We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
taking DMT with amine intolerance/MAO deficiency Options

richard
#1 Posted : 6/25/2009 11:51:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone,

SWIM has never done regular DMT before. SWIM smoked and innsufflated 5-meo-DMT back 5 years ago and hasn't messed around with anything since. SWIM has developed severe amine intolerance in the last 6 months, due to unknown cause(possibly mercury poisoning) SWIM has reactions to foods with amines in them, as if on an MAOI(even though he's not) If SWIM eats meat that is not fresh or other amines, he gets tired/high blood pressure/sweating/tiredness/loss of consciousness and heart palpitations.

SWIM wants to try ayahausca or DMT, but is afraid of any complications.

Do you think he could take DMT orally without any MAOI? Should he avoid taking MAOI with DMT?

SWIM is also sensitive to salicylates that are commonly in herbal extracts. Since he avoids them most of the time, occasional exposure is usually not problematic. However he would prefer to use the pure chemicals.

SWIM knows a local shaman who does aya ceremonies, and wants do try it first with someone who knows what they are doing but is afraid of trying a brew with MAOI and salicylates for the first time without prep?

Would it be safe for him to try low doses alone first to make sure it goes ok?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 6/25/2009 12:09:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im no doctor, but I would be quite careful if I was in SWIY's position.. IF I would try something, would definitely be VERY low doses and increase slowly. Is there any doctor aware of SWIY's condition? Maybe SWIY can ask, for example, if taking moclobemide (a MAOI-based antidepressant) would be dangerous in his case...

Also, ayahuasca has several somatic effects, and SWIY with his condition, even if everything is going fine, but because of these bodily effects, nausea and so on, SWIY can start feeling like he is having some serious issues, will get scared and can turn the trip into a very negative experience..

IF I would try something in SWIY's case, it would probably be smoked dmt, in VERY low doses (start at something ridiculous like 1 mg) and get an idea, increasing slowly and gradually if all goes well..

but its definitely recommended one checks with a trustable doctor (not one which has the 'drugs are bad' sort of opinion). Maybe email Rick Strassman, Charles Grob or other doctors in 'our' field.. If their mailbox is not overflooded and they miss your email, they will probably give you a better answer than most of us could.

good luck and please, be careful!

SWIMfriend
#3 Posted : 6/25/2009 6:38:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What you describe sounds like a SERIOUS MEDICAL PROBLEM. You need to get a proper diagnosis and treatment from a doctor.

Use of powerful chemicals is safest for healthy people. Please improve your health before moving forward with ideas about using spice/ayahuasca.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 7/2/2009 6:32:51 PM

The Great Namah

DMT is not active orally without an MAOI.

You may want to consider high dose mushrooms as an alternative.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.