We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looks like salvia is going to be illegal this summer .. Options

Space
#1 Posted : 7/3/2009 3:57:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I was watching yesterday night, and what I've read recently, looks like salvia is going to be made illegal this summer in the UK, so get your seeds in. The goverment are apparently looking at legal highs and one of which is salvia. I absolutely hate how salvia has been sold. And because of those fuckers that sell it in head shops or online in colourfull packaging, making it look all cool, it's been sold to the wrong people, and gives the wrong image about it.

Because I'm passionate about this sort of shit, I sent an email to the guy who made the program for the bbc. I'm sure I speak for many here;

"Regardless of what people ingest, whether it be types of food, vitamins, prescription drugs, or 'legal highs' there's always going to be a small percentage of people who react negatively from it. I don't think it's the way to go, for the government to just ban everything. People are always going to find other ways round it, or do it regardless. Instead of making it illegal, the right way to do it, is to just control it better -more information on possible consequences, age restriction, limit to how much one can purchase, not selling to anyone with criminal convictions etc -there are ways. How about if one person is caught doing something wrong under the influence of it, making it illegal for them? not for everyone else.

It irritates me deeply, that people don't have the freedom to ingest what they want, if that person was doing harm to others fair enough, adjust that person positively, but I passionately think, that being 24 years of age I should have complete freedom over what goes in to MY body. Regardless of how much money/power a body has, who are they to control what is just as much a heritage from the earth to myself, as it is to them? and who's opinions are just as intangible as my own? I won't ever let anyone person on this planet have part ownership on my body, stopping me from doing what I know to be good for me.

Lastly, this has to be stated, look at the influences of alcohol. Violence, addiction, suicide, diseases, mental problems, murder the list goes on and on. And no one needs any statistics to know that alcohol has a higher percentage of the above occurrences than any other substance. But why is it legal? ..

Now I'm not saying that we should go ahead and make shit like heroin legal, just saying there's a better way of controlling the use of substances in a way which can be used positively."

Respect the herb

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 7/3/2009 4:21:40 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Do you have any links to back this up and get more information from?

Infinite I
#3 Posted : 7/3/2009 4:32:50 PM

JC

Good for you mate seen that programme myself last night.

Pure BS propoganda from the BBC, did you see the guy with the methylone and mephedrone at the end, then the presenter shows him a video from the 70's of these people messed up on "a cocktail of drugs" implying that that could happen to him, what is with these people? they didnt even say what cocktail those people took, just trying to get it in peoples minds that thats what could happen, pure b/s Rolling eyes :evil:

The presenter said many times yeah I worked in the music industry, so im an authority, basically Rolling eyes Having only taken cocaine and ecstasy christ. I agree their is a danger in these things because I wouldnt take them because just like pills on the street you dont know what your taking, but r-c's are pure chemicals which dont seem as risky, to me, and better than any legal pills ive tried in the past.

See I think people in the governments are involved in the illegal drug trade and they want to have a monopoly on things and the legal high market is a multi million pound industry.

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 7/3/2009 4:34:42 PM

JC

heres a link about it, sure you could get it on BBC i-player but it wont work in holland tried it last week myself.

http://forums.digiguide....ally%3F+showing+on+BBC+3

Space
#5 Posted : 7/3/2009 4:35:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Watched bbc legal highs, and been looking at news reports in regards to legal highs. It's just mentioned that the government's looking at the issue at the moment, and a ban could be in place for the end of july. There was nothing specific about salvia being banned, but if there looking at legal highs to ban, I can imagine salvia being right at the top.

Infinite I
#6 Posted : 7/3/2009 4:35:57 PM

JC

Space
#7 Posted : 7/3/2009 4:44:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it really did annoy me that program.

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 7/3/2009 5:15:20 PM

"No, seriously"

Time to grow your own salvia then? Or will that be illegal just like MJ?

Infinite I
#9 Posted : 7/3/2009 5:24:37 PM

JC

In the programme salvia does seem to be lumped together with the "herbal" E's etc. So maybe it would be included if any ban does appear, some people do see salvia like a popper or something similiar what with packaging etc. which is shame. And it is next to all the other things in the head shops.

Lucky for me Ive got a load of salvia plants, tried 20 large leaves earlier today, didnt get a thing yet again! Confused Crying or very sad Its really easy to grow and take cuttings from though, hard to go wrong!

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 7/3/2009 5:53:14 PM

"No, seriously"

Infinite I wrote:
Its really easy to grow and take cuttings from though, hard to go wrong!

Hmm, thats a shame.

