We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Bust - Indiana University Student Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 4/10/2014 5:32:56 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Quote:
An Indiana University student faces drug charges after undercover police officers found he was making the hallucinogenic drug DMT in his apartment Monday night.

The drug, dimethyltryptamine, is synthesized from root and tree barks and plant mixtures. When smoked, DMT can cause powerful psychedelic experiences.

Bogdan Jevtic, 20, 401 S. Woodlawn Ave., faces felony charges of dealing in a narcotic drug, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana or a synthetic drug and a misdemeanor charge of possession of paraphernalia.

Undercover police officers went to Jevtic’s apartment in the 400 block of South Woodlawn Avenue about 8:15 p.m. Monday. After finding DMT and more than 30 grams of marijuana in plain view in the living room, officers obtained a search warrant.

“There was a large glass jar with the dark colored DMT liquid in the living room. Inside the freezer, we found a jar of DMT being chilled, which is part of the process in making DMT,” a probable cause affidavit on the case reads.

Police found a jar with more than 30 grams of marijuana in the living room, and found another 30 grams of marijuana in the freezer.

Jevtic admitted to owning the DMT and marijuana police found in the apartment, the report states.

Police also discovered $1,350 in cash in a locked box, 8.7 grams of a white powdered substance, prescription pills, lye drain cleaner, paint thinner and glass jars used to dry the DMT.

Jevtic was booked into the Monroe County Jail at 9:57 p.m. Monday. He was released at 1 a.m. Wednesday after posting a $20,000 surety, $500 cash bond.

Source

Thanks to shaneduddy2!
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

anon_003
#2 Posted : 4/10/2014 5:45:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, I am extremely familiar with the "psychedelic scene" in bloomington, having a large majority of my friends at school there! And, I will be there this weekend; will definitely ask around.
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ymer
#3 Posted : 4/10/2014 6:05:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"making"

"synthesized"

Stop

shanedudddy2
#4 Posted : 4/10/2014 6:11:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pleased just call me Neo

Quote:

An Indiana University student faces drug charges after undercover police officers found he was making the hallucinogenic drug DMT in his apartment Monday night.

The drug, dimethyltryptamine, is synthesized from root and tree barks and plant mixtures. When smoked, DMT can cause powerful psychedelic experiences.

Bogdan Jevtic, 20, 401 S. Woodlawn Ave., faces felony charges of dealing in a narcotic drug, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana or a synthetic drug and a misdemeanor charge of possession of paraphernalia.

Undercover police officers went to Jevtic’s apartment in the 400 block of South Woodlawn Avenue about 8:15 p.m. Monday. After finding DMT and more than 30 grams of marijuana in plain view in the living room, officers obtained a search warrant.

“There was a large glass jar with the dark colored DMT liquid in the living room. Inside the freezer, we found a jar of DMT being chilled, which is part of the process in making DMT,” a probable cause affidavit on the case reads.

Police found a jar with more than 30 grams of marijuana in the living room, and found another 30 grams of marijuana in the freezer.

Jevtic admitted to owning the DMT and marijuana police found in the apartment, the report states.

Police also discovered $1,350 in cash in a locked box, 8.7 grams of a white powdered substance, prescription pills, lye drain cleaner, paint thinner and glass jars used to dry the DMT.

Jevtic was booked into the Monroe County Jail at 9:57 p.m. Monday. He was released at 1 a.m. Wednesday after posting a $20,000 surety, $500 cash bond.

anrchy
#5 Posted : 4/10/2014 8:06:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dark colored DMT liquid eh? These people should be held accountable for not using the correct terminology. If you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't be talking. Uhg
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Du57mi73
#6 Posted : 4/10/2014 10:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a shame.. But it does sound like he was selling. They had to have been tipped off somehow..
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

bindu
#7 Posted : 4/10/2014 11:34:42 PM

anrchy wrote:
Dark colored DMT liquid eh? These people should be held accountable for not using the correct terminology. If you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't be talking. Uhg

well thats not how it works if you are intentionally spreading misinformation

I really wonder if the guy was selling it and i strongly believe that dmt is not something that should be easy to obtain in exchange for money without much knowledge about it.

Definitely not commodity material in my opinion
blessed be all forms of intelligence

Cosmic Spore
#8 Posted : 4/10/2014 11:47:32 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

"8.7 grams of a white powdered substance" may not be selling, though I'd like to know too.

The money could be from legit sources of money, just inside the same locked box.

null24
#9 Posted : 4/11/2014 11:22:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Cosmic Spore wrote:
"8.7 grams of a white powdered substance" may not be selling, though I'd like to know too.

The money could be from legit sources of money, just inside the same locked box.

Could beConfused
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 4/11/2014 11:48:29 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

What good does speculation do?

No one should have to deal with the inhumanity of incarceration, especially not for possessing, using, or even (gasp) distributing psychoactive compounds.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

adam
#11 Posted : 4/12/2014 9:00:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While I agree that incarceration is inhumane, as someone who has lived in dorms and college housing I have to question this persons intelligence. The dorms and apartments I have lived in there was no such thing as being discreet, and someone selling drugs in a dorm likely knows full well the possible consequences. I simply hope that people learn from stories like this. So far as I know, no one has been busted doing extractions at home for themselves or sharing these substances as gifts. I wonder about the intentions of this student.

I know people who sell dmt and it makes me sad that someone would sell this for money, makes me wonder if they even used it correctly themselves. Maybe I am naive but I hold people who use DMT to a higher standard myself. Anyhow I guess what I am getting at is being intelligent; this a perfect instance of exactly what not to do, and its people like this that ruin it for people like us here.

Be PATIENT wait until you move out of your dorm or your parents house and do it right, do it safely and responsibly as you can, it is in your best interest and the best interest of the community!

