We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Indexing by search engines - detrimental? Options

d*l*b
#1 Posted : 6/22/2009 9:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On several occasions I have searched for supplies (legit, but also possibly questionable products such as solvents) and have found that the Nexus and the supplier are the only results.

I wonder if SE indexing some areas of the site may be counterproductive and may lead to stricter checks by suppliers and the creation of restrictions on supply in the long run with many products.

D × V × F > R

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 6/22/2009 9:42:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

very interesting indeed..
it's a sound

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 6/23/2009 5:30:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the supplier subforum should be made private.

spacedinvader
#4 Posted : 6/23/2009 8:46:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think if the admin of the site was on the ball he would have implemented a proper robots.txt file already and this would not be a problem.

It's okay though, he had to earlier be courteously reminded to stop giving away dmt-nexus.me in the referrer. Ever notice how now when you link to a site, it first takes you to, "http://www.anoniem.org/?"!

See:
http://www.dmt-nexus.me/robots.txt

Then see:
http://www.robotstxt.org/

Literally to 'fix' this 'problem' a single slash needs to be added to the second line:

current configuration:
User-agent: *
Disallow:

fixed configuration:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /

If the admin does not want to block every directory from being indexed, then explicitly add which directly needs to be blocked. (he likes it when the google stops by).

balaganist
#5 Posted : 6/23/2009 10:45:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very good point... nexus needs to stay underground!!
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 6/23/2009 11:38:05 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I think it's important that people can find the DMT-Nexus in search engines, in the end many members came by those means. So changing the robots.txt is not an option.

As for the suppliers section, I made it hidden for non-members (including search engines), you now have to be logged in to see that section. It will take some time though before the cache of the search engines are purged.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 6/23/2009 8:33:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member