We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
CAAPI TYPES (Personal experience) Options

maranello551
#1 Posted : 4/21/2014 3:26:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What are you personal experiences with different types of caapi. Could somebody please shed some light on the qualitative differences in the experience provided by each or at least some caapi type compared to at least one other? When I read this question, I tend to see people replying with a list of effects copied and pasted off some old forums but no personal experiences. A FOAF is planning on making San Paapi. He was thinking of using white caapi for this.

How does white compare in effects to yellow?

Black to Red? Etc..?

Experience only please.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 4/21/2014 4:00:36 AM

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=29967
This thread analyzes the different types of caapi which may be useful for you.

maranello551
#3 Posted : 4/21/2014 5:05:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've seen that thread numerous times, but I'm looking for more detailed, anecdotal personal experiences describing the qualitative differences in the feelings and visuals.

Thank you though.

۩
#4 Posted : 4/21/2014 5:28:52 AM

I personally never found much of a difference between the vines I used other than potency. This is why its good to verify batches from vendors with a bioassy if you can. If not start low, do a test brew of say 20g just in case its super potent.

I do however notice a difference between caapi and rue which I assume is from the harmaline and harmine ratios. I have tried harmaline and harmine on its own and my experiences coincide with this as well.

If anyone would know about various caapi's having unique effects it would be jamie.

maranello551
#5 Posted : 4/21/2014 7:38:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jamie huh? How can I find this guy?

In what way was rue as an maoi different from the caapi you've tried? Would you mind expounding on the various differences you perceived? Thanks in advance.

۩
#6 Posted : 4/21/2014 8:02:35 AM

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=13267

I found a good thread on the topic.

jamie
#7 Posted : 4/21/2014 6:02:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

THB I think I prefer rue as a regular teacher. I dont find it any less pleasant than caapi personally..I dont find the differences as drastic as others make them out to be. Rue is somewhat different..and it is beneficial to look beyond it as a simple ayahuasca analogue in my opinion and instead see a plant with a long history of human use with a complex mythology surrounding it as rich and elaborate as that of ayahuasca itself.

However, I have had Banisteriopsis Caapi that felt like it differed more from other caapi I have drunk than rue does..and I have had Banisteriopsis Caapi that was 3-4x the potency of other Banisteriopsis Caapi I have drunk..

This whole red, yellow, white, black vine thing(in the context of Banisteriopsis Caapi) I dont even want to address..becasue it means nothing when removed from the local amazonian folk context(s). There is no context for any of this by the time it comes from the jungle, to a vendor(and who knows how many) and then to you. Red vine to one currandero might mean Banisteriopsis Muricata, while some other vendor might have "red vine" that is Banisteriopsis Caapi..and white vine might mean one thing to one tribe or currandero and something else for another one. Botanically speaking, there is no difference..we have no relevant standard to compare here so it's a tiresome problem to attempt to deconstruct.

The only difference that is verifiable for us is between Tunkanaca and Caupuri ayahuasca, which are both still Banisteriopsis Caapi species and not even recognized as true botanical varieties, despite the obvious morphological differences. What differences might exist subjectivly for drinkers I cannot say.

I like to designate Banisteriopsis Muricata as red vine..and it makes a deep red brew. The effect of Muricata is extremely similar to that of Banisteriopsis Caapi. Other vines such as Alicia Anisopetala(called black ayahuasca by some) differ much more from caapi and rue both and dont even contain any known beta carbolines..to make this even more confusing, some vendors have sold alicia vine as "black caapi", essentially marketing it as if it is a strain of Banisteriopsis Caapi, which it definatly is not.

To make things even more confusing, we often talk about all these different strains of Caapi and the differences in effects, and then simply address Peganum Harmala as a single qualatative experience. Peganuma Harmala itself expresses a variety of alkaloid profiles based possibly on strain, time of harvest etc..and this is a phenomenon as far as I can tell that is largely unexplored. I do know of at least one person who works with both commercially available rue and rue he harvests himself in a region of turkey, and claims there is a very noticable difference in the quality of experience between the two strains.

So you see, I cannot even attempt to adequatly answer your question. All I ca do is address the inherant problems surrounding the answers that seem to be in circulation.
Long live the unwoke.

maranello551
#8 Posted : 4/21/2014 10:39:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great answer! Thank you very much. :]

maranello551
#9 Posted : 4/29/2014 5:59:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So how would one determine what Caapi to get for their experience? Is cielo yellow or white or neither? Is trueno black? What is ourinhos? There's so many options nobody remembers any subjective differences? So much confusion.