We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Crazy Blue Cyrstals? - solvent problems? Options

CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE
#1 Posted : 7/6/2009 12:38:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wondering if someone can shed any light on this one...SWIM has been experiencing problems with obtaining a decent non polar solvent in australia. Shellite formula appears to have changed slightly and leaves an oily residue (has anyone else found this?), and zippo lighter fluid is like $6.80 for a little 125ml bottle, making that and expensive option, although SWIM has pulled some nice crystals with it previously...So SWIM did a little researching and came across coleman fuel, for coleman gas cookers ect...On testing for evaporation, SWIM found that it left no residues and evapped cleaner than anything previously used. SWIM performed an extraction on 800g of Acacia root bark using white vinegar (acetic acid)...800 ml of Coleman fuel was used as SWIM's solvent and after seperating and transfering to a glass baking dish, SWIM noticed that the solvent added a slight blu-ish tinge to the mixture instead of the normal yellow to green...The dish was left under a fan overnight while SWIM dreamnt of waking up to big (hopefully) relatively pure crystals. On inspection the next morning, SWIM found that there were indeed crystals, and that this was a far greater yeild than normal, but a lot of the crystals were white to blu-ish in colour...very pretty and impressive, but what the hell???....

Has anyone used colemans before? SWIM wonders whether this may just be a faze of evaporation and whether the blue will evap out of the crystals as they dry a little more, leaving a very clean almost white crystal, or is this blue some sort of other unwanted product? SWIM had researched colemans fuel and found that it was used in the clandestine meth lab industry, so thought it was obviously a good solvent, but now wonders, is there some sort of distilling process used to remove any possible unwanted substances from the fuel???

Are these crystals safe to smoke? Although they look insane, SWIMS thinkin possibly not too healthy? Also, what are other aussies using as non polar solvent? Shellite just doesnt seem to be doing it anymore??? Maybe SWIMS just got a few dud bottles. They smell alot more like petrol or something and leave residues...Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
i am a compulsive liar with psycotic tendencies and nothing i say should be believed

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Drake
#2 Posted : 7/6/2009 2:02:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I cannot give you the answer, perhaps advice more or less. What brand of Shellite are you/did you use? I have read that Diggers Shellite is pretty good, get it at Bunnings in 1L or 4L bottles (in the paint section).

My guess is that it's a good chance it MIGHT be colemans that's turning your spice blue. Someone will have to answer this.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE
#3 Posted : 7/6/2009 2:45:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Drake. The Shellite SWIM was using was diggers from bunnings. There is also another shellite brand found in camping stores which smells a little better...SWIM was under the impression Colemans was naptha, but may be wrong...heres some of the blue crystals...
CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE attached the following image(s):
Blue.JPG (769kb) downloaded 808 time(s).
i am a compulsive liar with psycotic tendencies and nothing i say should be believed

WSaged
#4 Posted : 7/6/2009 4:45:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know what to tell you about why they turned blue, but I will say...

PLEASE DO NOT SMOKE THAT!!!!

They are definitely contaminated with something serious!!
And once it is a crystal, it is a solid...nothing is going to evaporate out of a crystal.

Although you may be able to wash those with a recrystallization (or a few of em!!!) & salvage the DMT from in there.
But I would try to use a much cleaner solvent !!
Can you get Heptane (Bestine) down there? That would work perfectly!!

Or, maybe you could convert to DMT-Fumarate using the FASA tek & then rebasify. It will probably not convert to salt with the DMT!!

I know cobalt is what turns diamond crystals blueish...Wink Like the Hope Diamond.
If that is any kind of clue to what the problem may be...Wut?

Good Luck!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE
#5 Posted : 7/6/2009 8:00:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Warrensaged. Yeah, SWIM's definately going to steer clear of smoking them, but may play around with them and see what happens. All reports over the net point to others using Coleman Fuel which is aparrently Naptha, so i'm now wondering if either A: SWIM fucked up some other part of the extraction, or B: The Fuel had been contaminated somehow...It was Coleman Fuel, made in USA??? Back to SHELLITE I guess Smile

Drake
#6 Posted : 7/6/2009 12:06:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I still wish I knew if that spice could be smoked! It's just like Blue Tiberium! What type of problems did Diggers Shellite give you? Did Diggers give any problems?
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

WSaged
#7 Posted : 7/6/2009 5:27:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, you should keep one, just for memories sake!

