We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Coca Cola to lower pH, to pH 4? Options

Drake
#1 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:05:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I am not having a fun time getting Phosphoric Acid. It is really becoming a pain in the neck, and I don't really want to use any other acids. I have read that Coca Cola has a % of Phosphoric Acid? I think 2%?

Would the other ingredients in Coke screw up the DMT extraction process? I would be more then happy to use Coke, because if any of the ingredients from the Coke are carried in the final product, it won't matter.

I also found another product that contains Phosphoric Acid:

Emetrol Solution 100ML Lemon/Mint

Ingredients:
Each 10mL contains: Fructose 3.75g Glucose 3.75g Phosphoric Acid 50mg at pH 1.3 to 2.0 This product contains methyl hydroxybenzoate.

I don't think the Fructose and Glucose will be a problem in the extraction process. But what about the methyl hydroxybenzoate?

I did a search about methyl hydroxybenzoate on Wiki. Could not find info on it. Only info on Methylparaben, and that was redirected from Methyl p-hydroxybenzoate page.

I have the brands in mind for the Sodium Hydroxide (Mechanix), and Shellite / Naptha (Diggers). Just the Phosphoric Acid! So any advice would be great.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SWIMfriend
#2 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:12:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All this to avoid common vinegar? Why?

Drake
#3 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:

I have read that DMT comes out sticky or as a goo, using vinegar. I like to stick as close to the Handbook as I can.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

SWIMfriend
#4 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:24:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drake wrote:
SWIMfriend wrote:

I have read that it comes out sticky or as a goo, use using vinegar. I like to stick as close to the Handbook as I can.

Which tek are you talking about? If you plan to use your acid in an A/B tek, the type of acid used doesn't matter regarding the texture of the final product--which is freebase. If you want to END UP with an acid-salt of DMT, then the only practical acid to use is fumarate.

You can also do a simple STB tek--and not need any acid at all.

Drake
#5 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:32:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am using The DMT Handbook. As suggested by Smokey when I 1st joined.

I might go ahead and try Coke. Would make SO many peoples lives so much better, if they could just buy Phosphoric Acid in the form of Coca Cola Smile . I wanted to know if any of the other ingredients could have a negative effect on the extraction process. That was my main worry.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

۩
#6 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:42:11 AM

I personally would never trust coca cola.

SWIMfriend
#7 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:48:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drake wrote:

I might go ahead and try Coke. Would make SO many peoples lives so much better, if they could just buy Phosphoric Acid in the form of Coca Cola Smile . I wanted to know if any of the other ingredients could have a negative effect on the extraction process. That was my main worry.

That is a straight A/B extraction: vinegar will work fine--as long as pH is taken low enough (and KEPT low), it doesn't matter WHAT acid is used to bring the pH down**. However, the best and easiest acid to use is hydrochloric--typically sold in stores as 'muriatic' acid. Why not use that? You have NO IDEA what's going to come out with your coke. Sure, it would be harmless--but if half your product (or worse, an unknown fraction) is sugar how are you going to dose it? And talk about a mess, when you heat up sugar! You'll end up with black, smoking goo.

Hydrochloric acid is safe and easy to use. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be sold to any idiot with a few dollars able to walk or wheel into a hardware store.

**Your acetic acid (vinegar) is going to disappear when you basify the solution to a very high pH. You will have only acetate ions floating around in the basified solution you will be extracting from. ANY and ALL biologic material will ALREADY have substantial quantities of acetate ions floating around (they are a key transferable part of metabolism). I'm convinced the main place people fail in extractions is in not having a pH meter to verify conditions. If you don't have a pH meter you are probably best off to try to do some type of STB extraction--where the dry weights of lye needed are well KNOWN and quantified already--no meter necessary. When you do an A/B tek, there IS no standard amount of lye to add--because it depends on how acidic your original solution was, and what acid you used--which is why you need a pH meter. If you DO have a pH meter, you can use any acid you please in an A/B tech--you only need to verify your acid solution is low enough and your basic solution is high enough.

Drake
#8 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:57:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still have read that vinegar can be iffy. But have read now and then, that its fine. I have been speaking with another member through personal messaging, about all three chemicals needed mind you. He uses hydrochloric, and pointed out the brand he uses.

I was just not sure with hydrochloric, because it did not seem as safe as Phosphoric. Because Phosphoric is used as a food additive and such.

Sugar in the end product is not a massive deal. Dosage would be done by taking 10mg and up I suppose. I guess it is something I will test for the good of the community!

Thanks for the information. I will go with [edit]hydrochloric[edit] instead I think.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

SWIMfriend
#9 Posted : 6/25/2009 6:10:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drake wrote:
I still have read that vinegar can be iffy. But have read now and then, that its fine. I have been speaking with another member through personal messaging, about all three chemicals needed mind you. He uses hydrochloric, and pointed out the brand he uses.

I was just not sure with hydrochloric, because it did not seem as safe as Phosphoric. Because Phosphoric is used as a food additive and such.

Sugar in the end product is not a massive deal. Dosage would be done by taking 10mg and up I suppose. I guess it is something I will test for the good of the community!

Thanks for the information. I will go with Phosphoric instead I think.

You stomach produces hydrochloric acid (down to a pH of 1 !!) when you eat a meal. Hydrochloric acid, when in water, is nothing other than hydrogen ions (as H3O) and chloride ions. If even 10% or so of EITHER the hydrogen ions or chloride ions were instantaneously removed from your body, you would drop dead....

OK. I'll try one last time: If you choose to use coca cola as the acid in an A/B tek, then it's my suggestion to you (as someone who has lived a long time compared to most here), that you don't "really" want to try DMT. That you're purposely "shooting yourself in the foot" so your tek won't work. And I'll add: I know a fair amount about that kind of mentality (and of endlessly OVER-THINKING something) from personal experience during the course of life.

Ask yourself: Why does NOBODY else but you find the need to use phosphoric acid to extract DMT? You seem to want advice...and you ask for and receive advice....and then you determine on your own that "BY GOD," you're going to extract your DMT with coca cola!

And finally, the lye and lye solutions you're going to be using are potentially FAR more dangerous than a little bit of 10% hydrochloric acid. If you don't have a clear understanding of that, then you need to give further consideration to safety aspects of extractions, and get a good handle on the real dangers and pitfalls.

Drake
#10 Posted : 6/25/2009 6:25:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:

You stomach produces hydrochloric acid (down to a pH of 1 !!) when you eat a meal. Hydrochloric acid, when in water, is nothing other than hydrogen ions (as H3O) and chloride ions. If even 10% or so of EITHER the hydrogen ions or chloride ions were instantaneously removed from your body, you would drop dead....

OK. I'll try one last time: If you choose to use coca cola as the acid in an A/B tek, then it's my suggestion to you (as someone who has lived a long time compared to most here), that you don't "really" want to try DMT. That you're purposely "shooting yourself in the foot" so your tek won't work. And I'll add: I know a fair amount about that kind of mentality (and of endlessly OVER-THINKING something) from personal experience during the course of life.

Ask yourself: Why does NOBODY else but you find the need to use phosphoric acid to extract DMT? You seem to want advice...and you ask for and receive advice....and then you determine on your own that "BY GOD," you're going to extract your DMT with coca cola!

Oh crap I just noticed I messed up my post Shocked . I was meant to say at the end of my post, "I will go with Hydrochloric acid instead I think". DOH! And thanks for the extra info on Hydrochloric acid! Now it seems safer then Phosphoric Very happy .

As for Coca Cola. I will try it out for fun Wink . Would be interesting to see what comes out in the end.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I take all advice! And advice you give I know is good advice! Hence why I am now going to use Hydrochloric acid instead.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

psychosisdoses
#11 Posted : 6/25/2009 6:31:31 AM

Derek

why in the world phosphoric?
whats wrong with vinegar i SCREAM!!!
it works fine over here...
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

SWIMfriend
#12 Posted : 6/25/2009 7:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drake wrote:
"I will go with Hydrochloric acid instead I think". DOH!

That will work the best for you, no doubt about it. Good Luck with it! Very happy

rellik
#13 Posted : 6/25/2009 4:39:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the aya forums have a very old tek to produce huasca using coca cola or other soda. Havnt dreamed personally but from what i remember, others have had good experiences.

Using it as an acid for an A/B would be something that i would avoid. Id imagine that you would get some gooey things remaining through the A/B stages.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:17:12 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Drake wrote:

SWIM does not understands why people do not use stomach juices for an A/B. 1 litre of puke can be diluted 10 times to give an acidic solution of a pH of around 3 making it ideal for extractions.

SWIM swears by his puke when doing A/Bs. There's no need to go for phosphoric acid, coca cola, hydrochloric acid, citric acid or whatever acid. Puke is easy to procure, it is food grade and naturally produced from renewabel resources. What else can someone wish for? SWIM knows....

...Aya puke (it is far superior for extractions)!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

kungpow
#15 Posted : 6/25/2009 5:41:05 PM

Brandon

I just don't understand why someone would do an A/B when you can do an STB. All of the supplies are easily found and it is one less step to do. MY very first extraction was done A/B style and my yields were terrible. STB are just so easy. Everything just stays in a jug and you're good to go.

WSaged
#16 Posted : 6/25/2009 11:00:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
SWIM does not understands why people do not use stomach juices for an A/B. 1 litre of puke can be diluted 10 times to give an acidic solution of a pH of around 3 making it ideal for extractions.
SWIM swears by his puke when doing A/Bs. There's no need to go for phosphoric acid, coca cola, hydrochloric acid, citric acid or whatever acid. Puke is easy to procure, it is food grade and naturally produced from renewabel resources. What else can someone wish for? SWIM knows....
...Aya puke (it is far superior for extractions)!

That is the most brilliant idea I've ever heard in my life!!!
(face muscles tensing...wait for it...)

Laughing Laughing HAHAHAHAHAHAHALaughing Laughing

Nice one! That's some funny shit!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drake
#17 Posted : 6/26/2009 2:14:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kungpow wrote:
I just don't understand why someone would do an A/B when you can do an STB. All of the supplies are easily found and it is one less step to do. MY very first extraction was done A/B style and my yields were terrible. STB are just so easy. Everything just stays in a jug and you're good to go.

For sure I would rather do a STB. But I am not sure if that's the best thing when using Acacia. MHRB is fine to use a STB tek. But for the species of Acacia I will use, Will stick with the DMT Handbook a/b tek.

Acacia podalyriifolia might have a high chlorophyll and high fat content. Might.

Infundibulum I am a gullible, honestly. I cannot tell if you are joking, or being serious Shocked .
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

SWIMfriend
#18 Posted : 6/26/2009 2:22:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drake wrote:
kungpow wrote:

For sure I would rather do a STB. But I am not sure if that's the best thing when using Acacia. MHRB is fine to use a STB tek. But for the species of Acacia I will use, Will stick with the DMT Handbook a/b tek.

Acacia podalyriifolia might have a high chlorophyll and high fat content. Might.

Infundibulum I am a gullible, honestly. I cannot tell if you are joking, or being serious Shocked .

He's joking Very happy

I think you're right: Most experienced people would recommend an A/B tek for an extraction on plant material other than MHRB.

Bill Cipher
#19 Posted : 6/26/2009 4:13:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Come on, man. DON'T use coca cola. That's ludicrous. You're not going to come out with a gooey mess as long as you follow the tek. Improvising, however, is a pretty good way to end up with a lot of nothing.

Vinegar is fine. Ascorbic acid is even better - it will pull just as much spice, but less of the junk you want to avoid. And make sure to do several defat pulls before basifying.

Drake
#20 Posted : 6/26/2009 5:51:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not plan to use Coca Cola anymore. But I do plan on trying Coca Cola at a later date to see what happens Wink . As I have sead.

As for Defatting. I looked at Lextek, and it defats AFTER basifying. Where as Vovin's tek defats before basifying .

Also in Vovin's tek, step three called "Step 3: Reducing and Decanting"? I have not read much about this. And is not included in Lextek. Is it really a necessary step?

So defatting is basicly just adding Naphtha (Vovin tek suggests 100mL), in the case of defatting after an acid cook. Or after basifying , you add fresh acidic water with pH 4 (Lextek suggests 250mL). Then simply separating the Naphtha (that has the plant fats) from the TOP layer?

Just wanted to be 100% clear on what defatting is. I am sure defatting is not included in The DMT Handbook. There is a Recrystallisation process, it says it is a method of Purification. So is that counted as defatting?

Going through Vovin's tek. It seems much more advanced. Doing a defat after basifying would be fine?

As always, the members have The Nexus have given me vital information Very happy .
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

12NEXT