We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shroom Tea/Kool-Aid - WoW!! Options

futura
#1 Posted : 3/28/2014 9:59:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought Id share my recepie for Shroom tea as all I can say after I tried it is WoW!!

Put 4 grams of 2 year old cracker dry Cubensis Variety "Florida White"(F+) in a coffee grinder and ground to a fine powder.

Put powder into 8oz mason jar.

Added 1 single serve packet of Cherry Kool-Aid(to improve the taste and for the acid content similar to the Lemon-Tek).

Added just enough cold water to make a paste and let sit for an hour.

Filled jar half way with 180 degree Faranheit water, put lid on tight shook for 5 minutes and put in freezer for 24 hours to break cell walls of shroom powder.

Took out of freezer and added hot tap water filling to very top of jar to keep air out and left out in cool dark place for a while to defrost, then shook for 5 minutes and put in refrigerator for 24 hours.

Triple filtered liquid through Vacum(Buchner) funnel, and drank the pinkish liquid.

Expected level 3 maybe 4 but all I can say is Level 5+ WoW!!!!

No Nausea at all!!! Very drunken stumblebum high with everything Kalideoscopic!!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hairypickle
#2 Posted : 3/28/2014 10:46:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't eat mushrooms anymore...eating is a far, far inferior way.

I always make tea.

I just take how many shrooms I want to eat (fyi...TRUE dosage is based upon number of mushrooms, not weight...mushrooms have roughly the same amount of actives, regardless of size/weight), crush them up by hand...

Boil some water...put my crushed up shrooms in the boiling water to steep for 10-15 minutes...
Drain/scoop mushrooms out and drink the water.

Repeat this process another time or two.

Generally speaking, by the time I'm boiling the third cup of water, I'm already feeling the first cup. I've found that I only really need the second cup. The third cup...completely optional.

And for the record, I've been growing bulk for a couple of years now. Not that this makes me a professional mycologist or anything but let's just say I know my fungus.Thumbs up

hairypickle
#3 Posted : 3/28/2014 10:57:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As am example:

If you had 5 large mushrooms that together weighed 5 grams...
And you had 10 small mushrooms that together weighed 5 grams...

You would get roughly twice as high off of the 10 small shrooms...hence people thinking that small mushrooms get you more high. I've heard/read many comments where people warn others that small mushrooms seem more potent.

mod wrote:
Please refrain from swearing

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 3/28/2014 11:39:07 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

hairypickle wrote:
I just take how many shrooms I want to eat (fyi...TRUE dosage is based upon number of mushrooms, not weight...mushrooms have roughly the same amount of actives, regardless of size/weight), crush them up by hand...

Do you have a source for this claim?

hairypickle wrote:
As am example:

If you had 5 large mushrooms that together weighed 5 grams...
And you had 10 small mushrooms that together weighed 5 grams...

You would get roughly twice as high off of the 10 small shrooms...

This seems like a pretty bold claim to make, seeing as nothing is known about these hypothetical mushrooms (MS vs. isolate, etc) at the absolute minimum...and it contradicts the scientific literature.

Both of these claims seem a little much, especially given studies showing potency can vary widely from flush to flush. I'm not saying that smaller (and really, a better claim would be "lighter", iirc) mushrooms aren't generally more potent, by weight. However, the claims that "mushrooms have roughly the same amount of actives, regardless of size/weight" and 2x the amount of smaller mushrooms weighing the same as X amount of large mushrooms will be 2x as strong, seem overly bold.

Variations of Psilocybin and Psilocin Levels with Repeated Flushes (Harvests) of Mature Sporocarps of Psilocybe Cubensis (Earle) Singer.
Conclusion wrote:
We found that the level of psilocybin and psilocin varies over a factor of four among various cultures of Psilocybe cubensis grown under rigidly controlled conditions, while specimens from outside sources varied tenfold. IT is clear that entheogenic (Ruck et al., 1979) and recreational users of this species have no way of predicting the amount of psilocybin and psilocin that they are ingesting with a given dry weight of the mushrooms. It thus seems likely that variations in the subjective experience will not only come from the effects of set and setting but will also stem in very real measure from large dosage differences.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

hairypickle
#5 Posted : 3/28/2014 11:53:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This of course is speaking of mushrooms from the same "batch". You can't apply this to a quarter bag you found last month and am eighth that just wound up in your pocket last night.

Different growers use different methods, producing different percentages of actives. But I'm talking about mushrooms from the same flush.

hairypickle
#6 Posted : 3/28/2014 11:57:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

And aside from penis envy (which is the most potent because of how slowly it grows), as far as actives are concerned...a cube is a cube.

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 3/29/2014 1:11:49 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

hairypickle wrote:
This of course is speaking of mushrooms from the same "batch". You can't apply this to a quarter bag you found last month and am eighth that just wound up in your pocket last night.

Different growers use different methods, producing different percentages of actives. But I'm talking about mushrooms from the same flush.

But even mushrooms of the same flush can vary widely in potency.

And you still haven't presented a source for the claim you made earlier about about 2x potency based on size or the claim about "true dosage" being # of mushrooms, not weight.

hairypickle wrote:
And aside from penis envy (which is the most potent because of how slowly it grows), as far as actives are concerned...a cube is a cube.

The paper previously linked shows why saying "a cube is a cube" is fairly meaningless...especially when not explicitly talking about fruits from an isolate. And, afaik, no one has provided any evidence that PE potency is related to speed of growth.

Quote:
What many growers have a hard time grasping is that with multispore inoculation, the strain you get is not determined by the name someone wrote on a print, but rather by how the genetic dice fall, and which spores germinate hyphae that mate up with compatible hyphae from other spores.

Most strains join into a common whole, but many are non-compatible and fruit on their own, each occupying a small part of the substrate. This is why you can have potent and non-potent mushrooms in the same flush. What you have is actually two or more strains fruiting at the same time. This is why we say cubes are cubes. It means each so-called 'strain' is capable of producing excellent and bunk mushrooms alike.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

HippingTrippY
#8 Posted : 11/4/2014 1:23:58 AM

It's better to have things, and not be running out than it is to be running out and not be having things.

First off folks use the powder from those single serve koolaide packs to turn freebase cocaine into an injectable form so it is useful for acidifying small dabs of stuff. I agree that it's hard to back up the claim that smaller are exactly twice as potent but I am including a screen print that leads to the assertion that smaller is better. I thought it was just universal mushroom 101 knowledge that smaller unopened capped specimen are more valuable. I too dose by numbers of shrooms.
Snozz is gonna have me pissed off in Grad school correctly citing sources. MOFO making us step up our game. RRRrrrgggggghhh Big grin

Love & REspect

P.S. you keep this up and I am gonna start using spell cheque'
HippingTrippY attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 5.15.43 PM.png (40kb) downloaded 240 time(s).
Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 5.10.07 PM.png (160kb) downloaded 241 time(s).

Bdevall158
#9 Posted : 11/4/2014 2:12:17 AM

Mind Wanderer

this threads getting good Thumbs up
* pulls up chair, opens popcorn
LOVE & LIGHT

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 11/4/2014 8:35:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RogerRabbit from the shroomery states:

Quote:
Which is correct of course, a larger mushroom is likely to have more actives, however the concentration per gram of weight is considerably less. That's why pins and aborts are universally agreed to be much more potent. As a mushroom gets bigger, the cells don't divide. They expand. Larger mushrooms are less potent per gram than smaller ones.
RR

I don't know if the effect is as strong as hairypickle claims, but there is at least a lot of anecdotal evidence suggesting that smaller cubes are indeed stronger than bigger ones BY WEIGHT.

Quote:
But even mushrooms of the same flush can vary widely in potency.

I was under the impression, that this is true for multispore, but not isolates.

edit: Also: http://www.shroomery.org...an-fully-grown-mushrooms

If i interpret these graphs correctly (no context is given), a tiny mushroom is even three times more potent than a big one (by weight). Perhaps i could dig up the papers and confirm this.

"Variation der Indolalkaloide von Psilocybe Cubensis durch unterschiedliche Kultivierungsbedingungen" was published in some obscure fungi journal in the 80s.

I also found this: https://www.erowid.org/p...ournal1.shtmlinteresting tidbit of information... apparantly extractions with diluted acetic acid work too...it also shows quantifiable data of dephosphorylation of psilocybin to psilocin by means of diluted acetic acid. That's probably why the kool aid drink worked .

poonja
#11 Posted : 11/4/2014 12:51:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does this hold true for truffles as well? My two experiences with truffles have been somewhat disappointing.

HippingTrippY
#12 Posted : 11/4/2014 4:08:50 PM

It's better to have things, and not be running out than it is to be running out and not be having things.

I thought this was really basic stuff like Buds being worth more than leaf. If you have any doubts instead of asking for sources you really owe it to yourself to put it to the taste test. Big grin

"Further up and Further In"
Aslan

Astralking
#13 Posted : 11/4/2014 4:42:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

I was under the impression, that this is true for multispore, but not isolates.

Pretty sure this is the case but I'm not sure to what degree of accuracy by weight. Would be interested to know if anyone has any input!
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

d*l*b
#14 Posted : 11/4/2014 11:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HippingTrippY wrote:
I thought this was really basic stuff like Buds being worth more than leaf. If you have any doubts instead of asking for sources you really owe it to yourself to put it to the taste test. Big grin

It is good to use sources, facts and numbers rather than anecdotal evidence.

Saying that a small shroom is the same as a large one is problematic from a number of points that have already been mentioned by Snozz. It is commonly shared that, for instance, aborts tend to be unduly strong, however there are far too many variables involved to make a concrete assumption that 1 small shroom == 1 big shroom.

My view is that one of the best and simplest ways to understand dose across a number of shrooms is to grind them all up, work out dose by weight and work with that on subsequent journeys using the same batch of ground powder.
D × V × F > R

Felnik
#15 Posted : 11/5/2014 2:48:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that knowing your batch is a good method.
Going by weight is pretty foolproof in my opinion.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Old Crow
#16 Posted : 11/6/2014 7:12:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well let me chime in if I may...

I have some GT, EQs, all on the go right now, all jars about done and ready for fruiting. I am growing some jars with popcorn, others with rye grain. Popcorn rocksBig grin

The rye is OK too but the popcorn substrate is just amazing, very fast to colonize. I can give you pics if you likeThumbs up

Going to go with a Peat/verm casing method and we should have lift off in about two weeks, maybe three.

I have years of experience with the little children, and from my books/notes I see that different strains of cubes do not offer exactly the same trip report. maybe had something to do with the day but I sure like GTs and EQs the most. I found a difference, and the substrate grown on makes a difference too. At one time all I did was BRF cakes but that got boring and I like grain jars and casing now and I found the potency to be better too. And it's so easy.

If a shroom has a lot of bluing on the trunk and all, that's the go go juiceBig grin

Blue is good, small or large, I look for the blue ones as being very strong. But they are all somewhat blue if you bruise them.

Anyway that's just my take on it. It depends on the batch, the method grown, and the strain to even when it's just the cubensis variety, but that has been disputed by some.

I will let you know how this batch unfolds.Cool
Old Crow attached the following image(s):
HPIM2719.JPG (891kb) downloaded 132 time(s).

MaNoMaNoM
#17 Posted : 11/7/2014 6:00:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks good! Thumbs up i've read some good thing about popcorn.

a good tek, but i wouldn't use koolaid.
Just because artificial colors and other chemicals.
These could negatively effect the trip.

Maybe simmer mushrooms in fruit juice, pomegranate mmm.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

Old Crow
#18 Posted : 11/7/2014 1:41:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks.

I have never tried tea, and in fact I like the taste of shrooms. I like to eat them fresh if I can, but even dried I just chew em up.

I have always gone by weight but I would agree that the smaller ones are more potent by weight because they have more actives per mass. Look at how blue they are, anyway I have had some rather large ones that had very blue stems and that is good too. But then small is good, I harvest before the veil under the cap breaks as many people recommend and I find this is a good timing.

Also fresh is the way to go, the drying does reduce potency.. a little... but they are still just fine, eat a little more. I find 3-4gr dried is a good level 3-4 and 5-6gr is more orbitalRolling eyes

Not sure if tea would make them nay more active, but it could make them easier on the gut if that bothers you. I need to try that. I was studying Aya tea for the last 7 years and I'm just going back to my first love, oh honey I missed youLove I have been good.Wink

Getting ready to do some casing today as the popcorn is good to go.... I use this Lambert Trio Mer medium mix with sphagnum Peat Moss, kelp meal, crab meal, and some shrimp flour mixed 50/50 with the verm. It's ph balanced and in the past I have had amazing experiences with this mix. Better than anything else I have ever done, even coco coir and all. And I find the mycelium just goes bonkers in this stuff, and the shrooms love it tooSurprised

Love you little guys..Big grin

Winter is on my door steps, I can hear her knocking... I'm going out to meet her in all her chilling glory, out into the woods...bundled up in my robes of light.. on a day when her veil is falling.. all around me.. and my breath ..kissing her lips.

I will make us a small fire and let the sacred smoke envelope me, and be a witness as it mingles with the sky.... and I just know an old crow will fly by. Like a priest of the sky.. in his black feathered robes.

We will all be... there... with the children in my heart, warming my soul, and she will kiss me on the lips, and the children will be smiling, and I will be glowing with her fanning my internal fires!

Time will all but cease... frozen, if not but for a small eternity.Wink

If you want your shrooms to be very potent, fertilize your soul with good intentions and give thanks to the spirits/gods. Big grin
Old Crow attached the following image(s):
HPIM2722.JPG (1,025kb) downloaded 107 time(s).