We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Breaking through sensations? Options

vroom
#1 Posted : 8/14/2007 1:05:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would someone describe some general feelings before breaking through? my friend has definitely not broken through, but want to know if people experience their imagination gone wild.... or their minds eye become a bit off or more clear. For instance if swim imagines a friends face, instead of an image in their mind of just a face, that person could have a background or be more animated. Also is experiencing a bit of anxiety an effect of dmt or probably effect of the experience? My friend Has never tripped on ANYTHING before, so they are proceeding with caution. I know there is no clear cut "this is what happens", but would like some tips. Extent of the experience was colors, very minimal geometric shapes while eyes closed, like some weird screen saver, and a weird feeling like someone swimming up right into your face.... like vision underwater that is not so clear so your field of vision only extends 3-4 feet in front of you. The "swimming up to me" feeling felt a bit uncomfortable to me so i opened my eyes. Must only be at the front door knocking.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fredyjenkins
#2 Posted : 8/14/2007 1:30:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A definitive YES about the anxiety thing. To me it's bizarre that people dont mention it more. A breakthrough is like... you cant possibly imagine it and i cant describe it to you accuratly. I know what you mean about the '' building a picture in your minde thing ''. The ''visual'' ( i hate that word, psychedelics dont affect your eyes hehe ) part of the experience is built on the same construct that what you see when you try to imagine someone's face. But far more intense, and to me, almost impossible to manipulate with my willpower. Yeah, swirling colors and everything is some mild effect of DMT, believe me YOU WILL KNOW when you will breakthrough. You will lose body awareness. It's quick, it's intense, it's hard and it's completly world shatering.

Garulfo
#3 Posted : 8/14/2007 12:27:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would suggest to not try to breakthrought without a sitter. It's possible to have very nice visuals, feelings, insights... at 'mid-dose'. By nice visuals I mean crystal-clear 3D visions of incredible things, not blurry things or colored patterns. This does not requires a sitter. But breaking throught can lead to total fucking INSANITY if anxiety comes on it. My friend said me that for him, 'mid-dose' is a long hit, then he keep the smoke as long as he feels he can sit. When he feels that he must lay down, he expires the smoke and prepare to enjoy. If he feels the need to go deeper, he takes a first hit and with the second one he keeps the smoke longer, usualy until he forgot what breathing is.

vroom
#4 Posted : 8/17/2007 4:08:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

my friend is a bit more confused. He thinks he's been at the very edge of "breaking through" but maybe fought it off.... Things didn't make sense, felt like i was stopping short of going into a "vortex". Thinking processes very different and foreign. He had the quick mental impression of "something" touching his stomach. Then had to use the bathroom. once broken through, are you in something like a dream state? Still capable of walking talking? Do you still retain some sense of self, and internal thinking reasoning?

XENONSION
#5 Posted : 8/17/2007 4:43:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

When we are in hyperspace, you are in a trance so to speak, eyes shut but sorta feeling like your squinting sometimes. Always feel the eyes rapidly moving back and forth behind closed eyelids, but unable to control them. To someone else, it may look like you are asleep or passed out. When you take your dose, by the last hit (whichever one that is) you will almost instantly know "this is the one". Instead of the visuals coming on gentle, such as on a low dose (things just start to distort, warp, breath, etc then fade away), they come on quick and hard. You can feel your engines revving up, you hear that annoying tone, it's much more definitive then a lower dose. You may see a glimpse of the normal swirling hallucinations, but they are only scenery as you fly beyond them. Check out my report on my first breakthrough, i compared it with the lower doses prior to. http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...BB2/viewtopic.php?t=1204

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

XENONSION
#6 Posted : 8/17/2007 4:45:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:5a2cf692d6="vroom"]my friend is a bit more confused. He thinks he's been at the very edge of "breaking through" but maybe fought it off.... Things didn't make sense, felt like i was stopping short of going into a "vortex". Thinking processes very different and foreign. He had the quick mental impression of "something" touching his stomach. Then had to use the bathroom. once broken through, are you in something like a dream state? Still capable of walking talking? Do you still retain some sense of self, and internal thinking reasoning?[/quote:5a2cf692d6] there is a line you cross when you breakthrough, a veil, a membrane, a doorway to the other side. It's a really different trip on the other side. Not just geometric visuals crawling on the walls anymore, lol. T. Mckenna's description is very detailed, i suggest reading it if you haven't already http://deoxy.org/timemind.htm http://deoxy.org/h_twha.htm http://deoxy.org/h_t100p.htm http://deoxy.org/h_twhat.htm

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

vroom
#7 Posted : 8/17/2007 8:23:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes the squinting that is familiar! yes in this last exploration was came on fast! and that impending feeling how you put it "this is the one", and also observed audio effects. swim felt like he exhaled too quick, and fought the feeling. Swim was only trying to explore low doses as to get better oriented, and did not have a sitter. dose seemed same as before maybe a deeper breath, but either way was surprised at how quickly things took hold. my buddy Thanks you for your comments, Feels comforting to get a reference point.

