We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First FASA, is this the expected result? Options

ymer
#1 Posted : 3/9/2014 4:26:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I performed a standard A/B with phosphoric acid and lye on MHRB, first pull was freeze precipitated with naphtha but for the second pull I wanted to try FASA, I used xylene for the pull and salted it with my FASA solution of 100ml anhydrous Acetone + 0.7g fumaric acid that completely dissolved.

Upon adding the FASA solution dropwise to the xylene it became very cloudy and I left my container covered with a plastic bag and a rubber band to avoid evaporation of the acetone for 48 hours.

Crystals formed in the container and when the solution was completely clear I removed the Xylene/Acetone with a pippete, the results are pictured below. My concern is that the fumaric acid was kicked out of solution and I have a mixture of fumaric acid + DMT fumarate because I'm not sure if the crystalization is normal when salting out with FASA:

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

arcologist
#2 Posted : 3/9/2014 5:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That looks normal. There shouldn't be much in the way of fumaric acid contamination, but if you want to make sure you can scrape up the solids, then pour in a little acetone, then mix it around (trying to crush any large chunks and work the acetone in everywhere). Let any suspended particles settle and pour off the acetone that should have picked up any material that is not DMT fumarate.

As far as I know, the fumaric acid doesn't precipitate when FASA-ing xylene.

Entheogenerator
#3 Posted : 3/9/2014 7:40:19 PM

Homo discens

arcologist wrote:
That looks normal. There shouldn't be much in the way of fumaric acid contamination, but if you want to make sure you can scrape up the solids, then pour in a little acetone, then mix it around (trying to crush any large chunks and work the acetone in everywhere). Let any suspended particles settle and pour off the acetone that should have picked up any material that is not DMT fumarate.

As far as I know, the fumaric acid doesn't precipitate when FASA-ing xylene.

This is what I would suggest as well, but it is pretty unlikely that you managed to precipitate your fumaric acid rather than DMT fumarate.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

ymer
#4 Posted : 3/10/2014 1:34:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the answers, I measured 800mg of DMT fumarate, I will convert to freebase and see the weight difference. Thumbs up