We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
loss of sense of smell? Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 4/17/2014 2:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been trying to avoid asking this.. and think its probibly a cold or sinusitis problem with the smell receptors in my nose but..
For the last week ..my sense of smell has disapeared 100percent so i cant smell anything.. but it has recently started returnuing then going away again...
I can still taste ok.. although some foods taste diferently now..
I doubt DMT is responsible for this.. but has anyone else ever lost sense of smell from DMT smoking?
just curious..

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ymer
#2 Posted : 4/17/2014 4:01:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While on DMT my sense of smell is a lot stronger.

thymamai
#3 Posted : 4/17/2014 7:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My mother lost her sense of smell with a face plant, falling off her bicycle at age 5.

Smoking has the same effect, but it isn't a permanent affair like that with the concrete, thankfully.

Mustelid
#4 Posted : 4/18/2014 11:53:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's interesting that there isn't a common word for loss of smell, like there is with other senses. Blind, without sight; Numb, without feeling; Deaf, without hearing; and American, without taste. Wink

I believe it might be evolutionarily in nature, somone blind or deaf can survive. Someone without a sense of smell is in great danger, not smelling predators, or a gas line left on and such.

starway6
#5 Posted : 4/18/2014 9:16:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just tryed a sinus decongestant inhaler today..and my .smell sense ..came back three seperate times within 10 minutes of using decongestant sinus inhaler lasting about two hours....!

Im not a doctor ..but that must mean that I have sinus congestion blocking my smell receptors..

Because strangly..i often can smell a little when blowing air .[out my nose?] ...

Ive had off and on sinus problems for years..I dont think its a neurological problem..

Im seeing a doc monday but am pretty shure its not more xerious than congestion or maybe an infection..