We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Meditating on weed Experiment for Dmt Experience. Options

tsiwt
#1 Posted : 5/9/2014 6:58:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HI everyone.
I don't think you can reproduce the visuals of dmt with just weed and meditation, but I do believe you can reproduce the body feeling and the brain tuning in sensation (without visuals). I believe this because I experienced it yesterday.

THe premise is that the more you do dmt, the more you understand how you body feels and how your head tunes in to a sound or a vibration . Therefore when you are high on weed and have a little bit experience with meditation you Know what you are looking for and you can actually try to mimic the feeling until you actually feel it.

experiment -

1) Don't smoke weed all day, at night take a big couple of puffs of some chronic and lay in bed with your eyes closed.
2) feel vibrations all over your body (try to make your body vibrate how it vibrates on dmt,,, you should know what to look for)
3) don't give up until you feel it.
4) Try to focus on listening to a tone, if you actually hear a tone try to intensify the sound as you intensify vibrations
5) eliminate all thoughts feel the tone increasing feel the vibration increasing and then tuning into the sound and vibration should come in naturally, you will just blank out, tune in, an will be a moment of complete stillness, you feel timelessness.

practice.

6) Report back if this works or if it doesn't work for you.

I don't think you can reach the 100% body intensity of when you do dmt, but maybe a solid 70 - 75%

When I did this It felt awesome,!!! as if I was on dmt, but it was a bit strange since I wasn't able to get any visuals.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Entheogenerator
#2 Posted : 5/9/2014 8:52:53 AM

Homo discens

Most of my DMT experiences did not include a "body feeling", primarily because I did not possess a "body" throughout the experience. Big grin

But I do know what you are talking about, as the physical sensations produced by low doses of DMT are very pronounced and unique for me. I very rarely smoke cannabis, but perhaps I'll try this the next time I decide to.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Arczilla
#3 Posted : 5/9/2014 9:19:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting! I will also experiment and report back.
I would like to see if there are any differences when meditating on a 'couchlock' Indica strain or a 'Cerebral' Sativa strain...

This has to have something to it, I recently had an experience where I was standing outside my office building just daydreaming for a bit. I started thinking and envisioning my my latest journey with some freebase and I could actually feel in between the dimensions. the feelings where very subtle but definitely there!

As soon as I noticed what I was doing I stopped it, The rest of the day went by calm and I felt alot like after a journey, that feeling of appreciation or thankfulness.

“We need to interact with like-minded people throughout the world to establish the new intellectual order which will be the salvation of mankind.”
– Terence McKenna

tsiwt
#4 Posted : 5/9/2014 6:12:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Arczilla, this feeling you call "between dimensions" is a very accurate description of how I feel when meditating on weed (have only been doing this for 1 week)

Its like a pulsating in and out of dimension.
The funny thing is that I experience these dimensions as some sort of body pressure not as visuals so it is very hard to describe.

I think the combo of weed and meditation + vibration and sound could help us understand hyperspace a little more...
But it is a body knowledge. I wonder what people think of this.

Report from yesterday -

I started tunning in (see top post) and I realized once tuned in my auditory perception is heighten incredibly I could hear a helicopter from very far away the pulsating sounds of the propellers were very dominant to the point that I thought they where coming from within me, I also noticed how the sound affected my body vibrations, the ones I was tuned in to. this is very similar to the experience of sound affecting visuals on dmt trip. THen I started moving my hands while in bed - in a taichi slow manner and I could feel how slow movement affected vibrations and tone as well. Very strange... then I procedded to use my imagination and imagine that I was a light being, I was surprised how easily I could ever slightly feel myself glowing behind my flesh... so imagination was triggered very easily on this state, if I wanted to feel trees or flowers growing from my hand I could feel them and with a little effort visualize them, It is a very creative state...

It does feel similar to a dmt body high, I think everyone should try this and report back if it worked for you or if it didn't

Once "tunned" in-
Things to corroborate:
1- Do you get heighten auditory perception and if the sounds affect vibration?
2- Does slight hand movement affect vibration and sound?
3- Is creativity trigger easily and without effort

ichgoftsf
#5 Posted : 5/9/2014 6:17:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Weed is also slightly psychotomimetic (for some), so in that sense it is also understandable that you can recreate certain DMT-like experiences with weed. Just takes a bit more mind control hehe.

Interesting topic/experiment, thanks for posting.
...Sitting in the sandpit, life is a short trip...

Purges
#6 Posted : 5/18/2014 3:19:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I once boiled up about 7-10g of various strains of cannabis that had been through my vaporizer in some milk with a bit of butter in it, thinking (foolishly) that there wouldn't be many actives left in it.

About 30 min after drinking it I could barely move, so dragged myself off to bed. In the darkness it felt like I was being flattened into the bed with 3d geometric shapes flying towards and through me. It was much like a classic psychedelic experience, but much less comfortable. While it was a valuable experience, I do not advise ingesting this much weed Shocked At one point I thought I could stop it by trying to pass out / fall asleep, but it was far too intense, 'enjoying' the whole experience was the only course of action.

A much nicer way to achieve similar results is to ingest harmalas and then smoke some cannabis ime.

Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

null24
#7 Posted : 5/18/2014 7:41:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Right on, your technique is something Ive been practicing regularly for several years now.
I too tend to disassociate with the body instead of feeling it. In fact its quite the opposite of focusing on the body, I focus on the center of my skull.

Theres a mechanism there I dont quite understand, so I really dont talk about it, since I cant really tell you how to do it. But smoking just before lying down and sort of entering a conscious hynogogic state while under the influence produces some very intense meditations sometimes that can become full on OBEs when properly done. I think it has something to do with using both sides of the brain simultaneously, applying the rational analytical properties of the left to the creative abstract of the right.

I only have the opportunity to smoke DMT rarely. Ive done it less than 20 times. This fills in the intervals.

EDIT hey I just realized thats post #500. Yay!

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 5/18/2014 8:01:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^This is interesting. My one very brief OBE came through smoking some herb and then lying down to sleep, on my back. I was very relaxed but my mind was still active, and all of a sudden I seemed to rise up at speed out of my head into the darkness above! It was very sudden and unexpected and the shock of it threw me back into my body before I really went anywhere. Am trying to persevere with OBE induction at the moment though, interesting stuff for sure.

null24
#9 Posted : 5/18/2014 8:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Bancopuma wrote:
^^This is interesting. My one very brief OBE came through smoking some herb and then lying down to sleep, on my back. I was very relaxed but my mind was still active, and all of a sudden I seemed to rise up at speed out of my head into the darkness above! It was very sudden and unexpected and the shock of it threw me back into my body before I really went anywhere. Am trying to persevere with OBE induction at the moment though, interesting stuff for sure.

My first OBE was totally unexpected to. I was stoned in bed, meditating on I think gratitude and approached a highly emotional state where I felt like I was about to burst into tears-you know, of gratitude. Something compelled me to get out of bed and go over to my altar and light a candle. I did so and focused all my intent on the flame. My eyes were full of tears and it made the light send out rays in my vision. One golden beam of light seemed to extend slowly and purposely from the flame and enter my heart and all the sudden I felt a distinct presence behind me. Something was there, much bigger than me and it felt like it was enfolding me in a protective and loving embrace, something I had not felt from anything in a long time. Then a voice sounded in the center of my head asking me where I wanted to go to which the answer came almost automatically: "where Ive always wanted to!"

I didnt even know what I meant when I thought that. Then just as you describe, sucked out of the top of my skull to travel along a beam of white light and just sort of pop out of it floating in deep space. There in front of me was a giant globular cluster of stars.I just took it in, with this being behind me. Then it told me to listen, and suddenly I could hear a “sound” that seemed to describe the love of creation, the star cluster was singing the Logos. It was beautiful, and then it was done.

This was before I knew anything of DMT’s amazing properties, but was a prelude and something that I believe sort of initiated my path to finding it.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

reflexion
#10 Posted : 5/28/2014 9:40:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get very stoned before bed. Sometimes during sleep i realize that i am actually 'half-awake', somewhat disconnected from my body, and it feels like I'm being sucked into a vacuum or something. Very difficult to describe
The strange feelings rapidly get more intense as i start spinning/flipping at incredible speeds, until the intensity is too much and I bring myself out of it. I've been experiencing this for probably 10 years now, but not sure what to think about it. Probably sleep paralysis?

