We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can you test mushrooms with Bunk Police kits? Options

unityofopposites
#1 Posted : 4/6/2014 8:14:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the Bunk Police testing kits marquis, ehrlich, and mandelin. I was curious, could you use these on wild mushrooms to test for psilocybin? I imagine you would have to use a lot of liquid to cover the fungi material. But would that work? If it did could there be a false positive? I have Stamets' Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World to help out. Also, do these kits go bad? After how long? I've kept them at room temperature for 2 months now.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

greensnotgeekberry
#2 Posted : 4/6/2014 8:57:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

unityofopposites wrote:
I have the Bunk Police testing kits marquis, ehrlich, and mandelin. I was curious, could you use these on wild mushrooms to test for psilocybin?

i doubt it.
everything i say is a work of fiction!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 4/6/2014 8:59:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you do a concentrated alcohol soak on some mushrooms and drop ehrlich on it, it should turn purple after some moments, if it contains psilocybin or other indole compounds.

I am unaware if there are possible poisonous mushrooms that also have indole compounds in them and could result in a false positive.

Best is if this is only done as a secondary confirmation, and that you can go with someone familiar with mushrooms in your area till you learn the subtleties in identifying shrooms, the local look alikes, etc.

The kits usually last a few months to a couple of years depending on how they are stored.. Some are less stable, such as ehrlich IIRC... Better store in the freezer if possible.

greensnotgeekberry, what reagent did you use and what was the color result?

unityofopposites
#4 Posted : 4/6/2014 9:15:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info endlessness. But what of fresh or dried mushrooms? High proof alcohol is illegal in this state. I'm probably going to try this this june for field experience but I don't know yet about consumption, unless it matches a psilocybin mushroom, purple-brown spore print, blue bruising ect, Should I put all three kits in the freezer then?

greensnotgeekberry
#5 Posted : 4/6/2014 9:57:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i would give up on the idea tbh.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/6/2014 10:11:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

unityofopposites wrote:
Thanks for the info endlessness. But what of fresh or dried mushrooms? High proof alcohol is illegal in this state. I'm probably going to try this this june for field experience but I don't know yet about consumption, unless it matches a psilocybin mushroom, purple-brown spore print, blue bruising ect, Should I put all three kits in the freezer then?

Both should work, fresh or dried. If you dont have alcohol, might be worth a try just using some warm water, though I`d try testing both the solution itself and also first evaporating the water and testing the resulting goo. Not sure how much it would affect but its worth a try..

Yeah, you should use many different aspects to identify, and also you should already know about what you might find in your area, to narrow down the possibilities.

Do put the reagents in the freezer Smile

greensnotgeekberry, that`s not the appropriate reagent for testing ketamine. It is more recommended totest more than with just one reagent. The more the better, and in the case of ketamine, you should def use mandelin as one of the reagents. Check my signature's colorimetric link for more info.

greensnotgeekberry
#7 Posted : 4/6/2014 10:18:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
greensnotgeekberry, that`s not the appropriate reagent for testing ketamine. It is more recommended to use

yea i knows, but pol didn't. Was banged up for 4 nights untill i got them to test hosp ket, then they let me out...Laughing

unityofopposites
#8 Posted : 4/6/2014 11:40:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

greensnotgeekberry wrote:
unityofopposites wrote:
I have the Bunk Police testing kits marquis, ehrlich, and mandelin. I was curious, could you use these on wild mushrooms to test for psilocybin?

them kits are so crap they would test any white powder for a banned drig, you can betch life on dat. I had fun in a forein country when they tested my ket and said it was pos for coke. So we bought ket from a hospital and got that tested again-same result!

Kits are crap!

I would really like to know, in which country can you buy ketamine from a hospital? Or has hospitals that even keep ketamine?

greensnotgeekberry
#9 Posted : 4/6/2014 11:44:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That's my secret, but it was in a Latin American country.

pitubo
#10 Posted : 4/7/2014 12:33:57 AM

dysfunctional word machine

endlessness wrote:
I am unaware if there are possible poisonous mushrooms that also have indole compounds in them and could result in a false positive.

The presence of indole compounds is not logically an indication of the absence of any dangerous toxins!

endlessness wrote:
Best is if this is only done as a secondary confirmation, and that you can go with someone familiar with mushrooms in your area till you learn the subtleties in identifying shrooms, the local look alikes, etc.

I emphatically agree with the notion of being able to identify the look alikes. Only ever pick the ones you know and of which you know all possible look alikes in the local mycoflora. Take at least three years to become familiar with the art of mushroom hunting if you cannot have an expert inspect all your pickings. Don't trust a chemical kit to do the identification for you. Don't trust one book or two pictures on the internet either. It's not a good substitute for the real thing!

If you want to pick mushrooms in the wild, take your time and make a proper study of the subject.

If you want to eat shrooms, just grow some cubes from a kit as you can buy them from the internet.

ManicMongrel
#11 Posted : 4/7/2014 8:35:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Test kits are meant for simple mixtures like pills, powders. Dirty street drugs give random results. Testing organic tissue in general will often show some amount of indoles.

Mushrooms often have serotonin, so you might get a lot of false positives.

If you plan to start hunting actives then spore prints are your test kit, all the most poisonous ones make prints that are fairly easy to recognize. Even better, the actual good ones have very distinct gill and print color. Typically rust brown, yellow, yellow-brown and white are alert labels for the deadly.

Blue bruising is not uncommon outside the psilocybe and panaeolus families.