We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Bipolar person seeks stories of people who gone bad (e.g. psychosis) on DMT Options

ymer
#21 Posted : 5/2/2014 5:33:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fourthripley wrote:
Trypfinity wrote:
Quote:
In fact, I've never heard of a story where someone was left psychotic after DMT use.

Everyone else was telling you be reserved - someone had to balance it out.

Neither have I, but that doesn't mean too much.

Djdg, give us an update if you decide to try it out. But either way, glad to have you

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4028
http://www.psychonaut.com/ayahuasca-dmt/32077-horrible-problem-s.html

Stop

I read the first link, the OP says that the problem was caused by the things that they injected to him in the Psych ward, not by the DMT.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Adjhart
#22 Posted : 5/2/2014 7:06:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ymer wrote:
fourthripley wrote:
Trypfinity wrote:
Quote:
In fact, I've never heard of a story where someone was left psychotic after DMT use.

Everyone else was telling you be reserved - someone had to balance it out.

Neither have I, but that doesn't mean too much.

Djdg, give us an update if you decide to try it out. But either way, glad to have you

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4028
http://www.psychonaut.com/ayahuasca-dmt/32077-horrible-problem-s.html

Stop

I read the first link, the OP says that the problem was caused by the things that they injected to him in the Psych ward, not by the DMT.

And the second one is incredible. His subconsciousness somehow got projected onto entities which make him aware of right and wrong.

My thoughts are that he did not give DMT its due diligence when he tried it, and therefore he knew nothing of reintegration and misinterpreted everything.

What compounded this exponentially, as he mentioned, was turning to the medical profession to help him reintegrate, where they of course treated him like a guinea pig.

There is one person in that forum giving him really good and relevant advice based on personal experience, and obviously agreeing that he is not psychotic.

But yea, that's interesting.

djdg
#23 Posted : 5/8/2014 10:13:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone for the replies! Very useful insights I must say. I have decided to postpone DMT into the long future. I read some Dutch forum topics about psychosis (not related to DMT) where some folks said they lost friendships due to psychosis. This would be the last thing I want to happen as I have 3 close friends.

A few years ago I had a psychosis myself and since then I experience a less concentration level (not that big, but still noticable) and I don't want this to get any bigger.

I will still keep on reading and watch (youtube) trip reports as my interest is still very strong. But for me DMT will be a long term (maybe when I'm really really old and got nothing to loose) whish.

pitubo
#24 Posted : 5/8/2014 11:10:26 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Good luck! I first did psychedelics when I was 35 years old. I had come to the conclusion that I was crazy, had a pretty good picture of the craziness and I figured I couldn't get any more crazy than I already was. I had nothing to lose in trying psychedelics. Because I had done a lot of homework beforehand, it turned out really good for me.

Entheogenerator
#25 Posted : 5/9/2014 12:07:39 PM

Homo discens

ymer wrote:

Did he though? You are referring to this one right? If so, you might consider re-reading the linked post... I'm like 99% positive that he went to the psych ward because of the problem that he described, and that he specifically stated that the medication given to him there either had no effect or possibly made it worse...
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

ichgoftsf
#26 Posted : 5/9/2014 12:29:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say someone who is getting harrassed by electronic jews who are experts in mind control shouldn't have taken DMT. May sound a little harsh but that's just not healthy.
edit: that's not to say that giving this person all sorts of medication is the right thing to do.
edit again: I've read a bit more of the psychonaut thread, I'm not so sure about it now. He might get there, eventually. Maybe he is, already, I don't know.

Glad to hear it worked out for you, pitubo. I think I can relate, though I haven't taken DMT yet.
...Sitting in the sandpit, life is a short trip...

Shanghigher
#27 Posted : 5/11/2014 4:02:34 PM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

Interesting stuff here.

Personally, I've used psyches to rid myself of depression - but that's depression, not bi-polar.

A friend of mine has recently become ill, and she's been diagnosed with bi-polar. She's still in a pretty dark place at present, but has questioned using psychedelics perhaps. I'm trying to ascertain whether that would be a good idea or not.

My thoughts on the matter, and what seems to be echoed here, is that it can be done, but a focus needs to be kept on the healing aspect of it. I know a great deal of her condition stems from hurt she has sustained in the past - my thoughts are perhaps an unraveling of the pain she feels from that may lead to her coping with her condition in the future. Treat the cause, not the symptoms, as it were.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Enso
#28 Posted : 5/11/2014 4:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think as long as it is focused on healing it is not only safe but often beneficial to use pyschadelics. Just make sure you're all in the right state of mind and you'll be fine

ichgoftsf
#29 Posted : 5/11/2014 6:09:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shanghigher wrote:
Personally, I've used psyches to rid myself of depression - but that's depression, not bi-polar.

The manic defense in bipolar disorder (also called manic-depressive disorder) is very closely related to depression. It's a different way of dealing with the same problem. There's a reason they call you manic-depressive even if you've never been depressive, just manic.

This article offers a nice perspective on the phenomenon.

And then there's this wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_defences

Shanghigher
#30 Posted : 5/11/2014 9:28:13 PM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

I wouldn't say they are closely related - there's a world of difference between the depression I've experienced and the mania I've encountered through bi-polar.

For a start, I never had a high. I never had a mania. There was never any happiness. All I had was pint of self-loathing and some bad luck as a kicker. I was self destructive, sure. But at no point did I feel better about anything - I just felt less for a little while when I drank or smoked or whatever.

This, I came to realise, was a combination of a bad situation I was in, and a tangled mess of mental wounds in my head. I have now been able to change the pace of my life whilst unraveling the mess. For all intents and purposes, while I may have a tendency towards depression in the future, I am effectively cured.

Bipolar is very different in that it's like schizophrenia - it's not something that can be cured, it can only be managed. The depressive state is there, but it is part of a cycle of highs and lows. It is not like depression where the key is to undo the trance your brain is playing. The key there is to keep it on a level. That's why I'm looking for more information on how trips affect bi-polar, as I wouldn't want to trigger a new cycle.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

ichgoftsf
#31 Posted : 5/11/2014 9:52:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for chiming in. I had a manic psychosis some time ago and have as a result been diagnosed with bipolar, so I'm coming at this from a different angle.

I don't agree that bipolar disorder can't be cured - it's exactly as curable as depression.

--Shadow
#32 Posted : 5/12/2014 7:35:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Warrior wrote:

As a classically trained neuroscientist .....

I say do what your heart desires....

Hmmmm..... probably not the best choice of words for a neuroscientist
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

Curb
#33 Posted : 5/12/2014 9:50:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not even going to go into whether or not DMT is for you, if you want it you will take it. simple as that. I do think its a good idea to be mentally fit though before you do go delving into things. When you miss your meds for a day, do you start feeling flighty or sick? if yes, then you need to be on them for a little while longer. I would cut down yourself even though this isnt advisable. If you take control yourself then things will be easier. i was almost diagnosed bipolar and schizophrenic during my drug induced psychosis.

i have one bit of real advice, its from a psych nurse i knew who borrowed me a book on neuro-plasticity: Walk. Walk everyday, it doesn't have to be much, just do it every day, go for atleast 15 minute walk and believe in yourself that your mind can adapt and change to be more independent. It took me almost a year to recover fully from a 3 month episode, so i cant imagine what it will be like for you. these medications you are on are important, but if you dont atleast try, you will be stuck on them for life. that was a possibility for me, but i ended up reducing by myself and getting off medication 11 months after the fact. I was one of the lucky ones.
"you know, there are many people in the country today... who, through no fault of their own: are sane. some of them were born sane, some of them became sane later in their lives. it is up to people like you and me (who are out of our tiny little minds) to try and help these people overcome their sanity" -Monty Python

"I have reasoned and i have logicked and mentally discovered with my mindthoughts that this world (the one we live in) is created by people. people are making this happen." - Unpopular Youtuber

ichgoftsf
#34 Posted : 5/12/2014 1:05:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

--Shadow wrote:
Warrior wrote:

As a classically trained neuroscientist .....

I say do what your heart desires....

Hmmmm..... probably not the best choice of words for a neuroscientist

Why not? The 'heart' is a very important part of the mind! Wink

Adjhart
#35 Posted : 5/12/2014 5:19:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ichgoftsf wrote:

Neuroscientists study the mind?

ichgoftsf
#36 Posted : 5/12/2014 6:54:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:

Of course they do. What else would they study?

Adjhart
#37 Posted : 5/12/2014 7:28:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ichgoftsf wrote:
Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:

The Nervous System, which includes the brain.

Very happy

ichgoftsf
#38 Posted : 5/12/2014 8:54:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:
Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:

Very happy

Then where do you draw the line between the brain (as a nervous system) and the mind (as.. the mind Razz).

Adjhart
#39 Posted : 5/12/2014 11:34:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ichgoftsf wrote:
Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:
Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:

Very happy

Then where do you draw the line between the brain (as a nervous system) and the mind (as.. the mind Razz).

Surely, that is up for debate.

But the point is that there is a line; the brain and mind are different.

And nowhere in the definition of Neuroscience is the mind mentioned, right?

downwardsfromzero
#40 Posted : 5/13/2014 12:37:31 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:
Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:
Adjhart wrote:
ichgoftsf wrote:

Very happy

Surely, that is up for debate.

But the point is that there is a line; the brain and mind are different.

And nowhere in the definition of Neuroscience is the mind mentioned, right?
Tell you what, let's say we remove your brain and see if you still have the subjective perception of having a mind Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV123NEXT