Purges
#11 Posted : 5/28/2014 10:47:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doesn't sound like sleep paralysis to me. At least not the sleep paralysis I get any way.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tsiwt
#12 Posted : 7/6/2014 9:46:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am reporting back on meditation experiments good to do when high on weed.

This one is Imagination as hyperspace

Steps

smoke weed - lay down on your bed close your eyes,

feel vibrations all over your body, relax, empty your mind - 10-20 minutes

tune into the sound and really feel like your body is on dmt (see first post to find out how)

then

imagine yourself somewhere- walking on water, flying, on a field etc.
experience the space, the surroundings etc after 5 minutes...

let your imagination run free...

what usually happens is that you can see transforming visuals and things just start
appearing & disappearing , morphing into other things. You can always direct
your imagination where to go, but you can also let it do its thing just to see what it comes up with. You can also problem solve things in this space and see possible consequences of
your actions, experience what a bird sees etc.

This imagination space is infinite- and it offers infinite possibilities and experiences and creative answers. It is worth trying.

I think most people would agree that the dmt experience in a broad sense is imagery that changes and transforms. For me the imagination works in the same way but it is not as vivid, and the imagery is not as strange and bizarre, and in the imagination you can direct it
when you choose to. But nevertheless imagination in many ways is an incredible hyperspace.

Try it for a few weeks and please report back

Nathanial.Dread
#13 Posted : 7/6/2014 3:04:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had some truly bizarre stuff happen to me on high doses of weed. It definitely can get psychedelic if you're in the right space doing the right things. When I first started out, I would get very intense visuals of eyes everywhere, my ceiling would warp and flow and I would get lost for hours in this warm congerie of colorful shapes. It was very nice.

Other times, I would get a really intense kind of buzzing that felt like my soul was trying to lift out of my body. It never went full OOBE, but I felt like I was getting there.

Once, while high and a little drunk, I was lying in bed just thinking and watching pretty pictures, when, without warning, I sort of zoomed out and entered this huge, empty black place. I could see my thoughts and the visuals happening below me, but I was outside of them, floating in this enormous emptiness. It was very cool.

If I find myself with access to cannabis any time soon, I will definitely give this a try.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

peacefulSKY
#14 Posted : 7/6/2014 5:12:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I felt very similar on the afternoon of the 1st of July. Early in the afternoon I rolled a stiff one up for myself after abstaining from it for exactly 3 months. It was good weed no doubt but you would then never put weed on par with dmt?

I start to meditate as soon as I was through with my joint. I almost immediately, found myself on a dmt like journey.

Sound and vibrations filling you up from within and throughout. Until you yourself are one with those vibrations, ebbing and flowing in a never ending, smooth ballet... it feels wonderful

Cognitive Heart
#15 Posted : 7/6/2014 5:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very relatable sensations, quite recently actually. The sense of being completely still and rising out of the body. Sometimes just slightly, other times full on. Time is still as well. Once you return back into the body, its as if you move between realm-like awarenesses.

I find cannabis and other psychedelics to be potentiators in this powerful state of awareness once taken out of daily utilization. Hits like a wave in the dreamland.

--

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

dropthemillstone
#16 Posted : 7/6/2014 6:59:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I think of meditating I think of sitting up with no back support and focusing the mind on one thing as apposed to laying back and letting the mind go with what it will - but I can see how that could provide some value. The main value to sitting up is alignment. "Soul light" - or whatever you want to call it - enters through the top of the head and if you are laying down you are crimping the hose somewhat. That's not to say you cannot make contact laying down, it just seems to be easier sitting up as testified by literally thousands of years of meditation practice in various cultures.

I've meditated (sitting up) sober and on Cannabis quite a bit and have a couple of things to share about it. For me, the benefits are a bit of a mixed bag.

On the one hand, something about the state induced by ganja flower makes me especially receptive to mantra practice, it certainly amplifies subtle sound as some of you have mentioned, and in general amplifies all kinds of subtle phenomena that definitely increase awareness. We all know that ganja challenges conventional thought forms and processes, and that is a good thing. I feel instantly more closely connected to spirit or religious sentiments when high.

