We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long does Syrian Rue effects last ? Options

Pan-Elven
#1 Posted : 8/11/2007 8:28:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, does anyone know how long the MAOI effect last after having ingested Syrian Rue ? ( Made into a tea by boiling 3 grams with lemon juice ) I'm wondering if after potentiating with Oral DMT a booster dose was needed some time later would another dose of Syrian Rue also be needed ?
Direct Mystical Transmission

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Chakra Vajra
#2 Posted : 8/11/2007 9:29:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would say the Effects of the Rue last for 4-6 Hours...

quantumbrujo
#3 Posted : 8/12/2007 7:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe just do the booster shot with DMT.4-6 hours is plenty.If you wanna go for much longer,eat peyote or San Pedro cactus.Then you'll be tripping for a good 12 - 14 hours.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

Fable
#4 Posted : 8/12/2007 10:27:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of quality is the syrian rue experience? I have never tried any sort of potentiation other than some spice on caapi leaf, but I have heard that there is a significant difference between a caapi/viridis experience and a mhrb/rue. I have also heard that rue can make you feel a bit unwell . I would be really keen to hear from anyone who has had both and even if you havnt how do you rate the mhrb/rue combo?
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

Chakra Vajra
#5 Posted : 8/13/2007 10:32:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:e7200e7084="Fable"] I have also heard that rue can make you feel a bit unwell . [/quote:e7200e7084] A bit Unwell is a big understatement Very happy Depending on how much you take it can make you so sick like you never felt before in your life. But also with Caapi you can get this, although they are both different. Besides, the sickness not only comes from the Caapi/Rue, also DMT can amplify the sickness. But this has also to do with the Stuff you have to work through. From my Experiences with Rue and Ayahuasca i just get a sick feeling when i´m into my personal Stuff. After the Release through Vomiting/Backwards the sick feeling end mostof the Times immediately.

Link3909
#6 Posted : 8/15/2018 5:00:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey I just finished my expirience with syrian rue.

Summary:

Come up: 2 h
Peak: 1 h
Come down: 2 hrs

I made a tea with aprox 2 grams and took it at 9:30 am
The effects came really subtle during the first hour balerynotisable
When I got to t+ 1:30 then it kicked hard. Hard dizziness and sweaty I had to puke and calm down for 1-2 hours
So please start on low dosages and rebebr it only inhibits the oxydation of DMT so the psychodelic part os probably just coming from your own pineal gland so no need for high doses, I learned my lesson

TGO
#7 Posted : 8/15/2018 6:18:33 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Link3909 wrote:

So please start on low dosages and rebebr it only inhibits the oxydation of DMT so the psychodelic part os probably just coming from your own pineal gland so no need for high doses, I learned my lesson

Could you please clarify what you are saying here, especially the part about the pineal gland? Harmala alkaloids are well known to be quite psychoactive on their own. When used with oral DMT, the role of a MAOI /RIMA is to stop your digestive system from breaking down and destroying the DMT molecule.

Regarding the pineal gland and DMT, check out this video and read the following discussion:

David Nichols - DMT And The Pineal Gland: Facts vs Fantasy

Quote:
The pineal gland has a romantic history, from pharaonic Egypt, where it was equated with the eye of Horus, through various religious traditions, where it was considered the seat of the soul, the third eye, etc. Recent incarnations of these notions have suggested that DMT is secreted by the pineal at birth, during dreaming, and at near death to produce out of body experiences. Scientific evidence, however, is not consistent with these ideas.

The adult pineal gland weighs less than 0.2 grams, and its principal function is to produce 30 micrograms per day of melatonin, a hormone that regulates circadian rhythm through very high a nity interactions with melatonin receptors. Very minute concentrations of DMT have been detected in the brain, but they are not sufficient to produce psychoactive effects. Alternative explanations will be presented to explain how stress and near death can produce altered states of consciousness without invoking DMT. Filmed at Breaking Convention 2017.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

null24
#8 Posted : 8/16/2018 6:05:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Apologies for riding the post off-rails. But you know, the pineal myth seems to be deflating somewhat, i don't waste as much breath doing so in conversation, but the birth death thing is alive and well.

Even explaining the difficulties with measuring such a thing doesn't dissuade some from this excessively poetic notion.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

starway6
#9 Posted : 8/16/2018 8:48:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ive only taken up to two and a half grams of rue tea before smoking dmt..and never got the sick in the slightest way..

I used to be scared of taking it but not any more...now i know what doses to take..also ive found that smoking rue freebase before vaped dmt makes dmt very visual and colorfull a bit more so than drinking the tea at the dose i said..

i really wont smoke dmt unless i take rue 30 to 40 minutes before dmt,..

Hippie710
#10 Posted : 8/17/2018 5:30:57 AM

Psychonaut Extractor

starway6 wrote:
ive only taken up to two and a half grams of rue tea before smoking dmt..and never got the sick in the slightest way..

I used to be scared of taking it but not any more...now i know what doses to take..also ive found that smoking rue freebase before vaped dmt makes dmt very visual and colorfull a bit more so than drinking the tea at the dose i said..

i really wont smoke dmt unless i take rue 30 to 40 minutes before dmt,..

How long would you say the effects of smoking it last?