We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Limo Q2121 with ACRB 1%yield TIPS for those interested. Options

cubeananda
#1 Posted : 4/9/2014 3:58:27 AM

jai

Just reporting results from a very simple convenient TEK with detailed description for those with doubts and looking to extract.

Will post advice that you can find elsewhere in the forum but the intent is to make it easier to find.

The acid then base portion of this TEK is ludicrously simple. My only advice is to stir up the acid and bark whenever little dark pools form at the top. Do that over a period of like half an hour.

After adding base and stirring and adding enough base until it is right I generally let it sit for a day. Considering the solid yield I achieved I recommend this route.

The results I have seen so far are from the first set of 3 Limonene pulls (adding and mixing in calcium hydroxide between each pull. After that I added more base and am letting is sit for a couple of days to do another few pulls.

The next important thing is multiple saltings. I used vinegar and I find absolutely no problems with this as a salt if you intend to freebase it. However when it comes to salting with Limonene, it is quite useful to know that letting the jar of vinegar water and dmt-acetate saturated Limonene sit for a few hours will make most of he DMT acetate which was salted fall out of the Limonene and be absorbed by the water. The jar can then be frozen for an easier separation of the Limonene and water. (Note: I believe this taints the Limonene much more quickly and these conveniences are fairly costly if you intend to repeatedly extract this way. The prolonged contact of the vinegar and Limonene I suspect draws impurities into the Limonene from vinegar.)

After all of this I highly recommend salting the Limonene again as there will definitely be more alkaloids which were not converted into acetates)

So whether you combine multiple saltings or not (as it is a fairly slow but labor-relaxed process) I always reduce the water which I'm left with on a stove. Please hold the pot at an angle and there is a possibility for some to just rest the pot in some fashion.

When you have reduced to a point where it's changing color (though not necessary) wait for the pot to cool before putting the water in a glass Pyrex pan! It will otherwise burn your alkaloids.

When freebasing alkaloids from acetates either sodium carbonate or bicarbonate will work. However, I recommend using sodium carbonate because the vinegar and sodium carbonate will form lovely light tan clumps which are much easier to decant from. With sodium bicarbonate some of the 99% Iso will be absorbed by it and it will also mostly likely slow your filtration process. You want more room in your filter for the isopropyl alcohol. If you used enough of it initially and broke down the clumps of sodium carbonate well you theoretically don't need to do more than 1 wash. But this depends on how much alkaloids you suspect is in the clumps. The alcohol will be noticeably yellow at high concentrations of alkaloids and if it is not then you are working with excess alcohol.

At this point I put a scarf over my nose and mouth, open some windows and doors and turn on some fans an WITH EXTREME CAUTION gently heat the dish of alcohol with my heater unit until left with just a film of alkaloids.

If you see a cloud of alcoholic vapor sitting over the dish I recommend removing the heat source and stepping away from the dish for a minute.

If you tilt the dish and heat the pool that forms it can really speed up the process. When the pool and/or glass is warm enough I suggest tilting the glass around because the increase of surface area will cause the evaporation to happen very quickly.

IME this evaporation process is quite safe other than the vapor(hold your breath often and this vapor is NO JOKE I highly recommend not to f*%k up with this)

The auto-ignition temperature of 99% is 750 degrees Fahrenheit
(400 degree C)

You will be choking on iso vapor before it explodes, so as stated before if you see a cloud of vapor remove the heat source and step away.

Also in my experience with multiple saltings, the second salt yielded 260 mg of crystals/clumps while the first salting yielded 1.8 grams of goo. I did not have time to do any more saltings yet but when I do I will update results.

Obviously there is a lot more alks to get out of this process and I think the key thing here was basing between pulls.

My ACRB is very good, is completely powdered and I have not frozen and thawed. Perhaps that is another thing to try.

With at least a 1% yield I am happy with this Eco friendly tek so far.

Good luck an thanks for reading.

Edit: if you have any tips for me please do share I'm sure this could be improved.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Entheogenerator
#2 Posted : 4/9/2014 6:34:11 AM

Homo discens

I would not recommend evaporating isopropyl alcohol without adequate ventilation. You might consider doing it outside, if you are unable to achieve adequate ventilation inside. Isopropyl alcohol is toxic. IIRC inhaling the vapor can cause brain and nerve damage, so obviously fume inhalation should be avoided at all costs.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine