We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Cure for cancer - UPDATE - positive results, diet or needle :?: Options

burnt
#21 Posted : 7/20/2009 8:07:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
I have seen it work. literally. My girlfriends grandmother had cancer, x amount of time to live. She switched to an all organic/vegan diet and no longer has cancer.

Did she take any medicine?

Don't get me wrong though I agree switching to a healthy diet that is high in vegetables and less meat based is a great way to both reduce your risk of getting cancer and to keep your body strong enough to fight off cancer. I just don't think people should be ignoring western medicine in favor of untested so called "natural" cures. I think people should combine the best of both worlds personally.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#22 Posted : 7/20/2009 10:31:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Did she take any medicine?

Don't get me wrong though I agree switching to a healthy diet that is high in vegetables and less meat based is a great way to both reduce your risk of getting cancer and to keep your body strong enough to fight off cancer. I just don't think people should be ignoring western medicine in favor of untested so called "natural" cures. I think people should combine the best of both worlds personally.
Two thumbs up! There are, however, no effective medicine against cancer in western medicine. Then you have to look at the natives... They know what to do, how to do it, and why to do it. Pleased

burnt
#23 Posted : 7/20/2009 11:10:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you point me to literature about these techniques. I am curious.

There are effective western medicines against cancer. They don't always work but they work more then placebo.

Espiridion
#24 Posted : 7/20/2009 11:24:18 PM

--who.??..ME??--

Burnt. I will get citations but until then: There was a doctor who was invited to investigate a problem with farm chickens. They were not producing and having some other problems. She concluded they had cancer, then proceded to cure them. Then she realized the same would work for humans and when she brought her results to those that hired her, she was barred and banned from the college she worked at, her work destroyed.

Cancer is a business. A cure would put that business to an end. Just like free energy would put an end to big-oil. If you are not as skeptical and paranoid as I am then great for you. But doctors are told what to do by insurance companies these days. Because it is ALWAYS about the money.

And as a chemist I am sure you know that an acidic body is worse off then a slightly alkaline one. The western diet versus an eastern diet shows a difference in this area. Not to mention that soy intake in the east is much higher. Green tea versus coffee.etc.

Anyway. You seem dogmatic about the point, so I will say this. Technology has advanced to a great degree. The 'gamma knife' is a marvelous tool. Chemotherapy is a terrible choice for a person to have to make, but it has gotten people through.

The point is, we go through life thinking, 'it will never happen to me' and so we do the things that are easy, like go through the drivethrough instead of eating healthy and it comes at a price.

'yeah, one McTumor to go and 'supersize' it'...

I dont think anyone is changing anyone elses mind on this thread. So good luck with your respective views. Keep the info coming because I for one am a believer.

<sips green tea>

Peace,

J

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Drake
#25 Posted : 7/21/2009 4:21:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My mate is having blood tests today. I am really hoping to see a change in hes blood, I really do. Or maybe a little more time is needed? Its very hard to tell, I am really interested to see the results. As I am sure many are also interested to see the report.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

burnt
#26 Posted : 7/21/2009 9:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just know a lot about cancer biology and the drugs that are commonly used against it so I remain very skeptical about fads or other traditional mechanisms to cure cancer. But I am not so close minded as to completely disregard them. If they have no conclusive evidence or mechanism I am skeptical and think its dangerous to rely on.

I don't buy into the acid/alkaline diet thing however. I think thats way to simplistic and skips over pretty much everything we do know about cancer. It is true that the tumor cells do have a lower pH but this is probably a result of the change in metabolism of the cells in the tumor and surrounding environment. By switching to more alkaline foods you are not going to change the pH of the surrounding tumor microenvironment.

Furthermore there is no mechanism by which acidic foods can cause cancer. Cancer is caused by an accumulation of DNA mutations that turn off the don't divide switch in the cell.

However diet is critical for cancer prevention as well as prevention of heart disease and all that other stuff that kills westerners. That's for sure. But looking at it just in terms of pH isn't appropriate. There are tons of foods that have low pH but are great for cancer prevention like all those antioxidant rich fruits out there.

Drake
#27 Posted : 7/27/2009 2:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

UPDATE - positive results, diet or needle Wut? .

So my mate got hes results back today. Hes PSI has went from 3.6 down to 2.6. This news is great, but there is a hitch. He had some needle before he went on this diet. It's unknown if this diet is doing it's thing, or if it was the needle. I will point out he only had the needle ONCE!. But again this dose not matter to much, as it works for 3 months. It has been 5 weeks to my understanding, so in another 6 weeks he will get another blood test.

I am really happy that the results were good, be it from some needle or the diet. I will report the results in the next 6 weeks or so. Although, I am pretty sure seeing PSI going down is not enough to say the cancer is dieing? I am sure you need to have other tests. And they will be done next time, when we see what the blood tests say.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

PREV12