In my experience Salvia is a hard bugger with a strong will to live. Today I let my young Salvia stay in direct sunlight for a tad too long, it was all wilted and it's leaves were hanging like one would after a day on a rope.

Then, after spraying some fresh water over it and carefully unfolding its leaves, it was back to life again in just over half an hour, like nothing happened. Really strong bugger!, I love this plant!

Infinite I
#11 Posted : 7/3/2009 6:02:30 PM

JC

Same thing happened to me last week, I was out for a couple of days and it was really warm, when I got back one of them was totally bent over all wilted, I thought it was a goner, I gave it a little water (with nutrients right enough) and a spray, in half an hour it was standing tall, I thought it was well dead, couldnt beleive it! Smile

balaganist
#12 Posted : 7/3/2009 8:52:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It would be a real shame, but not surprising.

I really hope, that in my lifetime I will see "drug" laws changed to something sane, accomodating and embracing of altered states of conciousness. The more I delve into "ethnobotanicals" and such the more ridiculous seems the current situation. It is not just these laws though, it is the whole of the game that western civilisation has built for itself. The game has focused on the control of physical reality... and forgotten about the deeper fabric on which reality is constructed.

It is ironic, IMO that it is the very plants that may help us save ourselves from ourselves, and help us to re-form a respectful relationship with the rest of life on earth, that get outlawed.

In any case, I have 3 s.d. plants currently, but still learning how to care for them... they are tough but temperamental in my experience!
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Raven
#13 Posted : 7/4/2009 9:42:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Space wrote:

The goverment are apparently looking at legal highs and one of which is salvia.

I find it absolutely abhorrent that "the government" should keep putting its nose into any kind of highs...especially "legal" in the case. I'm convinced the "mundane" & "spiritual stagnation" is what they seek to impose on all of humanity across the globe. Like drones.

I'm with you that other serious social issues need addressing first. We're all so screwed up because society (government included) continuously misguide people and hinder our spiritual growth and progress on this planet by imposing restrictions and limitations on our thought processes...ripping us away from our spiritual path. I find this a crime far more serious than anything else on this planet. No wonder the world is tearing each others eyes out.

I strongly believe they are trying their damnedest to integrate us into the huge "money making machine" through life long debts and fallacious ideals/needs which mean absolutely nothing to spiritual evolution. If life is a lesson and reincarnation was to be our path, humans are stuck here for a very long time. For their lessons will never be met while we lay encumbered by such weak actions and superstitions.

I'm new at DMT-NEXUS. PM and introduce yourself.
One day I will do DMT. I await the day it picks me.
There is a link between DMT, Meditation and dream experiences.

MalargueZiggy
#14 Posted : 7/4/2009 12:01:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't see the program so I can't really comment on that but I'm not going to start worrying about Salvia.

I think that this whole thing is more focused on things like GBL and BZP.

Read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/...gland/sussex/8116146.stm

---> There are a couple of related stories on the right hand side that are also interesting. It's alluded to in this article and I've seen it mentioned somewhere else - that if they want to they can schedule things very quickly.

Salvia has been around for years, these two drugs have only really 'emerged' recently. I reckon they'd have banned Salvia already if they were going to. The bottom line is deaths.

If there isn't the genuine potential for fatalities then I don't think they'll ban it. Those two drugs above seem to be able to definitely kill you when combined with alcohol. The government must recognise that they have the potential to be spread much more widely because they are more connected to 'the party scene' so they'll feel the need to act. Salvia isn't and by its nature won't be. Therefore it will never take up the space in the press that 'ecstasy replacements' do.

"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

Drake
#15 Posted : 7/5/2009 1:13:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MalargueZiggy wrote:
If there isn't the genuine potential for fatalities then I don't think they'll ban it.

Australia seem to have an easy time Banning Salvia from what I was told. Was made illegal quietly. If Australia can do such a thing, don't think the UK won't banned Salvia for no good reason.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Xstacy
#16 Posted : 7/5/2009 10:05:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

As Bill hicks stated, this is a war on personal freedom, not a war on drugs. The fact that any 'drug' is illegal while alcohol and tobacco are legal is retarded.

Meth is okay if a doctor writes you an Rx for it.

If you pay the right dealer you can get anything. The more they make illegal the more the black market for them will flurish. Millions a year in every country go to criminals because the governments are too stupid to take control and regulate all drugs.

You see they could make it so there are no meth(or at least very few)lab explosions. If you can go to any street corner, get ID'd then buy clean, uncut shit, 85-90%(maybe even more) of the population will NOT take the risk. Why should they? Its right around the corner?

But no its easier to make something illegal than to actually SOLVE the problem.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson