We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marsfold VS Lazyman - Yields? Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 6/25/2009 9:48:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is considering the Lazyman's tek because it claims to yield two to three times more than the standard Marsfold tek, and in less time. This seems to good to be true. Any feedback from those that have used both teks? SWIM would be using powdered MHRB for either one of these teks. Experiences and opinions much appreciated!

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SWIMfriend
#2 Posted : 6/25/2009 9:57:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A couple of people recently have posted questions/problems--the first load of naphtha seems to DISAPPEAR on them! I told one person to just add more, and continue on with pulls. That seemed to work for them. I think the first naphtha to hit the bark has a tendency to soak into the bark and seemingly disappear. I think it may start to come out again when the bark (even powdered bark) breaks down further from the lye.

Certainly, it has worked for people--which makes it really very simple. I think I'm going to try it myself (after you report how it worked Pleased )

idtravlr
#3 Posted : 6/25/2009 10:15:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
A couple of people recently have posted questions/problems--the first load of naphtha seems to DISAPPEAR on them! I told one person to just add more, and continue on with pulls. That seemed to work for them. I think the first naphtha to hit the bark has a tendency to soak into the bark and seemingly disappear. I think it may start to come out again when the bark (even powdered bark) breaks down further from the lye.

Certainly, it has worked for people--which makes it really very simple. I think I'm going to try it myself (after you report how it worked Pleased )

Well, thanks to SWIY, SWIM has 2 luba-luba's of MHRB on the way. Pleased I think he shall try both teks, and will most certainly report back to you on his results! Very happy
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/25/2009 2:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mars is A/B and lazyman is STB, correct?

SWIM read many different teks but never followed one single one.. He made a 'collage' and his own improvisations to fit his context.

Anyways, he did make a side-by-side A/B and STB, and he doesnt remember the exact numbers but they were not significantly different in yield nor purity. They were both around 0.9 - 1 %. SWIM had to start the A/B a couple of hours earlier, so yes STB was definitely faster.

SWIM never had dissapearing naphtha with his STBs, even with low proportions of water, but has indeed read about people having this problem.

An A/B is essential for many extractions, but for mimosa itself SWIM has till now been choosing STB because he can get pure white crystals and good yield by just working carefully, doing a sodium carbonate wash and one or two recrystalizations. The advantage of A/B is if one wants to defat a product, and also when mixing the solvent in the end, its easier/cleaner because one is dealing only with liquids because the solids were thrown away after the acid step...

I would say SWIY should try them both and see which one he preffers.

SWIM's next mission is to try his first limonene tek, which is is very anxious for, but the right moment hasnt come yet. He thinks the limonene tek will probably be his preffered one from now on.