We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking out of a hookah? Options

Drake
#1 Posted : 6/25/2009 11:01:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried this method of smoking spice? Main reason I ask is because I thought it would be REALLY interesting to have two people launch at the same time! I remember my 1st psychedelic experience ever was with LSD. And at some point of the peak with Dan and me, our minds connected. Then asking of questions, that some part of me knew that we was just talking crap. But in the psychedelic state we was in, it felt like these questions were EPIC!

Now I am thinking that a semi breakthrough dose with spice would be good. Both of us launch at the same time to see what might happen between us. Spice being 100time more extreme then LSD, I would LOVE to see how Dan and me will connect mentally.

But for the method of launching at the same time, I was looking for a device that would have something with two mouth parts for us to suck on. I eventually came across a device that has been used for (from what I can gather) many hundreds of years. It's called a Hookah, and it can have anything from one, to four hoses. I will get one to have two hoses, for me and Dan.

For the people who don't know what a hookah is, I will link one. For the sake of showing!

http://www.smoking-hookah.com/product/11068001.asp

I have bookmarked a number of Hookah sites. This is only one of the many. But I will use this site as an e.g. Now I sent Infundibulum a PM about this, as he sead hes mate used a hookah to smoke spice. But I think he (like many) get far to many PMs, and never replied. But that's understandable Wink . I hope that he will come across this topic, and reply with hes advice/thoughts!

Now from what I can gather, you get a charcoal screen on top of the bowl, and have burning hot charcoal on top of the screen to light the herbs. This solves the problem of having to hang over and light the bowl. From what I can gather, charcoal must burn easy I guess (correct me on this!). So just heat the charcoal with a jet lighter, then over with a Wind Cover on top of the bowl. I know of a pretty good looking cover that would restrict the air a little, so the air blows harder on the charcoal, helping to keep it burning. Once the charcoal is burning hot, just sit back and relax. Toke away! But that's just my view on it. You probably don't need the Wind cover.

Another thing I am thinking of. The size of the Hookah. If you have a look, sizes go like this:

Mini Hookahs
Junior Hookahs (medium sized)
Large Hookahs

Mini Hookahs seem to go from 5"-14". Medium from 18"-22". And large from 23" anything up to 30-35". At 1st I was going to go with the biggest one! It was around 31", the style I liked. But then thought its not good for the vapor to travel that far. At least I don't think it would be good for the vapor to travel that far Confused . So I think I might go with the Hookah linked above. It's 20" though, and this might even be a little to big! I looked at The 15" Black skull hookah, but then it seems to small!

Apart from not knowing if 20" is to big, then there is the matter of the base of the Hookah. One might need to look around for a BIGGER base to replace the original. Dan suggested this, he sead between two people, you want to have a larger base for the smoke to really build up (for people who don't know, I am sure you can fill the base with water. Much like how the water bong works). Also something I pointed out to Dan was, I don't think a Hookah has that hole you cover. You know, when you are building up smoke in the base of a water bong, you cover the hole with your finger. Once there is a nice amount of smoke in the base, you release the hole and take in the smoke.

So in the end. As always, I call for the members of The Nexus to reply with there thoughts! Even better if you have used a Hookah, I would love to know if it worked out!

Also i did a search on the matter of smoking spice/changa out of a Hookah. But the best thing I could find was Infundibulums comment on this topic - http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=1804 . I have not seen/found a topic directly asking about how well Hookahs work out for smoking spice/changa.

Might also note. The main reason for me to look into a Hookah is so two people can both launch off spice at the same time. Anything solo, I am happy using a water bong. Also, Dan sead why don't we just get two bongs? Well I thought dropping a hookah hose is much better then dropping a water bong Wink .
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kannamate
#2 Posted : 6/25/2009 11:23:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It would be useless to try it with freebase it would probably get too hot and wouldn't be worth it just do it out of vape bong and it would be the same thing. I love the smell and taste of hookah though I don't have one, I just go to hookah bars rarely, but am going to get one. What you might be able to do is evaporate freebase onto flavored shisha tobacco making flavored shisha/changa that would be fantastic. Hookah sessions last so long though the bowls are big you'd need a really small hookah maybe a mini funnel bowl.

Observant
#3 Posted : 6/25/2009 11:31:55 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

I have been considering making Hookah Changa Receptures in the next Weeks .
I just need to get my Hookah repaired ..

You can basically prepare your own Hookah Mix some days earlier
Something like this:

Shredded Caapi ( or Caapi extract)
DMT Containing Leafes
Melasses
Glycerine

Theres also Nicotine Free Flavoured Hookah "Tobacco" on the market its actually made of Sugarcane

I believe this will work really good - the smoke will be smooth and easy to hold in for ages.

Make sure not to risk a Fire in your House !
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Kannamate
#4 Posted : 6/25/2009 12:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the smoke already is smooth c'mon shamans like tobacco probably do something neat having a tobacco buzz going at the same time as blasting offLaughing

Drake
#5 Posted : 6/25/2009 12:24:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:
It would be useless to try it with freebase it would probably get too hot and wouldn't be worth it just do it out of vape bong and it would be the same thing. I love the smell and taste of hookah though I don't have one, I just go to hookah bars rarely, but am going to get one. What you might be able to do is evaporate freebase onto flavored shisha tobacco making flavored shisha/changa that would be fantastic. Hookah sessions last so long though the bowls are big you'd need a really small hookah maybe a mini funnel bowl.

Your not wrong here. I am not sure how hot it would get in the bowl with the coals heating the mix. As for large bowls, I am sure you could buy a smaller bowl Smile , just like buying a smaller bowl for your water bong hehe.

But think of it this way. Not a big deal if the bowl is big. If you are smoking between two people, you would want a larger then normal bowl to fit all the changa. Really I would not mind a big bowl of changa to myself. I have read in Antrocles topic about mixing Kava and Spice . As he sead, it was so fantastic that he did three trips back-to-back. If I had something like that happen to me, I would want a pretty big bowl so I could keep going Very happy !.

Observant, thanks for the heads up on the Nicotine Free Flavoured Hookah Tobacco! I did not know about that. Would be something to really thing about adding to the changa herb list for sure. For Herbs to flavor the spice real nice.

How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

Observant
#6 Posted : 6/25/2009 12:41:58 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Yes i will try that stuff out for sure . Maybe with Grape flavour Very happy

But also consider making Hookah Caapi -
Woody compounds can actually taste good in Hookahs if properly prepared.

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

balaganist
#7 Posted : 6/25/2009 2:42:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
Yes i will try that stuff out for sure . Maybe with Grape flavour Very happy

But also consider making Hookah Caapi -
Woody compounds can actually taste good in Hookahs if properly prepared.

Interesting idea!!
You would need a lot of Hookah Changa though, and you would invariably waste some DMT due to constant heat.
Would be really cool to blast off at the same time as a mate Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

kungpow
#8 Posted : 6/25/2009 3:26:03 PM

Brandon

I own a couple of hookahs. I have been an avid hookah smoker for about 4 years now. I have a two hose hookah and a single. I don't even use the single anymore because the hoses are too skinny and you have pull really hard to get smoke. I like really big hoses that the air just flows through easily like you are breathing.

I really don't see the point in trying this though. A lot dmt will be wasted. They do make smaller bowls for hookahs but even those are not very small. I have a much better idea for you and your mate spicing at the same time. Just get two pipes. That will save you a lot of trouble. You can never have too many pipes around.

Just buy a hookah to have because they are oh so lovely. Especially sitting next to river on a head full of mushrooms on a warm sunny day. With your best friend and some great tunes. Damn does that bring back good memories.

I also do not smoke anything illegal out my hookah. I like to take it camping with me and other public places. So I like to keep it clean so if anyone wants to try to say it used for illegal things I can actually say that it isn't. I don't think that weed smokes very good out of them anyways.

Drake
#9 Posted : 6/26/2009 2:03:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kungpow wrote:
I own a couple of hookahs. I have been an avid hookah smoker for about 4 years now. I have a two hose hookah and a single. I don't even use the single anymore because the hoses are too skinny and you have pull really hard to get smoke. I like really big hoses that the air just flows through easily like you are breathing.

I really don't see the point in trying this though. A lot dmt will be wasted. They do make smaller bowls for hookahs but even those are not very small. I have a much better idea for you and your mate spicing at the same time. Just get two pipes. That will save you a lot of trouble. You can never have too many pipes around.

Just buy a hookah to have because they are oh so lovely. Especially sitting next to river on a head full of mushrooms on a warm sunny day. With your best friend and some great tunes. Damn does that bring back good memories.

I also do not smoke anything illegal out my hookah. I like to take it camping with me and other public places. So I like to keep it clean so if anyone wants to try to say it used for illegal things I can actually say that it isn't. I don't think that weed smokes very good out of them anyways.

Thanks for the heads up on the matter of wanting a larger hose. I will look into this for sure.

I don't see a need for a smaller bowl. Are they really that big? I was thinking of getting a larger bowl when I 1st came across Hookahs Shocked . Knowing Dan, he will want to blast off again once he has almost come down Wink. The 1st time he tried Spice he took it really well and wanted to use what was left of the 80mg, after he was almost sober again.

So with both me and Dan going at the same time. If I want to go for a 2nd go, and he wants to go for a 2nd go. Well I guess we will want a large bowl of changa! Are the bowls really that large? Hard to tell the size of the bowl, just by looking at a picture of a Hookah.

I guess the only worry is the waste of changa. Kungpow, what size Hookah did you have by the way? You sead you don't smoke spice out of your Hookah? So have you never tried spice with one of your Hookahs to see how much spice was really wasted? I would be surprised if you have not tried!

But you are right about Hookahs looking really nice. I love the style of some Hookahs very much. I would rather smoke out of a Hookah with my mate then a water bong, because Hookahs just look nicer (some of them)! Looks of a bong dose not compete with a good looking Hookah! But if there is to much waste, it won't be a total loss you know Wink. I can always wash the smell out, and use it as a nice ornament.

But in the end, I rather drop a Hookah hose then anything els. Although, I might end up buying two Vapor Genie's. But I am not totally interested in me and Dan having a breakthrough dose, more of a semi breakthrough trip for us both. So we can concentrate on each other. Then again, maybe even a weaker dose, as when Dan went the 1st time, he did not know what a bong was when it hit Shocked ... The Bong shrunk, and got really furry. Makes me wonder if it would be possible for us to even concentrate on each other at that point...
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

Infundibulum
#10 Posted : 6/26/2009 2:43:05 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, SWIM says hooka's work and they work beautifully. For some people it is the best and most guranteed way to smoke spice and due to the water cooling the smoke is bound to be smooth as hell. There is no really detectable loss of spice, 40-50mg do the trick. SWIM never had a failed breakthrough with hookah. In addition, there are far less things to worry about, e.g. operating a lighter.

The bowl of hookah is usually some large ceramic one. SWIM usually uses some inert herb as bedding, most commonly parsley or spearmint. He makes a bedding with the herb, then springles the spice on top of it and finally adds another layer of herb. The spice is sandwiched between the two layers of herb in the bowl. Then he gets an aluminium foil, h eperforates it and wraps the top of the bowl with it. A charcoal is lit, placed on the aluminium-covered bowl of the hookah and voila:

Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale, then hey!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

kungpow
#11 Posted : 6/26/2009 3:29:17 PM

Brandon

The bowls are considered pretty big when comparing them to bowl used for smoking MJ. My two hose hookah is 26" tall and looks beautiful. The stem coming up from the base is a naked woman. I have never tried DMT out of the hookah, but then again I have just started smoking DMT. Since I first started smoking it I like to take a couple of trips a day as this substance just fascinates me.

I may have to try the hookah thing out. I have tons of spice so it won't be too big of a problem if it doesn't work. Maybe when I get home I will just load some shisha into my hookah and sprinkle a bit of dmt in with it. It seems like it would be a good way to get sub breakthrough doses and keep the buzz going for a while. I would really like to extend the length of my dmt trips. Hookah seems like it would be an easy way to just keep it going.

Best thing to do when buying a hookah is test it out dry to see how air flows through. I know I was pissed when I got my smaller hookah home and was excited to try it out then it completely sucked. Spend a decent amount of money on it. My nice size hookah cost me about 100 bucks and that came with everything needed (bag, cleaning utensils, some coals, hoses, bowl, grommets, and a few other things).

I will report back after I have tried it.

Drake
#12 Posted : 6/27/2009 2:49:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report Infundibulum, I was hoping you would post your views Very happy . What size is SWIY's Hookah? Just curious, so I have an idea what Hookah size might be best. So far 20" seems like a nice sized Hookah. The only roll Size would play a part in, with spice I think, is how far the vapor travels. I am guessing the longer it travels the cooler it will be, once it reaches your mouth.

kungpow. Be sure to report back. I am very interested in how it works out for you! Also as you suggested "big" hoses, so when you toke its just like breathing. How do you know how "thick" the hose is, when you order one? I looked on one of the sites, it only says how long the hose are (there is some hoses that are 72" long Shocked ).
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

kungpow
#13 Posted : 6/27/2009 4:01:20 AM

Brandon

That is the bitch about ordering them online. It is nice to go to a store where you can take a couple dry puffs to check for air flow. I am sure that if you pay a decent price it is going to smoke decent. With hookahs you really get what you pay for.

Nile 2 hose Hookah

The link above will take you to the same hookah that I first purchased. I loved this hookah to death, but unfortunately I was dumb. I left it out on my front porch and some retards stole it probably thinking it was a bong. That is when I bought my second hookah that was super cheap and sucked ass. Now I have a good one again and I love it.

~Peace out

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 6/27/2009 7:55:44 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Drake wrote:
Great report Infundibulum, I was hoping you would post your views Very happy . What size is SWIY's Hookah? Just curious, so I have an idea what Hookah size might be best. So far 20" seems like a nice sized Hookah. The only roll Size would play a part in, with spice I think, is how far the vapor travels. I am guessing the longer it travels the cooler it will be, once it reaches your mouth.

kungpow. Be sure to report back. I am very interested in how it works out for you! Also as you suggested "big" hoses, so when you toke its just like breathing. How do you know how "thick" the hose is, when you order one? I looked on one of the sites, it only says how long the hose are (there is some hoses that are 72" long Shocked ).

SWIM's hookah is just over 1 metre long, same goes for the hose. It is a big piece but not massive.

SWIM wouldn't worry to much about sizes and proportions.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!