We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help PH Question Options

dmtjeri
#1 Posted : 7/5/2009 12:46:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey sorry this might seem like a stupid question but when I make my Acid Water Ive been using hydrochloric acid putting 4 L in a bowl and And adding maybe 5 drops the PH usually go 3.5 to 4 which Is what people have been saying is a good PH . I let it sit for say 5 minutes or so and then test the PH again with my meter, its usually about the same. However after I boil my bark of say 4 hours or more and let the Bark water cool down the PH is always 5.5 or higher. My last extract was was first and I didn't yeild anything maybe 2 little crystals which are probley water crystals. Is not having enough Acid in the water my problem because the PH rises and DMT wants to stay in the bark powerder or somthing. By the way is it ok to boil your mixture to reduce it or should I simmer do you lost DMT if you boil to reduce ? Any suggestions would be great , thankyou.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Drake
#2 Posted : 7/5/2009 1:57:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish I knew the answer to the pH question. But with boiling, from what I read on The DMT Handbook. You bring the soup to boil, the turn down the temp for it to simmer for another hour and a half. I am sure simmering for an hour and a half will reduce it.

I hope to see an answer to you pH question. No tek I read sead anything about the pH raising.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

MagikVenom
#3 Posted : 7/5/2009 4:48:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you could post more info on your tek i may be able to help you.

if you are doing a a/b it sounds like you are missing the baseifaction step you can not pull alkloids from a acid solotion with naptha.

You can however pull alks from a base solution into naptha

dmtjeri
#4 Posted : 7/5/2009 7:52:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am doing the DMT Habdbook by Viracocha using
hydrochioric for my acid
200gram soudium hydroxide
and shelite 300ml 3 times

my materia is Aciaca bark 1 kilo and , acia leaves 1 kilo all dryed and blended to a fine as i could get it. cooked for 4 hours on high 4 L each time reducded all down two 3 L and based with 200g and then shaken for 1 minute let sit 1 minute ,10 times and then extract the shelite and put into freezer , each pull Ive put into a glas jar and pryex dish with lids. My mixture dozent seem to go milky when Ive pulled it and let it sit and cool for while just stays yellow and freezers nothing stays yellow like piss. What I am I doing wrong I can't work it out.

Drake
#5 Posted : 7/5/2009 9:21:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it might have something to do with you boiling your acid soap. I have only ever read for the soap to be simmering. I recon try another extraction, but this time just simmer the mix so its just rolling. Bring the soap to boil, then turn it down to low for a rolling simmer.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

MagikVenom
#6 Posted : 7/5/2009 9:59:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

take your solvents (naptha) and let them evaporate until they are cloudy. When they are cloudy that is the beginning of the dmt falling out of solvent. So evaporate the solvent until it becomes milky with a fan or just wait.

Then try freeze percip again.

Do not throw anything out and you should be ok.

try my suggestion and update

dmtjeri
#7 Posted : 7/14/2009 3:55:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I evaporate until it went a little cloudy, really not much cloudy. Then freeze percip again no crystals sticking to the sides of the dish and I was left when evaporating with this yellow sticky scum which would not evaporate. I don't think my plant material had enough DMT in it maybe 0.01 or somthing less. I am sick of all these long processes for no result it has really deterred me from the whole process and I think I am finished. Some people like you guys have the patience and skills for making the spice. But after two failed attempts I am done. I still have a fascination with DMT but maybe God doesn't want me experience the DMT sensation. I really wanted to explore the inner sanctum of myself but maybe it was not ment to be. Thankyou everyone for all your help and good luck for the future.

Phenylthalatryx
#8 Posted : 7/18/2009 7:23:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When you boil hydrochloric acid it releases Hydrogen chloride gas and water vapor. Hydrogen chloride has a much lower boiling point than water. Therefore, after a few hours of boiling, you will have effectively boiled off a lot of acidity.

Also it might be useful to note that PH readings can differ with heat.

For your consideration.
"The real voyage in discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes." ~Marcel Proust