Did you use a glass or plastic container to do the extraction?
If plastic was used, you might have some kind of contamination from that...?
I had a plastic pipette start dissolving away pretty fast, when I tried to pickup some acetone with it. (It held Naptha just fine though.Confused )
Maybe you've got a bit of the paint from one of the containers used in there...?

I don't know...
But I bet if you do a common recrystallization with Heptane or something similar, you'd be left with some dark blue shit on the bottom of the flask!! ...And clean DMT!!
Even still...I would do that a number of times!!! Until no more blue crap washed out during the recrystallization!!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:11
#8 Posted : 7/6/2009 7:50:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Had same thing with Colemans. Rust proofing chemical in solvent. To fix, one can redissolve in standard lighter fluid and freeze precipitate. If one is worried about solvent leeching into food, one can place blue spice in a shotglass, dissolve into lighter fluid, stick in plastic sealable bag, and place this in a tupperware dish with a lid, this should eliminate solvent leeching problems. Make sure to pour solvent off quickly once out of the freezer after a few hours as it will quickly redissolve into warming naphtha.
Psychonautical musical adventures

I am the Pickled Herring, raging through the streets of Aurangabad. Smiting the simian fortress of Agartha I fly with pan liners and garbage bags attached to my million tentacles of horrid putrefaction, eating souls and raining down corpses on the mighty city of Gruad.

Hail Eris!

benzyme
#9 Posted : 7/6/2009 8:12:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

definitely don't smoke it...

vaporize it.
swim would sublime it, but vaporizing it should be safe

I seriously doubt whatever is causing it to be that color (likely an inorganic or a mineral) boils at the same temp as dmt.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE
#10 Posted : 7/7/2009 5:45:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers for the feedback guys. SWIM thinks 11:11 is onto it with his rust proofing chemical theory. He will try a recrystalisation using the alternate brand of shellite and freeze precipitating. Hopefully this will work...SWIM has since performed another extraction on a different batch and has had success with the alternate brand of shellite. Good, clean yields...He is currently evapping another pull from the same batch using diggers, and will compare this to the alternate shellite brand as far as leaving residues...

While on the subject of nonpolar solvents, can someone please fill me in on using diggers xylene or toulene in aust...? Can they be used as are, straight off the shelf, or do they too contain undesirables, such as i found with the Colemans Fuel, and require some sort of distillation process? Apologies for the beginners questions (which have probably been answered 100 times on here), but better to ask questions than learn the hard way Very happy

Cheers

Drake
#11 Posted : 7/7/2009 7:03:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Post back on how well Diggers shellite works. Though I suggest freeze precipitating 1st, then fan dry. Like I sead, I read that people have been left with some residues when fan drying 1st. This might be the reason any residues is left.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE
#12 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:14:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, Apparently SWIM did a freeze precipitation on his "BLUE TIBERIUM" Laughing and strained his crystals before drying them under a fan. The blue appears to be gone but he will repeat this process again to be safe. SWIM is used to a less pure, "orange" crystal, and sometimes waxier product which has a very strong dmt smell...He notices that these crystals do not have the same strong smell. Is this due to the fact that it is a purer form of dmt or has he done something wrong? Heres a pic of the now non-existant blue-goo...Its now a pale kinda offwhite colour, and once scraped, pretty powdery in appearance...?
CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE attached the following image(s):
100_4323.JPG (813kb) downloaded 703 time(s).

endlessness
#13 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:31:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

looks much better, like its supposed to.. maybe safe already.. but just to be safe SWIM would do more recrystalization with clean solvent Smile

WSaged
#14 Posted : 7/8/2009 5:09:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right On...There you go!

Yea, I'd take endlessness's advice & do at least one more recrystallization to be safe!

Myself, I'd do i again & again until no shit coagulated on the bottom of the recrystallization jar when the warm solvent is added.
You've got quite a pile if spice there, so if there is 5% blue shit left, you probably can't see it when it's all mixed together.
But a recrystallization will force it to pool together so it can be seen & removed!

Also, when you get round to smoking some of it, start very, very small & work your way back up to a normal dose!!
there is a small chance that the contaminate is still there & only the color was removed!!
So ease your way into it to make sure what you've got it nice spice!

Also, the cleaner the spice is, the less it has a smell to it, when it is a solid.
Although it still has the old-lady-musk kind of scent when it is vaporized, just not as strong when it's good & clean.

That vapor however, is less harsh & so are the physical effects of DMT on your body when you've got nice pure DMT!!

Way to go!
Enjoy that stuff...you worked for it this time!

CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE
#15 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:47:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks again to everyone. SWIM will do AT LEAST one more recrystalisation to remove anymore contaminants and will post the results towards the weekend. One other question still remains unanswered, if anyone can help out, and that is regarding diggers brand xylene? Can it be used as is, straight of the shelf, or does it contain unwanted contaminates ect, as with the coleman fuel? SWIM would like to try a pull using xylene but is not sure whether there is some sort of distillation process needed with xylene? Any help appreciated. SWIM is under the impression from research, that xylene pulls greater yields and is good for getting the redder "jungle spice". Is this correct? Thankyou.

WSaged
#16 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:56:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xylene is a solvent made straight from the devils piss!!!
Avoid it if you can!!

...And you can...D-Limonene with work exactly the same (J-Spice...) but it doesn't make your house smell like a 20 yr old machine shop!!
In fact, it is Orange peel oil, so it smells wonderful!!

Check THIS out!!

WS

MagikVenom
#17 Posted : 7/8/2009 11:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

activated charcol will remove most coloured impurities. just use 20mg to start if coloured impurities remain repete as necessary.

just dont use a large amount or you will suck up spice to

i was under the impression shelite is readly available in Oz why not use it?

CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE
#18 Posted : 7/9/2009 1:12:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Warrensaged...Will steer clear of Xylene. Just smells too toxic for my liking...Will do some research into D-limoene availablility in oz. Im assuming you'll find it at youre average hardware store? What is it actually used for normally?

Thanks MagikVenom...Will also look into activated charcoal. Have never actually heard of it, and therefore have no idea on how to use...DIGGERS Shellite is readily avavilable, but SWIM has found problems with fan drying with it...The camping/cooker variety of shellite that SWIM recently used appears to be working better, but he think he will look at continuing to freeze precipitate in future, hopefully eliminating this problem. A FOAF has experienced similar problems with diggers and tells SWIM that upon contacting DIGGERS, found that the company has recently been bought into by some other company and something in the formular has been slightly changed, leaving an inferior product...???

MagikVenom
#19 Posted : 7/9/2009 1:23:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the reports i have seen describe OZ shellite as good for freez percipt not good for x tal growing.

have you tried freeze percip? dirty solvent will still give fairly pure results and you can repete as necessary.

trolls like Xylene

why?

its a worst case seneriao

they are fools not to be tolorated.

wise man once say
NIP IT NIP IT in the BUD

CAPTAIN HYPERSPACE
#20 Posted : 7/9/2009 1:49:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks MagikVenom...Will definately go for freeze precipitation in future...Still learning here, so greatly appreciate all help...Someone suggested 25ml of solvent per gram when freezing? Is this correct? SWIM is working with 800gms of bark, and mixing with approx 8lt of distilled water and 2l of White vinegar. On his last two extracts he has mixed this ratio of vinegar to water and then filled his s/s pot with enough to cover his bark by about an inch. SWIM has been using around 800ml of shellite to extract his final product after basifying. Does this amount of solvent need to be reduced in order to freeze precipitate? What would you suggest?

12NEXT