We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Golden Teachers in a Growbox Options

Cufko
#1 Posted : 2/27/2014 8:12:33 AM

Researcher

Hello guys.
I bought a growbox for Golden Teachers. It is now day 14 and there are still no pinheads.
I grew mushrooms once before in a growbox, everything was fine. I'm sure I did not make any major mistakes. The problem could be the temperature though. Maybe it's a little too cold. I do not have a thermometer, but I'm guessing the temperatures are around 20°C. Sometimes less ...

Do you have any thoughts on this? I'm sure that under the best conditions mushrooms would be growing already. The growbox is on light (not direct sunlight) for 12h and in dark for 12h.

Am I doing something wrong? Will the mushrooms grow?

In knowledge, there is power

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entheogenerator
#2 Posted : 2/27/2014 11:31:25 AM

Homo discens

More heat! Ideal temps for fruiting would be around 24°C - 29.5°F.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Cufko
#3 Posted : 2/27/2014 11:35:46 AM

Researcher

Entheogenerator wrote:
More heat! Ideal temps for fruiting would be around 24°C - 29.5°F.

Yes, I know that. But it's pretty cold where I live right now, and during the night I can't provide enough heat. I'm doing the best I can.
In knowledge, there is power

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 2/27/2014 2:01:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
during the night I can't provide enough heat

Reptile heat pads are very handy things. Google it.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

infinitynlove
#5 Posted : 2/28/2014 8:24:07 AM

Mushroom Explorer

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
during the night I can't provide enough heat

Reptile heat pads are very handy things. Google it.

he is right, or two tubs inside each other, with water and a fish tank heater in the bottom tub will allow you to get your temps exact.

if your temps are lower than 65f your growth can slow right down, I have had cakes pin and then take upto 10 days and sometimes longer to finish off at temps around 50f - 60f.

Also it looks like you have some uncolonized rye in the middle, this is a bad situation and will probably contaminate your tray, ideally it should be covered and kept at 82f until it is all fully colonized, ideal temps for colonization is 86f, but the mycelium will generate its own heat, so an 82f external temp will generate an internal temp of 86f, perfect.

If the tray stalled when colonizing, then you probably had bad air exchange, only a little is needed when colonizing, but it is needed, a build up of co2 will cause a tray / culture to stall.

if I where you, add a little peroxide to some water in a sprayer, spray the tray a bit, ensure the uncolonized rye gets damp, and put cling film / plastic food wrap around the tray sealing the mycelium in with the water you just sprayed, but try not to let it touch the surface of the mycelium, poke a few holes in the film, then put it somewhere dark where the temp is ideally 82f .... it doesn't have to be exact, 75f- 85f is a good range to keep things at when colonizing, wait till the rye in the tray is fully colonized, give it a few days to consolidate, then drunk that tray in water and put it in the fridge for 12 - 24 hours, then set your temps to between 70 and 80f, expose it to lots of fresh air and ambient light (not direct sunlight, it can effect potency) and you will have lots of pins popping up before you know it!

if you leave it with uncolonized rye, that rye is food for mold and fungus, so its likely to get a contamination, which will ruin everything! just like if you left wet food out at room temperature, at some point mold will grow on it, same with your tray.

Also it looks like there are holes made with a fork in the mycelium? I don't know if this is the case or what is going on here, but you don't need to do that.

if you follow the above "letting it finish colonizing advice", get your temps right and then re-dunk you should be fine, but that uncolonized rye is just waiting to contam, you need to sort that out, even if you just picked out all of the uncolonized rye, that would help, better than leaving it in there and carry on fruiting.

Peace
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM