We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Anyone tried iboga? Options

Space
#1 Posted : 6/25/2009 10:52:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not an addict or anything, but iboga looks really interesting. Anyone have any experience of it?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

HappyCamper
#2 Posted : 6/26/2009 12:22:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, but If someone had a legit US vendor, I'd be all over it Razz

gammagore
#3 Posted : 6/26/2009 12:28:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Me neither

Would like to see how many here have done though.

Looks quite serious though.

Space
#4 Posted : 6/26/2009 12:51:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you google shamanic extracts they appear to have it. Apparently iboga has something like 12 different alkaloids of which they only use 1 -ibogaine, to treat addicts. Think I'm going to get some. Would be interesting to see how it differs to dmt, salvia etc ..

69ron
#5 Posted : 6/26/2009 2:03:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's illegal in the US.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Space
#6 Posted : 6/26/2009 12:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really? I'll have to find out if it's the same for the UK.

HappyCamper
#7 Posted : 6/26/2009 2:34:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It's illegal in the US

What isn't these days Laughing

Lawliet
#8 Posted : 6/27/2009 4:09:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Ibogaine clinics in Mexico and Canada are always an option, although I understand the programs are extremely expensive.
[DISCLAIMER]: All posts and messages by Lawliet are purely fictitious, and for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone any of the actions detailed therein.

Space
#9 Posted : 6/27/2009 1:30:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah very expensive. I'm just going to order online.

Baffald
#10 Posted : 6/30/2009 8:01:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So weird that a substance used to treat substance abuse is considered a schedule I.

Seven
#11 Posted : 6/30/2009 8:31:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really wish it wasnt, I have friend thats on methadone, Id love to help get him off that crap.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 6/30/2009 8:58:16 PM

The Great Namah

It's a plant that could threaten pharma's hold over addiction recovery. I'm not suprised its illegal. Plants can't be patented. I'm sure they are working out some analogs of Iboga's actives so they can make a bundle off of it.

From what I have read it is not in any way, shape, or form recreational. It's some serious stuff that lasts for 3 days, incapacitates you, and is extremely unpleasnat at times. For opiate addicts I hear it is damn close to a miracle plant.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

MalargueZiggy
#13 Posted : 6/30/2009 9:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
It's a plant that could threaten pharma's hold over addiction recovery. I'm not suprised its illegal. Plants can't be patented. I'm sure they are working out some analogs of Iboga's actives so they can make a bundle off of it.

From what I have read it is not in any way, shape, or form recreational. It's some serious stuff that lasts for 3 days, incapacitates you, and is extremely unpleasnat at times. For opiate addicts I hear it is damn close to a miracle plant.

So sad but true about the pharma industry. I wonder if there are any leaked documents anywhere that can confirm this, that would really help our case, particularly the projec to gather arguments for universal decriminalisation of 'drugs'.

On a side issue: I don't have time to drag up this thread but didn't someone say somewhere that Iboga seriously affected their capacity to get any effects off DMT?

It's this side to it and the serious undertaking (even for recovery afterwards) that has put it on the back burner for me. I think you need serious preparation to undertake it, assistance while you're doing it, and be prepared for a very heavy experience.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

69ron
#14 Posted : 7/1/2009 9:40:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MalargueZiggy wrote:
On a side issue: I don't have time to drag up this thread but didn't someone say somewhere that Iboga seriously affected their capacity to get any effects off DMT?

Yeah, I recall that. The person said the cross tolerance lasted a long time.

SWIM is interested in trying a very small dose of iboga only.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

rellik
#15 Posted : 7/1/2009 5:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

from what ive heard about iboga, it is a very serious substance that should be administered only by someone very knowledgeable about and experienced with the plant.

ive heard from a knowledgeable (not specifically iboga but more S.A. psychs) source that it wipes away personality traits and at some dosages can fully erase someone's personality. the same person told me that traditionally it is used to treat the problem children where it is natively used. at a certain age, they are given a dose and they become completely new people. dont know how how factual the above is as it was gleaned from a discussion but nonetheless, be careful with iboga.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

69ron
#16 Posted : 7/1/2009 7:23:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So you're saying its a drug used for brain washing?

Space
#17 Posted : 7/1/2009 7:37:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a big impression made from iboga that it's some serious stuff, but apart from tripping for 1-3 days, experience wise, how far out can it be from dmt? I think from all the reports I've looked at, dmt to me seems more far out in many ways. A lot of the reports on iboga, people talk about looking at there life, how they've lived, there behavior etc -very self observant.. so I think dmt sounds more out-there, although people report similar things on iboga to dmt also.

What's interesting also, is that apparently, in iboga, 17 alkaloids have been found. But yet they only use 1 of them to treat patients, that been ibogaine. Now how many experience reports has any heard of from people just taking iboga? I think that would be very interesting, in just taking it naturally like they do in africa by just eating root shaving, or even making a tea.

I think I've definitely got to try this at least once. I'm placing a good varied order soon, and just may have to add some iboga root bark to it.

Space
#18 Posted : 7/1/2009 7:51:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really don't see it being able to 'fully' erase someones personality. Think about what personality is, a persons fears and love is what shapes one in a sense.

I think any psychedellic assists one as a catalyst in either a negative or positive way, in a sense. It can break down our fears and open are hearts more, or intensify our fear which results in more of a closed heart in a sense (but still a part of the process of opening up to loveVery happy )

rellik
#19 Posted : 7/2/2009 5:06:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm, the completely erases personality bit may be an exaggeration. what i wrote was more of a transcription of a conversation that i had with a knowledgeable memeber of the entheogenic community where things may have been exaggerated as in any conversation. my memory when engaged acts like a tape recorder, but i digress.

Whati meant to convey is to be especially careful with iboga as it can remove certain ticks and traits that make you you.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

40oztofreedom
#20 Posted : 7/2/2009 5:19:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Space wrote:

There is a big impression made from iboga that it's some serious stuff, but apart from tripping for 1-3 days, experience wise, how far out can it be from dmt? I think from all the reports I've looked at, dmt to me seems more far out in many ways. A lot of the reports on iboga, people talk about looking at there life, how they've lived, there behavior etc -very self observant.. so I think dmt sounds more out-there, although people report similar things on iboga to dmt also.

DMT is very far out, and while Iboga may not be as "far out", imagine potentiating the "far out" power of DMT and focusing all of that power introspectively for three days straight, that is what I would assume iboga to be.

I doubt it can brain wash completely, but I bet it could scare the living shit out of someone far enough to the point where they'd change themselves without questioning.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

123NEXT