We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vice piece on melting Greenland ice scary stuff Options

Felnik
#1 Posted : 4/14/2014 12:06:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is extremely sobering stuff. The future is looking pretty bleak for
Humanity at this point . More people need to see this .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpEPyhqjRGg
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Kash
#2 Posted : 4/14/2014 5:15:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Wow that is pretty crazy. I knew that the polar regions were melting, but not at that rapid rate. What is funny is scientists having been warning about this for years, but of course, humans never listen until its too late and then they react as if it is some huge unforseen tragedy. And CO2 emissions are only going UP, accelerating global warming. Dont live on the coast I guess. Sad
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

۩
#3 Posted : 4/14/2014 6:28:39 AM

Every single one of us got to see the world in a state which it has existed for roughly 15% of its entire planetary life. That is not even a quarter of its existence.
We are coming out of an ice age and we are increasing this effect. It is a fact that can no longer be denied.
I hate to be so blunt, but say goodbye to the world you once knew.
It's already gone.

Endurance
#4 Posted : 4/14/2014 6:43:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.. thanks for sharing Felnik,

Although an informative video ,the environmental responses of a "global warming" (I hate using this term as it incorrect) are not fully understood. Even under a stabalized emission scenario (RCP4.5) there is still a large amount of uncertainty. As ۩ mentioned the earth has been around for a long while and undergoes larger climatic oscillations.. My concerns would be more in line with Stager (2011) where by our actions might prolong a possible glaciation of the majority of the earth.

Deep Future: The Next 100, 000 Years of Life on Earth, Curt Stager
(I have an electronic copy if anyone would like to read it, just drop me a pm)

.. an interesting book, written by a paleoenvironmental scientist.

For the most comprehensive, although extremely tedious to read, synthesis of climate science see the IPCC AR5, released last year. (Downloadable via google)

Endurance
#5 Posted : 4/15/2014 10:01:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

... that being said, I've just had a meeting with a co-author of a chapter in the WG2 report who expressed his concern to me about our current emission situation.. He strongly believes (although he won't openly say this to mainstream media) that this generation is in for some serious consequences.. A possible 4 degree C increase in temp by 2060... if we carry continue with current emissions..

Seems as though you're concerns are relevant ۩

Felnik
#6 Posted : 4/15/2014 1:20:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

4 degrees Celsius is a staggering number
That's 39 degrees Fahrenheit.
It's hard to imagine that.

It's looking like things are gonna get crazy.
Sadly I hold no hope that humanity will change course
abruptly. That tragedy of it is mind bending.
we're living in a global delusion , an engrained false belief system that's destroying
the entire planet . The whole thing is like a bad dream .

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Endurance
#7 Posted : 4/17/2014 9:36:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought I would post this link here.. A good climate resource (although everyone has their own preference) for staying up to date on climate science..

Pandora
#8 Posted : 4/17/2014 4:09:33 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Check your elevation and head to high ground. Invest in a canoe or kayak for daily commutes and give it one more blow - kiss America's wang bye bye.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU