We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freeze precipitate from Naphtha turns sticky....didn't used to do this Options

crakkbakk
#1 Posted : 6/28/2009 1:02:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Whenever in past extractions swim put the naphtha in the freezer it always was crystall/powder upon drying after filtering, but now it is sticky upon drying after filtering.

How do I stop this!?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

olderROM
#2 Posted : 6/28/2009 4:27:44 AM

Alfred

Post a pic?!
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

WSaged
#3 Posted : 6/28/2009 4:42:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

olderROM wrote:
Post a pic?!

How would that stop it from being sticky?

Wink
WS

(heheheh)
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 6/28/2009 10:06:21 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

crakkbakk wrote:
Whenever in past extractions swim put the naphtha in the freezer it always was crystall/powder upon drying after filtering, but now it is sticky upon drying after filtering.

How do I stop this!?

How can you have the weirdest extraction problems ever?Very happy

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Drake
#5 Posted : 6/28/2009 10:13:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe some more information is needed...

.Have you changed any brands around? Naphtha, Acids, Lye that type of stuff.
.Have you changed your method of extracting around?

Only thing I think it might be, is that it may be some extra contaminants? Or maybe its not completely dry?

Best answer to my limited knowledge. And best answer anyone has given so far due to your lack of information given Confused .
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

fourthripley
#6 Posted : 6/28/2009 10:30:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps your plant material is of a lower quality?
mistakes were made

crakkbakk
#7 Posted : 7/12/2009 10:50:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I purchased a large batch of MHRB a long time ago (6+ months) but I have kept them airtight in darkness. 8 months ago the freeze precipitate yielded white/offwhite crystals.

I have been using naphtha instead of naphtha vm&p, but from all the questions I have asked here no one seems to think that would matter.

Now all I get is this yello gunk stuff. I normally role around some inert herb in the gunk and then smoke that.

I'll explain it now exactly how I see it after leaving it in the freezer for 8-12hours:
The precipitated crystals are very yellow but look pretty solid and scrapable.
When I pour off the naphtha layer, it appears that the yellow solids would be completley dry and scrapeable but there is a tiny bit of naphtha holding it together and I need to wait for that to evaporate
When I come back hours later the pile looks smaller and it is still wet.
Is this DMT-oxide?

endlessness
#8 Posted : 7/12/2009 11:27:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

or its little remains of naphtha that warm up and remelt the crystals.. I would let it stand for ages on top of a plate or someting (not of a filter), scraping and rescraping them a few times, letting it get harder again.. and then perform recrystalization

DoingKermit
#9 Posted : 7/12/2009 8:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

crakkbakk wrote:
I purchased a large batch of MHRB a long time ago (6+ months) but I have kept them airtight in darkness. 8 months ago the freeze precipitate yielded white/offwhite crystals.

I have been using naphtha instead of naphtha vm&p, but from all the questions I have asked here no one seems to think that would matter.

Now all I get is this yello gunk stuff. I normally role around some inert herb in the gunk and then smoke that.

I'll explain it now exactly how I see it after leaving it in the freezer for 8-12hours:
The precipitated crystals are very yellow but look pretty solid and scrapable.
When I pour off the naphtha layer, it appears that the yellow solids would be completley dry and scrapeable but there is a tiny bit of naphtha holding it together and I need to wait for that to evaporate
When I come back hours later the pile looks smaller and it is still wet.
Is this DMT-oxide?

I am not sure if it's oxide, but the type of naphtha you use can definitely effect the results. If you have a really dirty/heavy naphtha, you can be left with nasty residues which will not evap no matter how long you wait. If you have access to VMandP naphtha, then i would use that. Did you do an evap test?

mad_banshee
#10 Posted : 7/16/2009 4:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it sounds like the same problem my swim has been having and it sounds like the answer is to leave your container upside-down in the freezer for a while ( a few hours?) so that most all the naptha falls out of the spice, then try drying it after that, at least thats what this newbie was told and it sounds reasonable.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

geeg30
#11 Posted : 7/16/2009 8:17:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are using a heavier naptha then it will contain chemicals similar to toluene etc (e.g a higher boiling point than VM&P), These chems will pull more junk and things like jungle spice therefore making your end product less pure (DMT that is).

Try a batch with VM&P or heptane and see if you still get sticky crystals.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 7/16/2009 9:12:55 PM

The Great Namah

It sounds like what happened is that there was too much naphtha left in your jar when you left it to dry. The warmed up naphtha redissolved the spice and it evaped. When this happened the density of your spice increased. The weight is the same but the size decreased.

It also sounds like you probaby heated up your jug during extraction, or did a STB on it. Doing either of these will pull more oils, and probably a tiny bit of DMT N-Oxide (it apprently is slightly soluable in some naphtha's and will get pulled, hence the different effect from "yellow spice"Pleased.

If you want to clean this up there are two options.

1) pour in 50mL of warm, not hot, naphtha into your collection jar with you sticky spice in it. Swirl it around until it is all dissolved. You may need to add a touch more naphtha if it doesn't all dissolve.

Put it back in the freezer for 12+ hours and make sure you pour off ALL of the naphtha this time, turn it upside down when you've gotten most of the naphtha out...the xtals should stick to the bottom and sides of the jar....leave it like that for 5-10 minutes. Then leave to dry.

2) pour in 50mL of hot naphtha, let sit for a few minutes until it cools down and the yellow drops out, if it becomes cloudy you need to add a bit more hot naphtha. Decant the naphtha into another jar, leave the yellow puddle of goo in the original jar, but don't toss it...it is highly active. You can then freeze again, OR let evap slowly to grow nice big crystals.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.