We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Difficult LSD experiences Options

SWIMmingly
#1 Posted : 6/26/2009 12:49:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A long time ago, 12 months say, Swim had a very difficult experience with LSD.... Swim's fault.
It was my birtday, and after much celebrations at a club, and after much drinking and a few MDMA pills for swim, it was time to leave.....

I ran into an old friend that swim used to joke around with, saying we shold have a trip together! turns out she had found a source for some *good* LSD which is very rare down here. Turns out you souldnt trip with people you hardly know, it was a disater! SWIM had all up, 3 MDMA pills, 2 trips and god knows how much booze beforehand, SWIM was walking around with almost complete strangers on a thursday morning @ 9am (after being up all night) in the center of the captial city (my state) while all the suits were going to work!

Lets just say, the saying, "set and setting" has never rung more true. We ended up walking for miles, to find the botanical gardens to escape civilisation in all its ugly horibleness. Have never tripped so bloody hard in my life... we found a cube granite water feature in the park, to which swims bemusment turned into a pulsating, pussing, brain! and all swims friends were green and melting. Anyways, long story short. After having a fantastic trip for the first +6 hours after coming up, Swim realised he had f*king work the next day... not cool. Here the train wreak begins!
Swim was stuck at some random house, miles away from home, phone was dead, house keys MIA.... and these F*ks wanted to kill swim. it was thier plan, swim knew it, just a matter of time (btw was the only git that had 2 trips, and MDMA)

Ended up getting a taxi at lunchtime, which cost me $150 to get home.... guess we walked far! plus 150 meters from home i spewed about 2 liters of water all over the taxi, hence the fee =(

Ended up lying catatonic, face first in bed for another 10 hours. saw some really messed up stuff. far from normal. Was stuck in a 2d dimensional space, a brown peice of paper where a broken chair and a mop were exchanging (screaming) gibberish for the whole time.

Is it out of the question for a LSD trip to usually last 20+ hours? Swim tells me, its not nice being confined to a 2D piece of paper conversing with a chair =( Anyways, after becoming reasonably sane spent some time after with my mate, watching south park and coincidentally Randy Marsh having TOO much acid at woodstock 69' haha

anyway, thats swims litle messed up story.
Everything i post is purely hypothetical

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Fakkz
#2 Posted : 6/26/2009 1:24:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LSD trip do not last 20+ hours. Almost everything sold as "acid" nowdays is not LSD. I was probably DOB.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 6/26/2009 3:15:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah usually THAT long trips could have been some sort of DOx or other research chemicals of the kind...

But whether most of what is sold as acid is not LSD, im sure depends a lot on where you live and your connections and knowledge... I know for example in boom festival in portugal, an erowid crew was testing drugs with thin layer chromatography, and everything submitted as LSD was indeed LSD.. IIRC it was the ecstasy/mdma that had most fakes/mixes.

In any case, independent of which substance it was, I think thats a pretty good example of set and setting making things go wrong. Learn from it! SWIM has learned a lot from his past mistakes during trips, and now is usually much more attentive/careful/respectful in the experiences

Observant
#4 Posted : 6/26/2009 3:43:55 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I think The LSD on boom often was degraded (due to weather conditions/tents?) or only lowdosed.
What we get here in Europe most often is LSD i think. (But also on boom there were some fake substance tickets around , a friend purchased some)
There are also DOx Blotters around but they are not sold as Acid.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 6/26/2009 3:53:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally, here in the UK, every single time I have encountered LSD tabs or liquid (and there have been many times), it has been precisly as advertised...apart from one time with a some bunk blotters with nothing on them.

They have varied in potency a lot, from a light euphoric buzz, to mind meltingly intense, but LSD all the same.

On the Boom front, I had some 'Sid there last summer which was pretty weak...ate some space brownies with it though which put myself and my friends in a weird place...

However my other friends there were lucky enough to sample those LSD microdots that were tested by Erowid there (they were advertised as 'mescaline pills'Pleased, these were just LSD with a little filler, and my friends all reported them as being very powerful indeed...

rellik
#6 Posted : 6/26/2009 3:55:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sounds like an amazing experience. all you really lost was 150 dollars, annoying and alot but worth the wacked out world that you experienced. at least where i am from the cabbies treat me like a good friend the few tomes where i am not peddling or shoeing.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 6/26/2009 4:08:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Interaction with other substances can prolong the LSD experience. I would say that 20 hours is around the limit of what's possible for LSD in this perspective. If the trip lasts much longer it's probably not real LSD, but some substance interactions might prolong an LSD trip up to around 20 hours. A high dose of real LSD can, without interference of other substances last up to 16/18 hours, but that's normally realy the upper limit.
LSD can make you feel somewhat immune to alcohol. If you took lot's of alcohol, maybe more then you where aware of, and XTC and LSD and you walked for a very long distance it could very well be that at the end when normally the LSD trip would be really over, your brain and body where just so exhausted that you where sort of hanging around in a mixture of hangover/exhaustion hazyness and normal LSD after-effects that where maybe felt a little heavier then normal and maybe you smoked some MJ during the night as well. At that moment you're clearly not tripping anymore like at the peak of an LSD trip, but far from sober. Smoking a joint after a strong acid trip and a night without sleep can feel like taking a heavy psychedelic, like you're still tripping in a way.