On the other hand, I find that Cannabis always stimulates my lower brain thoughts in a number of ways which actually makes it more difficult to stay focused while thousands of ideas and self-criticisms flood my mind. This is where mantras come in handy because I need something strong to focus on that can grow and, when I'm doing it right, crowd out the unnecessary noise of endless trivial thinking.

Smoking cannabis off and on all day is definitely a hindrance for me because if I am meditating at night my mind is completely exhausted from ceaselessly spinning all day even if it is fun, unconventional, and creative. I do, however, like the experience of smoking right before meditation if I have not smoked much during the day. I would never speak against the practice of getting high and laying down, but that doesn't accomplish the same thing for me. I know what you guys mean about visuals and though I haven't had an OBE on ganja, I have in other ways. Tripping (even on Cannabis) and meditating are quite different in my experience - though not mutually exclusive. Both can bring you amazing beauty and deep understanding, but the goal of meditating is not really to see visuals, etc, for me and my practice (though that sometimes comes with it); for me the goal is to make the mad mind heel to the greater will within - and for the record, I'm not that good at it.

I will definitely try some of the suggestions you guys have posted. Consciousness is endless with lots of space to explore!

{{{{{{{{{{{{Remember what you are}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Fear is a millstone.

dropthemillstone
#17 Posted : 7/6/2014 7:13:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reflexion wrote:
I
The strange feelings rapidly get more intense as i start spinning/flipping at incredible speeds, until the intensity is too much and I bring myself out of it. I've been experiencing this for probably 10 years now, but not sure what to think about it. Probably sleep paralysis?

This is not sleep paralysis, but likely a momentary lucid awareness of your consciousness in the astral body before it has directed itself to where it works/plays during sleep. I have had some awareness of being out of my body, sort of floating/bouncing around my room. I usually wake up or lose consciousness completely and fall asleep. You can learn to control this, but honestly, it doesn't have much use for us in my opinion and it will definitely effect the quality of sleep - which you NEED.

Sleep paralysis is when you are "awake" or in any case part of you is, and you cannot move or talk. You may become panicky and try to scream, but you cannot. I don't know what causes this, there are so many hypothetical suggestions both from empirical neuroscience and from the occult perspective. Likely, it is not just one thing, but a number of possible phenomena that creates this. My feeling is that whatever neurons control motor skills are not switched back on, but some other parts of the mind are giving you self-awareness with no control.
Fear is a millstone.

dropthemillstone
#18 Posted : 7/7/2014 8:07:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, new report!

So last night's meditation was great with a slight breakthrough involved. I had smoked Cannabis a few minutes before beginning, but the wild card in the scenario was my first use of YANTRA, A/K/A "mandala" to get started. Obviously, these things are fun to look at high, but I tried to use it as a launching pad and...wow.

I have never used yantra in meditation before. I used a Ganesha yantra found here: Yantra Examples
(I've linked to this site before because I think the quality is really high and ego really low - no rockstar yogis!)

Anyway, these yantra are very fast acting and I will be using them with and without Cannabis frequently.

I'm sure their power is well established with entheogenics, but if you have not used them before in a focused manner, don't hesitate to try. Just stare at it and let your focus go a little soft and let everything just UNLOCK.

In conclusion: Ganja+Yantra= MAGNIFIQUE
Fear is a millstone.

peacefulSKY
#19 Posted : 7/13/2014 6:36:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aftermath wrote:
I've only had one significant experience while meditating on cannabis. Basically I somewhat entered a blue/orange/white dimension and after getting up and going outside I felt very happy and peaceful, like I was younger or something

...along with a feeling that feels like your very being is being flushed clean of all negative feelings, clearing away all scar tissue until your body and skin feel, baby fresh and clean. and as innocent as you were, the day you were born...

Adjhart
#20 Posted : 7/13/2014 7:42:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, meditating on cannabis will get you to a more vivid or profound places more quickly, but they are harder to hold, to maintain. You experience something amazing then suddenly your high mind starts jabbering about it, and it's gone.

Without cannabis, or sober, I find that it takes much more time, discipline, focus, and concentration to get yourself to those profound places. However, once you are there, you aren't easily jarred away, and you can even squelch your jabbering mind without losing your footing in whatever it is you are experiencing.

To me, that is where the difference lies.

12NEXT