experience the effects of Salvia only whereas Cannabis may have some altering effects on the Saliva. What do you use? What works best in your experience without dulling or altering effects?

3. In terms of measuring, in this case I'd be measuring with a 20 - 0.001 g scale,.

Cannabis goes fine with salvia. Mullein would be fine as well. I never measured before - I always eyeballed it. I find something beautiful in leaving it up to my feelings how much is the right amount.

Quote:
3. Set and setting is a classic question and important area of judgement. From your experiences, where has Salvia led you to have the greatest trips? I feel my room to be best but nature is another option.

Usually I prefer outdoors with any other plant, but with Salvia I prefer inside a dark and quiet room, and I try to remain silent and as still as possible unless a medicine song comes through, then I will sing. Otherwise lying still and quiet in a quiet and dark room helps me go much deeper and focus much more then having music or other things.

Quote:
5. Lastly, in terms of afterglow effects, what has been most prominent for you? And, have your experiences been either mostly dissociative, psychedelic or universal in nature? Perhaps life-changing?

I didnt notice much after effects when I smoked it, but with chewing or drinking it I find it leaves me with a deep sense of fulfillment - like I am totally satisfied with everything. Very calm and meditative, yet focused, and good antidepressant qualities. Also - it is common for me to have prophetic or lucid dreams for a few days afterwards when I chew (never happened when I smoked it).

PREV123