Garulfo
#8 Posted : 8/17/2007 3:44:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:6422cb4512]once broken through, are you in something like a dream state?[/quote:6422cb4512] No [quote:6422cb4512] Still capable of walking talking? [/quote:6422cb4512] Ah ah, No. And what to do ? [Edit] Hmm with a LOT of effort, maybe talking, never tried tough. [quote:6422cb4512]Do you still retain some sense of self, [/quote:6422cb4512] No, it is when you are in your 'normal' state that you retain some "sense of self" Pleased In breakthrough state you remember that you are *THE SELF* [quote:6422cb4512]and internal thinking reasoning?[/quote:6422cb4512] Yes.

zero
#9 Posted : 8/17/2007 5:40:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm. Well I guess different strokes for different folks, but in my experience, a true breakthrough will take you entirely out of your meat body, out of the world of consensus reality and immerse you completely in a new dimension. The only remaining inkling of my human life is my mind, which is sober and lucid and cognitive in this other dimension. It's as though the soul/spirit/atman that drives my vehicle is vacuumed clean out of my meat body and into a new place. I can cognize and be aware of the experience but as far as any tactile sensation pertaining to the physical world, none is present whatsoever. It is only when I am gently (or sometimes abruptly) delivered back into my meaty space suit that I remember, "ohhhh... oh yes, this old thing... i am human." It's amazing too, after almost every breakthrough I have, just before I'm delivered back into my body I hear the soft whisper of "Dont forget this... dont forget this feeling" As to the origianl poster, I would say that you haven't quite been close to a true breakthrough and that may be for one of a few reasons. Either you are just not taking enough BIG LONG SLOW tokes, or the quality of your bark/spice is low.

vroom
#10 Posted : 8/17/2007 6:30:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

my friends not exactly trying to smash through. With no prior experience to tripping of any sort he wants to be prepared in whatever way possible. Letting go sounds like an essential theme and I suppose I need to define that.

XENONSION
#11 Posted : 8/17/2007 6:58:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:6e608be9d4="vroom"]my friends not exactly trying to smash through. With no prior experience to tripping of any sort he wants to be prepared in whatever way possible. Letting go sounds like an essential theme and I suppose I need to define that.[/quote:6e608be9d4]you can try to be prepared, but it wont do much good. lol. Hyperspace is just so alien, it's hard to prepare for something when you've got no idea what to expect. To prepare for a low dose, just be chill. Try to remain calm when your preparing your dose and stuff. Anxiety is un-avoidable if you ask me. Butterfly's in your stomach is normal. On a high dose, "let go" is the key. Be passive, let it come and pass. You are just there to observe. No matter what happens in hyperspace, none of it will hurt you, The more you experiment, the easier it becomes.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

vroom
#12 Posted : 8/19/2007 6:57:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

losing sense of self is a distinct aspect though? Recently my friend has had more intense experiences. Very briefly saw a "squid" man come face to face with him and check him out, seemed like swim had seen in more fuzzy in a lower dose previously. very intense distortion of my normal perception. Was fascinated by what i saw but still knew where i was etc.... Swim Really tried, toked like a champ to break through (could be spice qaulity i suppose. Keeping eyes open seemed more intense then closed, sitting up changed the experience also. While during swims trip he became aware that his perception of what breaking through might be like has become a mental concept that not neccessarily will match up to the real experience.

fredyjenkins
#13 Posted : 8/19/2007 7:59:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:0f083c2dc5="vroom"]losing sense of self is a distinct aspect though? Recently my friend has had more intense experiences. Very briefly saw a "squid" man come face to face with him and check him out, seemed like swim had seen in more fuzzy in a lower dose previously. very intense distortion of my normal perception. Was fascinated by what i saw but still knew where i was etc.... Swim Really tried, toked like a champ to break through (could be spice qaulity i suppose. Keeping eyes open seemed more intense then closed, sitting up changed the experience also. While during swims trip he became aware that his perception of what breaking through might be like has become a mental concept that not neccessarily will match up to the real experience.[/quote:0f083c2dc5] hum, usually, the full breakthrought thing is earth shatering. The few times it has happend to me, i lost awareness of my body, of the ground beneath me, and of both the eifel tower in france and the pyramids of egypt. It's like being straped to a nuclear rocket that is humming like a thousand hyperdrived antimatter computers. Then you go through a kaleidoscopic pattern/tunel. At the point of going through, you have only a small shard of identity left and this residual piece of you mentally screams '' FUCK , FUCK, THIS IS IT IM FUCKING DEAD, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ''. Then you grip yourself to last piece of sanity left in you, some weeeeiirrrdddd things happen, and before you know it, you're back ! And you have open eyed visuals like a good strong acid trip. Then, at this very moment, with the strong after trip bursting in your mind, you can walk/talk. But please dont try to drive or operate machinery. To me, the craziest thing about this whole affaire is that we do come back. This is pretty weird! Like mckenna said : '' there is no further you can go and come back, This is the most profound dislocation of the mind one can undergo '' Pretty much, on a high dose breakthough, the only thing i can do is zone out : put the pipe on the desk, lay myself on the bed. Oh yeah, i never tried to smoke it while standing and i never will, that should tell you something. Pleased One time, i made one of my close aquaintance smoke some DMT. He took three large inhalations. Afterward, he told me that the last thing he remebered from the mundane world while holding the last toke in his lungs was me saying : '' strap yourself in ''. He said that he then saw his entire vision of the surrounding scenery and evrything instantly MORPH together. BBZZZZIIIIRRRGIRIIZZZZ ----- VVVVVRRWAAAAPPPPP --- Welcome to the machine! Very happy

Garulfo
#14 Posted : 8/19/2007 10:53:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vroom, Internal thinking is still somehow working, but its purpose in that state is not important, just usefull to say to yourself "[u:be5a60d8c0]FUCK , FUCK, THIS IS IT IM FUCKING DEAD, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT [/u:be5a60d8c0]" Pleased I would suggest you to forget about pre-conception of what you have or not have to experiment/feel. Try it differently, before smoking, think about an important question for you, something that really matter. Think about it for several minutes. Then fill your lungs and just SEE what happens. If you reached the state where visuals are the same with open eyes or close eyes, then you are almost there, just let go (easy to say of course).

El Ka Bong
#15 Posted : 8/20/2007 8:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

great reads here .. tell me more .. !remind me more ! ... I have 'some' experience .. but I am thinking I'm just a newbie too. It's been awhile and I have forgotten lots. Most of what I recall from breakthroughs is the white-out / white-light AllTHatIs ... and then the coming to again. I have wondered if the zoom into the white light is a 5-Me-O-dmt comtaminant..? ( ..or I'm that much of a newbie...). I recall saying the same: " OMFG I could never wish this upon anyone !" but then it happens ... flipped inside out through a tight hole ... I have bumped off the threshold many times, but obviously not crossed it enough ... hmmm !~? So tell us more !

vroom
#16 Posted : 8/23/2007 12:54:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend thinks his method of smoking is what's limiting him. This or quality. So far mixing with herbs has been only successful method. glass tube doesn't seem to vaporize enough for inhalation.

vroom
#17 Posted : 8/23/2007 7:48:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Also, anyone else feel like they "now get that channel" ? Dmt experience (even though they have not broken through) is such a unique feeling its as though its a method of thinking??? Words are difficult to describe, but since swims has been experimenting he feels like if he could concentrate hard that he could hear a whisper in the back of his mind.... more minds eye images, and nothing fluid and persistent, but flashes of mental imagery.

Clover
#18 Posted : 8/23/2007 8:12:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

the initial anxiety i know all about. my first try was a low dose and i remember the distinct feeling of fear at the world quickly changing but then thinking to myself no no no, this is what is supposed to happen, dont resist the change embrace it. and then i let go. ive never broken through but i hope to soon.
The spice must flow

zero
#19 Posted : 8/23/2007 4:29:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Freebasing can be very tricky and requires some practice to get a good technique down. The easiest way to get a breakthrough everytime (if the entities of hyperspace allow you so) is to make the parsley parfait in a dry bong... and be generous with the spice! Put a fat layer of DMT in there, when you've had enough, believe me, you'll know. I found, long ago, that one of the reasons some people dont breakthrough when using this method is because of the parsley layer on top. Since the DMT is covered thoroughly with parsley, the first toke or two are more parsley and less DMT. Now, most folks go with the old "3 tokes and you're there". Well, you need 3 nice tokes of DMT smoke though. I say it's usually 4, sometimes 5 tokes using this method. One thing is for certain... 3 lungfuls of actual quality DMT and you will land yourself in another dimension entirely.

Garulfo
#20 Posted : 8/23/2007 6:30:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is not a smoker and indeed needed several tries to get the trick with freebase pipe... but considering the low amount he needs to reach interresting states, and no waste of precious material, he definitvly stick with freebasing. It's not *that hard*, just a good balance between inhalation and heating. 2 lungfull hits is largely enough that way.

12NEXT