We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
It is possilbe to use a vapo made out of a light bulb ? Options

Dr.Plant
#1 Posted : 6/30/2009 1:59:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday SWIM build a Vapo out of lightbulb.
SWIM dont want that it depends on his friends when he is able to smoke his Spice. (getting a pipe/vapo from friends)
So he made his own simple vapo out of a light bulb.

What's your experiences with it ? hope it works well..

Dr.Plant

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

soulfood
#2 Posted : 6/30/2009 2:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I found it really anoying to use as the glass takes too long to heat up and before it even reaches the desired temperature your material will start running away from the flame.

Also I could never get a big enough hit out of it.

I just use a bong now.

Dr.Plant
#3 Posted : 6/30/2009 2:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So you would prefer a normal bong to smoke the Spice ?
Then SWIM has to borrow a bong for his journey.. he dont want a tripsitter to be with him and he's a bit afraid that he could destroy the bong of his friend.. when he smoke the spice alone in a bong.
and then it depends again on his friend if he is able to smoke the spice or not Crying or very sad

suggestions ?

soulfood
#4 Posted : 6/30/2009 2:31:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'd just get a new one. I don't use a bong for anything else but if I did I wouldn't want spice in it. It's very smelly for people not used to it and having leftover DMT in a bong usually used for weed could be... inconvenient for someone.

I use a very small glass bong that was very cheap (about 15 euro) and I sprinkle some ash on a fine mesh screen, weigh out my dose, put it in the cone and then heat from a distance.

Dr.Plant
#5 Posted : 6/30/2009 2:52:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure you're right but SWIM only got about 100mg's spice at this time and it will take some time until he has his own spice.
And of course SWIM would clean the Pipe very accurately after using it for spice.
So SWIM is searching for a simple way to smoke his spice without buying any sort of tools.

When he has his own spice he will think about buying a pipe.. (..BUT he destroyed his pipe month's ago.. 'cause smoking all the day weed in it.. )

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 6/30/2009 2:54:36 PM

The Great Namah

Lightbulbs do work, but they are very harsh, we don't know what chemicals the glass has been treated with (safety concern), and they are diffult to put down after blast off.

The bong method is the easiest and smoothest. A oil pipe/meth pipe is great if you can master vaporizing the spice without burning it...it's not as easy as it sounds.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

kungpow
#7 Posted : 6/30/2009 3:16:57 PM

Brandon

I tried the light bulb vaporizer and I thought that it was terrible. The smoke was so harsh that I could not smoke it at all. It made me not want to smoke the dmt and i took the rest pharmahusca style. I just figured that was how harsh DMT was so I didn't smoke it for the past year. About a month ago I met a friend that smokes his spice out of a standard glass pipe. He just sandwiched some DMT in between some salvia leaf and we smoked away. It was my first good hit of DMT and it was so enjoyable.

I have had a pipe laying aroudn that was broken. So I decided to use this. I bought a screen to place over the hole that was put into the bottom of the bowl when I broke it. Then I put some parsley on the bottom some dmt then some more parsley. It works perfectly. The only negative thing I have found about it is that I can see a lot of DMT being wasted. It just comes out the top in between hits.

I actually have a vaporizer that was given to me a while back and never really cared for smoking MJ out of it. I have been thinking about trying it out, but I am not quite sure. I have a lot of spice so I guess it wouldn't hurt.

RigaCrypto
#8 Posted : 7/2/2009 2:39:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Light bulbs are very ineffective, but if you don't want to make yourself a Machine, you could try vaporizing in a test tube - it's a bit better than a light bulb.

Garulfo
#9 Posted : 7/3/2009 2:28:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hardly see the difference between lightbulb and test tube...
My friend is using a small glass vial that can be buy in drugstores (few $ for 10 vials).
It is countaining pure water for body cleaning purpose. Works quite well he said me...

I guess that the trick with lightbulbs is that they must be quite small to allow a regular smoke flow.

RigaCrypto
#10 Posted : 7/3/2009 4:11:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A test tube has vertical walls so the spice doesn't run up them so much. But as I said it's only marginally better and you should make yourself a Machine.

SpasticSpaz
#11 Posted : 7/3/2009 4:53:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM used to use a large test tube, but since that broke, he now uses a very large lightbulb (a 50,100,150 Watt three-way bulb). He's never had troubles with it dancing away, though he always pre-melts it into a puddle at the bottom, first, which maybe prevents that. Then, keeping both the inhalation and vent tubes closed, he vapes the DMT entirely (or very close to entirely). He waits about a minute, so the spice can cool (it doesn't recondense because the lightbulb is still very warm). Then two to three BIG tokes, and awaaay he goes.

Maybe this only works for SWIM because he's relatively lightweight-ish with DMT (30 mg is almost ALWAYS a breakthrough for him)?

Dr.Plant
#12 Posted : 7/3/2009 11:45:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After you're feedback SWIM borrowed a sweet small glass bong from a friend.
SWIM will do it with the sandwhich method as you told him.
He will use dried catnip (no other dried herbs available).
Any last suggestions or tips ? The journey will begin today or tommorrow.

tropane
#13 Posted : 7/6/2009 5:26:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xD ...

My buddy swears left and right that making a small tinfoil pipe works best for him.
He wraps the foil around the pen and shapes it like a bowl.
He makes sure the inside diameter is never bigger than the width of a pen ......
He also heats the pipe up HOT a few times to burn off that nasty coating.

Anyhow, he heats it up from underneath at the elbow and bang!

The only thing that sucks is, if you make it too short, it gets too hot on the 2nd or 3rd hit.

Anything posted on here is relayed fables from a friend of a friend
who does not own a computer. Since SWIM cannot type these up himself,
I reiterate his fictional ramblings word for word to be a nice guy.

Dr.Plant
#14 Posted : 7/6/2009 9:02:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It worked well with a small glass bong and the well known sandwich-method.
So i'll go on with it Wink

DoingKermit
#15 Posted : 7/13/2009 12:16:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

light bulb = Doom

fractal rider
#16 Posted : 7/13/2009 7:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim smoked some spice in a lightbulb and found it to be very harsh for the lungs better a bong
om namah shivaya

Bancopuma
#17 Posted : 7/14/2009 12:41:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Light bulbs do indeed = Doom. If inhaling molten, and extremely foul tasting DMT is one's idea of a high time, then by all means proceed...truly though just take a hit from the bong...and you will find that it be the path to coolness...

Nime
#18 Posted : 7/14/2009 11:25:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Lightbulbs do work, but they are very harsh, we don't know what chemicals the glass has been treated with (safety concern), and they are diffult to put down after blast off.

The bong method is the easiest and smoothest. A oil pipe/meth pipe is great if you can master vaporizing the spice without burning it...it's not as easy as it sounds.

yes very true, SWIM tried doing this two different times in two different countries (two different bulbs, one SWIM made himself and heated the insides for a long time in order to try to get rid of the inner chem coating.

Both times SWIM got a VERY VERY unpleasant burning sensation (and indeed burns) of a chemical tasting thing in ones mouth, specifically on the lips and tounge, i do not recommend it at all

or maybe that burn and taste im referring to is
Quote:
Light bulbs do indeed = Doom. If inhaling molten, and extremely foul tasting DMT is one's idea of a high time, then by all means proceed...truly though just take a hit from the bong...and you will find that it be the path to coolness...

Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler (continued)

I would like to make it be known that I do not actually put what I write on this website or any place into practice in the real world. I like to live a life of fantasy on the internet where I ask questions and give answers.