We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mixing Rooibos & Coffee! Options

Cognitive Heart
#1 Posted : 5/7/2014 6:17:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just tried this combination today with some very pleasant effects!

I took Doi Chang 'Hardwired' coffee and mixed one cup of that with one cup of organic, rejuvenating rooibos tea. Strictly coffee and rooibos. The taste was nice but the coffee seemed to dominate. It was smoother and much more hydrating than coffee alone. With rooibos, the stimulation is still there but calmer, clearer and much more enhanced in terms of energy, well-being and the ability to concentrate. Quite long lasting, too. No 'harsh comedown.' Completely satisfied!

Anyone else had this mixture or know of any history of these plants being mixed? Perhaps in some parts of Africa? I plan to add some hemp milk to the mix tomorrow.

Very happy
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

HumbleTraveler
#2 Posted : 5/7/2014 11:40:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds interesting! I will try it.

Do you make your own hemp milk? I just started about 2 weeks ago and it's even better than store bought. It certainly doesnt last as long but I make 3 cups and I use a cup per day in the morning for my cereal. It has a 72 hr shelf life.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Wax
#3 Posted : 5/8/2014 12:52:43 AM

LUVR

Haven't tried rooibos, but I do love the effect I get from drinking a cup of coffee and then a cup of green tea. It feels like all the jittery bodily sensations of the coffee are transmuted into a clear focused super awake and "on it" feeling in the mind, like the effects of the tea are magnified. Very nice, I'll have to try the rooibos combo.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 5/8/2014 3:41:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not make my own, no. Though I'm open to starting that since I buy the raw shelled seeds anyways. That is a good habit. Your own preparations are always best. Also, considering the nutrient content of hemp milk (which has zero phytates and oligosaccharides) it compliments digestion to full absorption of the given stomach material.

Quote:
In South Africa, it is common to prepare rooibos tea in the same manner as black tea and add milk and sugar to taste. Other methods include a slice of lemon and using honey instead of sugar to sweeten.

Yes, mixing the teas with the coffee seems to slightly alter the stimulation. I agree that it is a fresh feeling of awake and magnified. Just above the level of subtle. I'd be interested in the effects when mixed with cannabis or possibly a strong psychedelic. It may have some anti-nauseating effects.

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Lichen
#5 Posted : 5/9/2014 5:06:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This sounds like a fun experiment, I will make some perculator coffee using rooibos tea.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

Endurance
#6 Posted : 5/9/2014 7:46:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.. for me personally, it's rooibos (milk - no sugar) with honey, and sometimes a dash of lemon.

From my own experience it's not often that these two are commonly served as a single beverage in SA.. well, not by taking
Cognitive Heart wrote:
Doi Chang 'Hardwired' coffee and mixed one cup of that with one cup of organic, rejuvenating rooibos tea.

Although it is highly likely that there are people who might do this.

There is also redespresso.. a slight variation on what you described.

Cognitive Heart
#7 Posted : 5/9/2014 4:52:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am currently finishing one cup of rooibos and coffee with hemp milk. Same ingredients as before but mixed with cannabis smoking. The drink helps ease any nausea as predicted. A nicer, clearer sense of well-being, feeling good! More energy but calm and enhanced function and concentration. Again, satisfied! Pleased

Judging from the variety of plants used in Africa, they probably have some connection of being used together as a medicine and beverage, as well.

Infectedstyle
#8 Posted : 5/9/2014 10:25:51 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Have been eyeballing the last piece of rooibos tea at my parents house for some reason because it smelled so nice but i have been trying out the common green tea variant. Since coffee has such an extremely harsh consciousness alteration for me. I finally decided on the rooibos alone as opposed to the usual and i can immediately feel the health and well-being pour into my soul for a few moments. That was a very satisfying tea moment for me. Pleased

Lichen
#9 Posted : 5/10/2014 1:44:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Made percolator coffee with three teabags of rooibos tipped into it. It was really delicious, but I didn't notice any change in psychoactive effects. That being said, I don't notice any psychoactive effects with rooibos anyway, other than perhaps the feeling of well-being that comes after enjoying any tasty hot beverage.

Edit: It's not a percolator, it's a French Press - or "plunger".
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 5/11/2014 2:15:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lichen wrote:
That being said, I don't notice any psychoactive effects with rooibos anyway, other than perhaps the feeling of well-being that comes after enjoying any tasty hot beverage.

I don't necessarily feel any psychoactive effects from rooibos alone but coffee yes. A slightly greater feeling of motivation and stimulation is always present with coffee. The synergy is nice with rooibos.. mainly in terms of the hydration and taste. I do think the effects of coffee are enhanced slightly or vice versa. Good and safe for mixing and enjoying.

Utilizing the beverage this way can be beneficial rather than just for enjoying it by itself, also.