Orion
#12 Posted : 4/12/2014 2:43:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:

The less they know, the better imo. It's fun to have the forces remain laughable, it will only be to our credit in the end. Part of the process of people waking up is having a bit of a laugh at the stupidity.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

indydude19
#13 Posted : 4/12/2014 4:52:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about that! i was down at IU some what recently and have a decent amount of friends there too! Kind of spooky that happening. Sounds like he should have exercised more caution with many things though. A good reminder that we can never be to careful!
I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I became human. Then why fear disappearance through death? Next time I shall die, Bring forth wings and feathers like angels; After that, soaring higher than angels-- What you cannot imagine, I shall be that.

Any speakings written are the purely fictional ramblings of an illiterate grande taco, and are false in the face of truth when judged by the all-father. They are in no way real.

pitubo
#14 Posted : 4/12/2014 5:04:08 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Orion wrote:
The less they know, the better imo. It's fun to have the forces remain laughable, it will only be to our credit in the end. Part of the process of people waking up is having a bit of a laugh at the stupidity.

Meanwhile the herd of asleeple sits in front of the tv news and shudders at the horror of those drug addicts ingesting drain cleaner...

Nathanial.Dread
#15 Posted : 4/14/2014 9:46:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Removed

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 4/14/2014 10:40:17 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Please do not post incriminating details or speculation on the DMT-Nexus.

People have served long jail sentences as the result of mere insinuations.

Practice good security culture...keep yourself and the community as safe as possible.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Pandora
#17 Posted : 4/17/2014 4:04:08 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Crap. Oh well, gotta say, compared to the other busts detailed over time, this one was one of the most accurate. Other than that painful irony, absolutely nothing is funny here. At least one life has been changed if not ruined. I preach and try to practice discretion when it comes to highly illegal activity or substances.

Personally, I don't sell or deal even though we live at the poverty level of income. It is not my mission to police the internet or festivals or neighbors when it comes to these activities and substances. When I was active in chat I booted a few folks over time for discussion of commerce, as it is the policy of The Traveler, Owner and Admin, of this site. He explains his concerns well and I think it is a good idea to stand by them when HERE at the Nexus.

Just because we discovered something positively numinous in its' nature, does not elevate us to be able to condemn others for their paths imo. For all of you who think you have to protect something, get over it, flush your silly boy buck drama. And remember, ever since that very fascinating book 'The Spirit Molecule' was made into a movie and Joe Rogan discovered his ultimate Fear Factor, the flood gates were opened. Once this happens with something no one or group can ever put the genie back into the bottle.

Thus I stand by my PERSONAL policy of attempting to practice discretion, hand in hand with a knowledge of what few rights remain. Everything in this realm (scheduled subtances) that can cause unnecessary suffering should be attended to and commented on by fellow humans with caring, offers and actions that attempt to lessen this universal suffering in humans.

A few loose comments, lack of discretion, friends having not so bright boy moments, etc. could change everything for most of us. Don't know about you but I would still be in jail, as $20k is our yearly income.

P.S. Thanks as always Snozzleberry for keeping us posted. Hehe, I used to have key DMT terms in google search, but that really freaked Nemo out. So, thanks again.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

hixidom
#18 Posted : 4/19/2014 1:02:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

He would've been busted if the cops were merely responding to a noise complaint. The lesson is not to leave illegal drugs lying in plain sight. You may not think much of it, but the cops are always looking over your shoulder for stuff like that no matter what they were originally called for.

Otherwise, this could happen to just about any of us. You do the extraction in a day or two and you put the supplies away. Whether the cops (or apartment personnel) have business in your area in that window of time is at least partially a matter of luck. The most you can do is keep the extraction supplies out of sight until it is done.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Entheogenerator
#19 Posted : 4/19/2014 11:32:49 AM

Homo discens

hixidom wrote:
Otherwise, this could happen to just about any of us. You do the extraction in a day or two and you put the supplies away. Whether the cops (or apartment personnel) have business in your area in that window of time is at least partially a matter of luck. The most you can do is keep the extraction supplies out of sight until it is done.

To some extent, yes. But it goes without saying that one must do everything in their power to maintain a low profile when something like this is going on in their residence. Things like noise complaints are easily avoidable. Confused
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Pandora
#20 Posted : 4/19/2014 7:32:08 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Again, discretion counts for a lot. That along with knowing what few rights remain to you. For example, if there is a fire in this unit, folks may enter without notice. We have a person here 24/7, there are almost no hours where we are both asleep (getting older is SO much fun Laughing ). We have a LOT of fire extinguishers, a couple in each room (except bathroom) and one always within easy reach. Also, if a neighbor unit burns we are okay, as the walls are made of cinder block. I tend to extract late at night, fan fumes out the window like from 3-4:30 a.m. and do very small extractions, 50-100 grams of starting material at most.

I also know for a fact that our building owner and manager may NOT enter our unit without 24 hours notice. That has helped TREMENDOUSLY in the past. We keep all our extraction materials and equipment (ghetto and mistakeable for other stuff though it is) in a very large Rubbermaid carry box that can just be ditched in a dumpster (hopefully temporarily) or left with a good friend if invasion is imminent.

So, good luck and lots of discretion. I mean seriously, 1,447,932,406 seconds of life and never one arrest. It IS doable if you are careful, know your rights, wait until you are in the right situation/location, and keep it small/boutique and just for yourself.

I hate to hear about lives changed/ruined by drug charges. Crazy buttocked society is happy to send those same citizens to war or have them damage their bodies and brains irrevocabily with alcohol and prescription drugs.

But, hey, preaching to the choir on this on, right guys?
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU