We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
tricky question for you - same A/B different results Options

water
#1 Posted : 6/30/2009 3:25:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have just finished a standard A/B extraction on acacia material. Nearing the end of the reduction of ‘ boiled extraction liquid’ I took 1/3rd of the liquid and basified and mixed with non polar solvent. Freeze precipitate showed a great clear crash of crystals. yay

While this was happening I reduced the remaining 2/3rd to a manageable amount. Once done I basified, non polar solvent etc same as before and freeze precipitated only this time rather than getting a nice clear crash of crystal I got a powdery wax like deposit.

What I’m wondering is... what happened to the 2nd (more concentrated) amount of liquid that made it produce less than desirable results? The only difference I can see is the liquid was boiled longer is more concentrated, and maybe some difference in the basification.

Any ideas? Would love to know what you think might have happened.

Cheers

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PerPLexED
#2 Posted : 9/22/2009 7:22:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM may of had a more concentrated amount, however, that doesn't mean that there was a higher DMT concentration. Always with the first pull there is a very high concentration in comparison to your next pull, and that pull is significantly better than the next pull.

Another issue could be, if there was too much naptha when freeze precip. try evapping half of it and re freeze preip.
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

diox8tony
#3 Posted : 10/5/2009 4:12:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

you boiled the acidified solution? i know you have to decant the material but boiling will break down the dmt molecule.
This post is fictional.

smokeydaze
#4 Posted : 10/5/2009 5:09:33 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

diox8tony wrote:
but boiling will break down the dmt molecule.

don't think so
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW