We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quick or slow extraction? Options

West-en
#1 Posted : 6/26/2009 11:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is something I've wondered for quite a while. I performed my two first STBs and got quite a low amount of DMT per each pull (way less than 100mg/50g Mimosa Hostilis), so I figured I must be doing something funny. Especially since the teks often seem to involve a low amount of pulls until the bark is done for.

I extracted by simply lowering pH with recommended amount of lye per water volume and bark weight (the classic 1:15:1), and let it sit for a couple of hours, simply shaking now and then. The pulls were arranged over a couple of days (about 8-14 ones), I simply added heptane, tipped over for 30secs or so, let it sit 10minutes to a couple of hours, and repeated about 3-4 times before freeze precipitating.

So, my question is if it is better for the yields to do quick pulls, aka heptane in, (stir 30sec, wait 5min) x 4, do a couple of pulls in an hour and put them all in freezer and then be done. Or, if it actually serves any purpose leaving heptane for hours in the extraction and sometimes even overnight?

Can this in any way be counterproductive, is DMT vulnerably in strong alkaline watersuspended environments and therefore requires a quick extraction to get it the hell out of there, so to speak?
Can anyone be kind and enlighten me? Wink
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 6/27/2009 12:32:17 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Paragraphs please!!! SWIY's solid block of text is difficult to read!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Baffald
#3 Posted : 6/27/2009 5:24:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After playing around with it my first time, I think 1 pull a day will get the most. Better to saturate the solvent till its full than to not let it do its job. One thing I have learned recently with this is patience.