wake and bacon
#8 Posted : 6/26/2009 9:51:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's taken a few hits of some decent acid before, had the trip fizzle away after ~8 hours, and then smoked about a gram of cannabis rolled up and BOOM!! The LSD was back in full effect. Almost felt like I was peaking again. This was after about 24hrs of being awake.
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

69ron
#9 Posted : 6/26/2009 11:08:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most of the LSD is actually gone before the trip peaks. Because of this, it’s believed that the duration of action is not dependant on the LSD being present in the body. It somehow causes a reaction in the body that leads to psychoactivity and is itself not causing psychoactivity. At least that’s one theory. No one actually knows how LSD works. No one.

On many occasions in the past SWIM has had LSD effects come back for a short period several days after the effects have worn off by simply smoking marijuana. A lot of users have noticed that. No one knows how that works. What’s interesting is that LSA and LSH don’t seem to do that. I’m very curious about this. Why would LSD give short flashbacks simply by smoking marijuana a few days later, while LSA and LSH do not? This is a mystery and to me it indicates that LSD works in a way that is very different from LSA and LSH.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

SWIMmingly
#10 Posted : 6/27/2009 1:30:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow lots of good replys! Thanks guys Smile

On a side note, when i did purge in the taxi Embarrased i ran inside when i got home and sacrificed a towl to clean the taxi for him, and paid the cleaning fee. I was pretty ashamed!

Yeah it was a very *interesting* experience for me. I learnt alot, and now have much, much more respect for what i put in my body, and the setting i do it in (altough the botanical gardens was an ace idea). I like to think of LSD, for me anyway, as a double edge sword.... it has such an upside for the peak and platu but i have agonising comedowns, the world is going to get me kind of thing lol!

This is actually not the only difficult experiance i had, but the worse of two =) The other time, i was also cany-flipping at an outdoor dance event, I left the grounds and got lost in the mangroves.... luckily i realised i could still see the lasers and lights, and where they were coming from (well expolding fractures of imposible colours anyway Razz) ! god that was fun. Came back with stinky mud half way up my legs and a grin, not knowing where i had been haha. Anyways, that trip lasted a long time too, but i took a second trip at like +8 hours... ended up having a bad come down same as the first story haha, kinda puts me off. Just straight LSD seems better though, albiet not half as intense!

polytrip
#11 Posted : 6/27/2009 2:47:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
69ron wrote:
Most of the LSD is actually gone before the trip peaks. Because of this, it’s believed that the duration of action is not dependant on the LSD being present in the body. It somehow causes a reaction in the body that leads to psychoactivity and is itself not causing psychoactivity. At least that’s one theory. No one actually knows how LSD works. No one.

On many occasions in the past SWIM has had LSD effects come back for a short period several days after the effects have worn off by simply smoking marijuana. A lot of users have noticed that. No one knows how that works. What’s interesting is that LSA and LSH don’t seem to do that. I’m very curious about this. Why would LSD give short flashbacks simply by smoking marijuana a few days later, while LSA and LSH do not? This is a mystery and to me it indicates that LSD works in a way that is very different from LSA and LSH.

Yeah, it's like i said; interactions with other stuff might cause an LSD experience to last longer then normal.

My theory about the MJ is that MJ has psychedelic effects from itself that are very much like those of LSD, but that they are so subtle or weak that they can normally be ignored. I think that when the brain is still processing the LSD induces psychedelic reality it just notices the psychedelic effcts from MJ more easily. LSA does not have real psychedelic properties like LSD or cannabis.

Cannabis can be a strong psychedelic, comparable to LSD but it's normally used and apreciated more as a sedative, drug to get stoned. When used frequently, tolerance for it's psychedelic qualities is build up quickly. That's why people underestimate it. But some circumstances might cause it's psychedelic effect to suddenly be revealed.

SWIMmingly
#12 Posted : 6/28/2009 4:27:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Agreed on the THC! Once, my pet monkey who usually avoids cannabis like the plauge had 3 or 4 bowls while rolling after a night out....
It turned SWIMS MDMA roll into a psycadellic explosion, strong as LSD! We watched "honey i shrunk the kids" on a massive TV jebus that movie is trippy when your on another level!
Also, some dog was staring at SWIM, kind of like the shifty dog from the simpsons but real. Not very spiritual i appologise but it was a laugh none the less! Razz