We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Impressed with Lime Tek Options

truthone
#21 Posted : 5/7/2014 12:57:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im going to try and make a really large crystal..any suggestions/tips?
truthone attached the following image(s):
DSCF7108.JPG (1,906kb) downloaded 468 time(s).
DSCF7119.JPG (1,801kb) downloaded 469 time(s).
DSCF7122.JPG (1,954kb) downloaded 471 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

truthone
#22 Posted : 6/4/2014 2:06:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

got these quartz like structures this time.
DSCF7171.JPG (1,907kb) downloaded 397 time(s).
DSCF7172.JPG (1,896kb) downloaded 397 time(s).

TiHKAL
#23 Posted : 6/6/2014 7:32:40 PM

Nullius in verba.

I'm really impressed with your extraction and diamonds truthone! Very well done and I'm hoping to read as well as learn more about your techniques.

truthone
#24 Posted : 7/16/2014 1:16:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Big snow globes on the 4th pull this time, along with small diamonds. this pull was evaporated quickly in around 6 hours.
DSCF7199.JPG (1,888kb) downloaded 289 time(s).
DSCF7200.JPG (1,880kb) downloaded 287 time(s).

truthone
#25 Posted : 7/16/2014 1:20:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another beautiful pattern.
DSCF7204.JPG (1,897kb) downloaded 287 time(s).

truthone
#26 Posted : 7/16/2014 1:24:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the kind words TiHKAL..They truly are something special to me and others who I gift them to.

TiHKAL
#27 Posted : 7/16/2014 6:47:51 AM

Nullius in verba.

Wow I don't think we've had snowglobes before truthone, looking great!
It's beautiful in what shapes DMT comes in!

dismany
#28 Posted : 9/16/2014 6:33:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you use the freezer or did you evap the solvent? And I'm guessing you used naphta?

benzyme
#29 Posted : 9/16/2014 7:10:35 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

truthone wrote:
Anyways, this tek was so easy, quick, and I didn't have to use the sep funnel (which just looks bad).

Thumbs down

your admitted paranoia has apparently jaded your view of established, effective methods;
and many of your pics show what looks like inorganic salts.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

desal
#30 Posted : 9/16/2014 7:35:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm no expert but that is some weird looking dmt in the last pics with the string

and a sep funnel looks bad? it's standard lab equipment, how does it look bad? and look bad to who? on second thought im guessing you mean it would look bad if someone else saw it? to which i have to ask, do you view what you are doing as a bad thing? otherwise why assume someone else would assume it is negative?

also.. easily stashing a bowl if someone knocks on the door? "looking bad" ?

are you doing this in your parents house against their will? or in a dorm room? either one of these could be bad news for you and the dmt community in general if the police were called..

truthone
#31 Posted : 9/16/2014 2:49:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes Benzyme..I was wondering the same thing. I'm pretty sure there can be inorganic clear salts, as I have found the fatty separations to be more powerful at times. But nonetheless, I like the dry tek much more than the others. For the one reason that it is just easier.
My paranoia has not jaded my view of the sep funnel. Its just not needed with the dry tek. And...It does look bad to someone seeing chemistry equipment in a home, and not in a lab. We can all thank the meth cooks for that. At the time of writing it, I was living in a first floor apartment with a lot of windows, and the front door attached to the kitchen. It would be a lot easier to stash a bowl over a funnel if there was a knock on the door.
I said these things as reasons why I prefer this tek over the others. And no, Desal; I do not think what I am doing is bad . DMT has helped me in so many ways as a person, and helped me help others as well. Love and Light to y'all.

truthone
#32 Posted : 9/16/2014 4:11:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dismany. ..i evaped, and seperated the fat saturated solvent from the clear crystals right at the end. Basically just poured solvent into another bowl to contiue evaping away from crystals that have already formed. This prevents the oils and fats from settling on them.

benzyme
#33 Posted : 9/16/2014 5:12:39 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

truthone wrote:
My paranoia has not jaded my view of the sep funnel. Its just not needed with the dry tek. And...It does look bad to someone seeing chemistry equipment in a home, and not in a lab. We can all thank the meth cooks for that.

fear perpetuates ignorance. we live in a very ignorant society which subscribes to fear, I' m neither going to thank them for that, nor make excuses for them.
*edit* you're right though. some states have policy makers which also subscribe to said fear, and have made laws prohibiting certain glassware based on meth manufacturing.

There exist blogs which use a rotary evaporator in the kitchen to make flavored reductions, liquors, and aromatherapy products. A distillation apparatus can be used to extract essential oils. I've lived in apartments for several years, and always made sure my flasks smelled like lemons.

that being said, dry teks are not as efficient for the transfer of ions as an aqueous medium; but if the dry tek is your preference, then enjoy. many of those pics do not look like pure-ish dmt free base, they look like ionic salts, especially the diamond-like ones
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Orion
#34 Posted : 9/16/2014 5:41:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
many of those pics do not look like pure-ish dmt free base, they look like ionic salts, especially the diamond-like ones

What exactly do you mean by this ? Is there a problem with these formations? They're not DMT but a salt? It's just that I've seen these formations on the forum before. How could these salts form from a non polar solution ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

benzyme
#35 Posted : 9/16/2014 6:00:46 PM

analytical chemist

that's what's puzzling. they shouldn't be soluble in a nonpolar solvent, unless there was some water in it.
a simple heat test would show if it's dmt base or not. salts won't melt at 40-60C.

truthone
#36 Posted : 9/16/2014 6:06:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They definitely melt with little heat, but if they were pure, i feel they would be stronger than the oil separations. Sometimes they are. Sometimes they are extermely powerful. Its too inconsistent for them to be pure i feel.

truthone
#37 Posted : 9/16/2014 6:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are either clear impurities, or its a density/smoking technique thing. They are never weak, and like i said, sometimes they are very powerful. They always seem to have the same "vibe" to the experience also. Whereas the fat/oil seperations are always different.

benzyme
#38 Posted : 9/16/2014 6:36:20 PM

analytical chemist

yea, those clear impurities are what i was referring to. they will stay clear over time, not turn yellow like dmt does.

Orion
#39 Posted : 9/16/2014 7:17:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=19058

Another post by CaptainFuture also with diamond formations after a lime tek. There is also an experience report claiming the crystals are stronger at 60mg than 100mg of DMT in another formation. Those dosages seem far too high but this confirms that CaptainFuture's diamonds weren't salts.

I still don't see how it's possible to get such a contaminant without an extremely obvious error like not separating an easily noticeable portion of the base layer (And it's a drytek so how could you make that mistake?).

Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

benzyme
#40 Posted : 9/16/2014 7:24:59 PM

analytical chemist

interesting..

at what temp do those crystals begin to melt? i wonder it this is the quasi-trans orientation of the ethyl-amine moiety.

PREV12