We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
International Drug Analysis Service now available! Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 4/6/2014 11:37:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Happy to share with you this news Smile

International Drug Testing Service

60 euros per sample, payment in bitcoins, paypal or banktransfer. It is tested with GC and LC-MS, and substances can also be quantified.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Vodsel
#2 Posted : 4/6/2014 12:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Tremendous service and news. Thank you for sharing!

Not that is needed after endlessness sharing it, but I want to emphasize the great, professional work Energy Control has been doing for years in substance testing.

Absolutely reliable and recommendable.

SKA
#3 Posted : 4/6/2014 1:51:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

We have a similair drug testing lab in the Netherlands. Had it for quite a number of years. I think it was founded in the 90's when MDMA became wildly populair and caused more and more casualties.

Well anyways....50 euros to test a compound? Seems rather expensive and therefor counterproductive.
It should be free so nothing would deter drug users to have their drugs tested; It is free as far as I know over here.

I understand hiuring chemists, a lab and alot of equipment costs money, but I thought such testlabs were government funded? And if the public must take part in it's funding: Let them pay 3 to 5 euros per every sampled compound.
No more.

Vodsel
#4 Posted : 4/6/2014 3:13:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

EC is an NGO project that delivers anonymous, confidential analysis for illegal substances aiming at harm reduction, taking anonymous payment as well. And as far as I know, no one will be making profit for that other than to invest and improve their services if feasible.

Obviously public funding does not cover here at all the money required for wages, communication, infrastructure, other activities performed by EC (such as attendance to festivals for harm reduction) and, on top of that, the custom analysis work.

It seems a little bold to judge and decide what should be charged or not without knowing the funding details of EC and ignoring the political reality. Should we have available an international reliable analysis service free of charge? Sure. Now let's gather public funds to keep the organization running and delivering with at most a symbolic shipping fee for every analysis requested, of course keeping the analysis anonymous, confidential and open to anyone. If you can provide that or know anyone who does, in the Netherlands, Spain or any other country, we'll be happy to know.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 4/6/2014 4:18:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this is a great service, even though the price point might prohibit extensive news. But if you own bigger quantities of an unknown substance, or you plan on sharing it with your friends, it might very well be worth testing it first. For widespread adaptation, i guess it can't be more expensive than 10€-15€ or something, but it is great to know that it exists. Thumbs up

I hope this organisation will be able to gather support from donors to bring down the price.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/6/2014 6:09:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA, you are free to offer your own analysis service if you think you can make it cheaper Pleased

In the meanwhile, Energy Control is doing a tremendous job doing free analysis for all spanish people, and now offering the only international analysis service in the world for as cheap as they could. They have just been given a loan for a new GC-MS which costs many thousands of euro which they have to pay back (not to mention all the rest of the work which is only partly paid by the government).

If you want cheaper analysis and something you can test at home, stay tuned for TLC kits this summer, I`ll keep you all informed, we`re finally getting that sorted. But for those that need an exact analysis, to completely elucidate the chemical components in some sample with great precision, now they can already use EC`s international service Smile

expandaneum
#7 Posted : 4/17/2014 8:21:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
We have a similair drug testing lab in the Netherlands. Had it for quite a number of years. I think it was founded in the 90's when MDMA became wildly populair and caused more and more casualties.

Well anyways....50 euros to test a compound? Seems rather expensive and therefor counterproductive.
It should be free so nothing would deter drug users to have their drugs tested; It is free as far as I know over here.

I understand hiuring chemists, a lab and alot of equipment costs money, but I thought such testlabs were government funded? And if the public must take part in it's funding: Let them pay 3 to 5 euros per every sampled compound.
No more.

The test centers in Holland test only for common known adulterants, for dmt they will only do reagent test. So they will tel you its dmt, but they can not tel how much dmt is in your sample, GC and LC-MS are used for lsd (and that costs them 120 euro).
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

RideFree
#8 Posted : 5/23/2014 8:51:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

does anyone know if i can send some powdered acacia-bark to this service for analysis?

and, maybe the result is that there is DMT in it; but whats with the other substances.. do they analyse them too?

endlessness
#9 Posted : 5/23/2014 9:40:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes they definitely tell you other substances appart from DMT.

Regarding directly sending plant material, I´m not sure how much they want to open up for that, I can ask them next week. What you could do, though, is dry and pulverize plant material, mix with a base like sodium carbonate and a bit of water, let it dry, and soak in ethanol or acetone, then filter and then evap that solvent and send the resulting product (goo?) for them to test.

RideFree
#10 Posted : 5/23/2014 9:47:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

okay.. perfect endlessness Smile

so, i have to prepare my a.saligna-bark and send a bit of extracted material to them Smile

will give you a feedback!

olmectheholy
#11 Posted : 8/17/2014 9:47:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you know why the website is listed as insecure? I'm trying to access via Chrome Browser on Windows 8.1

Thanks

benzyme
#12 Posted : 8/17/2014 9:55:56 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

endlessness wrote:
SKA, you are free to offer your own analysis service if you think you can make it cheaper Pleased

SKA is right
given the advancements of LC-MS/GC-MS technologies, anything above $60/sample seems ridiculous. hell, one could charge $20 per, and still make a sizable profit.
these are small molecules we're talking about, not proteins.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 8/18/2014 12:51:57 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

benzyme wrote:
endlessness wrote:

SKA is right
given the advancements of LC-MS/GC-MS technologies, anything above $60/sample seems ridiculous. hell, one could charge $20 per, and still make a sizable profit.
these are small molecules we're talking about, not proteins.

Well, like said before in this thread: you are very welcome to open a world wide service like this for a lower price. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

benzyme
#14 Posted : 8/18/2014 12:59:30 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I would if I had my own Q-TOF Big grin

I also wouldn't charge 80 bucks for a 40 dollar service, unless it included an astrology reading and a massage.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

darklordsson
#15 Posted : 8/18/2014 1:05:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^Laughing I would imagine equipment would be one of the reasons for this kind of funding, as for labor, and space to do this in.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 8/18/2014 1:17:23 AM

analytical chemist

admittedly, maintenance isn't cheap... service contracts, specifically, offered by the machine manufacturer. someone doing their own PMs could afford to charge a lower price for analytical services Wink

darklordsson
#17 Posted : 8/18/2014 1:39:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not doubting it at all friendSmile Im jus making a speculation on why it may be sooooooo much in opinion. But if keeping notes on extractions and ratios and numbers one could send one sample to the lab and that would be the indefinite number for the rest of what is produced, if they followed their notes from the subject sent in. It shouldn't vary at least, if not at all if the same procedure was duplicated.

dreamer042
#18 Posted : 8/18/2014 2:18:26 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

What if we were to create a fund to help pay for this analysis?

If we crowdsource small donations from amongst our membership, we could easily create a fairly substantial reserve and quickly move our research forward by leaps and bounds.

Just an idea I figured I'd throw out there, what do you folques think?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

darklordsson
#19 Posted : 8/18/2014 2:45:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Already donated to phyc therapy, the idea is actually a totally good one, reduced cost, more safety of product, and a larger better network of this beautiful community. It sounds like it should be forwarded. Sounds good! But the problem still resides with legality issues, cant have illegal substances at any location without government approval/regulation. This is where the funding for the proposal comes in to the legal network to fund this research and not be "looking over our backs" in a sense. Also having a good reason to do so with random analysis? I don't think it will work but we can hope. Interesting Idea...Smile

benzyme
#20 Posted : 8/18/2014 2:48:23 AM

analytical chemist

I'd be up for donating in ฿

12NEXT