We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
what kind of jars you use to stock your spice? Options

simplexus
#1 Posted : 3/17/2014 4:10:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering what kind of recip one use to stock his spice
here are mine...
it's very poor Very happy , I took the smallest glass I have, and it goes in the fridge!

Does somebody knows about http://www.dabjars.com/ ?
there is some glass or silicone small jars there. I think silicon is not a good idea for freebase (need confirmation) but glass ones seem to be ok.
If someone have feedback about this, please share.
simplexus attached the following image(s):
IMG_9237.JPG (1,646kb) downloaded 220 time(s).
IMG_9238.JPG (1,710kb) downloaded 219 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PowerfulMedicine
#2 Posted : 3/17/2014 5:03:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't trust silicone for freebase DMT. The organic side groups on the siloxane might react to the freebase DMT since it is soluble in organic solvents. This plus the alkalinity of freebase could corrode the silicone or degrade the DMT. A salt of DMT seems like it would be less likely to react due to it polar nature.

But I this is just a guess. And I honestly don't completely trust anything besides earthenware for storing things that I plan to consume. Plastics and such usually leach dangerous chemicals over time.

Glass would be the best option. You could probably find some small vials somewhere. Or reuse washed jars from food.
Maay-yo-naze!

Entheogenerator
#3 Posted : 3/17/2014 5:17:16 AM

Homo discens

I have found that glass 1 dram vials are a good thing to have on hand when storing powdered or crystalline compounds. 1/3 dram, 5/8 dram, 2 dram, and 3 dram vials are also nice to have around for smaller/larger amounts.
Entheogenerator attached the following image(s):
vials.JPG (57kb) downloaded 212 time(s).
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

HumbleTraveler
#4 Posted : 3/17/2014 6:53:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had to get creative and I use an old plastic pog case with a snap tight lid.

I still have no idea what the hell the point of pogs and slammers is, and I still have no idea why I still have so many.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

User1911
#5 Posted : 3/17/2014 7:16:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Def recommoned jyarz, their air tight, and can hold alot of dreams. And the wide mouth opening makes it easy to get a dose out.

arcologist
#6 Posted : 3/17/2014 8:06:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use the JAM1 1.5oz jars from Specialty Bottle. They hold at maximum up to around 15g of fumarate or maybe 6g of fluffy freebase and are dirt cheap. The glass ones at the DabJars link look like around the right size (maybe slightly smaller), but they have plastic lids.

I definitely recommend jars rather than vials because the large mouth makes it easier to get DMT in and out. Vials require a funnel to load them.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#7 Posted : 3/17/2014 8:42:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Specialty Bottle is the bomb! Jars, vials, droppers, spray bottles and much more at one place. I love storing cannabis flowers and extracts in glass - AND I can pull a vacuum on all my glass jars for long term storage and freshness. I have some flowers that are years old that still taste as fresh as a new harvest. I also store my honey oils and waxes in their glass jars and vials. Can't pull a vac on the vials, but they are great for storing small amounts and transporting them in a pocket or small bag.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

steppa
#8 Posted : 3/18/2014 8:38:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use this:

and keep it in the fridge.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Earthwalker
#9 Posted : 3/18/2014 3:42:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These are my preference in clear glass bottles , there cheap aswell $4 for ten !!Thumbs up

HumbleTraveler
#10 Posted : 3/18/2014 5:42:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Woah specialty bottle seems cool. They even have a DMT specific jar section titled Spice Jars!

http://www.specialtybottle.com/spiceglassjarsmi.aspx

Big grin
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Pihuechenyi
#11 Posted : 3/18/2014 9:00:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use my girlfriends finished eye and face cream jars. They are really wide mouthed and shallow so easy to get spice out of.

http://www.miami.com/kie...generating-cream-article

Probably also good from a stealth point of view and you end up with glowing radiant skin in the mean time too!

Gone-and-Back
#12 Posted : 3/27/2014 12:51:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I use to keep it contained inside of one of my spare contact lense cases. Now I am currently using one of those rubber type containers that are made for hash oil. I have not noticed any degradation of the container or of the product itself. It doesnt taste any differently or anything either.

The best thing to use though is probably a glass vial of sorts. Glass is always a good bet.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.